SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ PYP ❯ Chapter 16: Tender ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Pick Your Pairing
By: May-VeggieGirl1

The gist is: YOU all tell me what you want me to write. ^_^ Pairings, pretty much pairings, but I will do introspective views of characters and friendships. It'll be short and sweet, staying in character as much as I can. So, I don't have anything else to say, get going with the requests!

Requested by: ...someone... a LONG time ago. <_> I believe it might have been cybertoy.
Either way, it's extremely overdue. And kind of sloppy... Please post if you have another for me!

Chapter 16: Tender




So this was the peaceful metropolis of Neotopia.

The once most feared and respected gundam of Ark strode away from the bustling group, contemplating the sights and sounds and trying to absorb them. Children ran and played in the lush, grassy fields; they did not hang their heads with burden or cry with weakness in isolation. Men greeted each other and talked openly in the streets without raising their voices or drawing their weapons. There were no sounds of clashing steel, burning crops or feirce commands barking through the dense forest, and the breeze did not carry the singed ashen smell of bamboo through the air, only the salty sea with a hint of lilac from nearby blooms.


Neotopia was radically different from what he had ever known- or begun to imagine.


Strolling along, Kibaomaru spotted a woman with long blue hair resting on a bench, craddling her infant. Her face was beautiful and fair as she gazed down at the delicate, fleshy child with bright bubbly eyes, sucking wildly on her pacifier. He approached, watching in silence as to not disturb them, though the woman smiled at him.

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it?"

"It's a beautiful nation," He replied. She needn't ask to understand what the foreign gundam meant, she had heard enough from the tales of Shute and Bakunetsumaru.

"It seems Nana likes you," The woman observed as the blonde babe reached a petite hand out to Kibaomaru, wanting to examine his spikey armor. He stared at the infant, perplexed as he gingerly raised his hand to her. Nana took it eagerly and paused from her sucking to gnaw on it, her gums retracing the healed pains of his past. "Oh stop that you!"

"It's... fine." It felt so strange, but did not hurt. She giggled with glee and Keiko looked up at him.

"Would you like to hold her," She offered as Nana squirmed, keeping a grip around his finger with a wide, toothless grin on her face. A knot quickly formed in Kibaomaru's throat, watching the child's excitement and feeling her delicacy. She was so gentle and carefree, the world could be hanging by a thread through politics and strife but Nana would still be this harmless, joyous infant. He, who was but one battle away from becoming the most fearsome warlord of Ark, were to hold this human child, even after never holding held his own?

Prying his hand away from her, he looked down apologetically. "I-- couldn't," Kibaomaru croaked before turning away. She gave a small cry of disappointment, but he did not look back.

His scars were so deep and drenched in blood, he would not dare taint her tender innocence with such hands.