SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ The Long Battle ( Chapter 15 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Welcome to Neotopia, city of the near future, where nature and technology exist side-by-side.
Last time, the Gundams were nearly defeated- not by super evil robots, but by their own nightmares. Luckily, Shute(that's me!) snapped them out of it. Now we have to deal with the three invaders of SDG Headquarters, and that could mean an even tougher battle!
 
The Long Battle
 
Shute stared at the video monitor showing the three invaders who appeared in Blanc Base and took out their (somewhat redundant) security force. He turned to Chief Haro. “Who are these guys?”
“I don't know,” the chief said, “But judging from their actions, it's a good chance they're not friendly.” Chief Haro then turned to the Captain Gundam. “Captain Gundam, I know you've just come out from a very disturbing experience, but with all our other units launched, you four are the only ones left to defend the base from these invaders.”
Zero took a step forward, “What do you mean?” he asked.
“While you were sleeping, our sensors detected heavy activity in multiple districts,” Kao Lyn explained, “Sense we couldn't wake you guys up, we had to launch GunEagle, GunPanzer, and the GunChoppers to deal with them.”
Perhaps with impeccable timing did GunEagle's voice appear over the comm. “GunEagle, reporting to headquarters! Do you read me?”
“Yes, GunEagle, we read you,” Chief Haro answered, “What is your status?”
“I'm up to my circuits in Zako-wannabes, chief,” GunEagle's voice answered, “And when I swat one two more pop up! There's no doubt these things are the robots Captain described in his report!” There was a noise like an explosion, “I can keep this up all day, and it might take that long!”
Chief Haro nodded. “Affirmitive, GunEagle. Keep at it!” He turned to the core Gundam Force. “Earlier contacts from GunPanzer and the GunChoppers report that they are dealing with the same thing, so they won't be back for a while. Gundam Force, it's up to you to defend Blanc Base!”
While the chief was talking, Bakunetsumaru was busy getting his helmet back on. “Sounds good to me,” the Musha Gundam said, “I need to stretch my legs anyway.”
POOF! Zero summoned a princess rose in his hand and presented it to Rele.
“Your majesty,” the Winged Knight said chivalrously, “As your sole protector, I beg of you to remain in the safety of this castle while I deal with these uncouth rogues outside.”
Princess Rele frowned slightly, but nodded and took the flower. “I leave this to you, Zero.”
“Shute,” Captain said, looking at his friend, “Can I trust you and the others to hold on while I get ready?”
Shute pumped his fist, nodding. “No problem! There's nothing we can't do!”
“Right.” Captain turned and said, “Chief Haro, I request immediate use of the Re-Equip Ring!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
Outside, the three outsiders continued to stare into the entrance of the base's inner dwellings.
“Well,” Long Marasai said, “It looks like they've run out of things to throw at us. Let's get those discs.”
No sooner had the words left his, uh, voice box did Bakunetsumaru, Zero, and Shute, wearing his SDG backpack, appear before them.
Bermuda glanced at Stonehenge. “I thought you said they weren't going to wake up.”
Stonehenge, looking somewhat surprised, didn't bother to look back. “I don't get it,” He said irritably, “Those medals were 300 % infection rate, they shouldn't have woken up.”
Shute heard the exchange, and his eyes narrowed. “Infection rate…?”
 
zakozakoFlashbackzakozako
 
“Those medals you received were contaminated with a type of artificial virus that put you in a dream state. One that you couldn't wake out of.”
 
Zakozakoend flashbackzakozako
 
Shute got it instantly. “It was you!” He yelled, pointing an accusing finger at the three intruders. Eveyone looked at him. “You're the ones who infected our medals, right!?”
While the revelation gave everyone at the base a good shock(Chief Haro's ears flapped), the three strangers didn't react.
“That's right,” Bermuda said in an uninterested manner, shocking everyone even more.
“How can you say that and sound so uncaring!?” Bakunetsumaru demanded, swords drawn.
“Because it's true,” she said, once more uncaring. “It looks like your strongest unit hasn't re-activated at least.”
“Captain?” Shute grinned. “Don't worry, he'll be here.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Out on the catapult deck, the Re-Equip Ring, unused since Grappler Gouf's would-be take over of the Gundamusai, but unforgotten, prepared for take off. In the center of the ring, Hyper Captain Gundam was held up by the Ring's many robotic arms. One arm to the right side handed him his gattling gun, while an arm to the left handed him his heavy weapons mode shield. Behind, another arm pushed his Option F backpack on his back, where it fastened on with an electric crackle. Finally, two more arms attached flight boosters to the Option F.
Preparations completed, Captain began to power up his flight boosters. “Hyper Captain Gundam, Option F, ready for duty!”
Departing the Ring, Captain's made an arc in order to fly towards the combat zone.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, the battle had begun. Bakunetsumaru jumped the gun and launched at Bermuda, who easily jumped aside. Not to be deterred, Baku' swung his swords at Bermuda again. This attack was just as effective as the last (meaning it wasn't), and Bermuda once again jumped away, landing nearby, but on a different spot than the last two.
“Stop your cowardly retreats and fight!” Bakunetsumaru hollered, pointing at the sarong girl.
“All right,” Bermuda once again jumped away, this time a sizable difference from the samurai. She put her thumbs and index fingers together in the shape of a triangle.
“Field,” She said, and when she did, the points where she stood previously began to glow and connect, putting Bakunetsumaru inside a purple/red triangle.
“What?!” Baku' didn't understand what was happening- until it was too late. A massive beam shot out of the triangle, blasting Bakunetsumaru into the air!
“Aaauuugghh- Oof!” Bakunetsumaru yelled as he landed ungracefully back on the ground. Bermuda smiled.
Zero found himself battling the stone faced Stonehenge. While he didn't look very threatening, Zero soon found he had a very confounding power. Just as the Winged Knight brought his sword towards Stoneheng, the well-dressed cue ball raised his hands, and a grey slab appeared over it! Swinging it, Stonehenge slapped the slab against Zero, sending him flying! In the air, Zero flew back and tried to get at Stonehenge, but another grey slab appeared, blocking the assault! Stonehenge then brought his hands together, and the two slabs clapped against Zero!
While this was going on, Shute and Long Marasai were embroiled in a staredown. Suddenly, Shute's hand went for his backpack's handle.
`Hmm?' thought Long, `Is that a weapon?'
Steadying the handle on his arm, Shute pointed the open end of the handle at Long, and began to fire it, shooting globs of green glue at the robot.
`If I can hit his eye…' Shute thought as he fired. Unfortunately, Long blocked the gooey assault with his arm.
`What is this gunk?' he thought, staring at the substance. He was knocked out of his studying by the sound of a gun firing. Leaping out of the way, he narrowly avoided being shot in the back. Whirling around, he saw who attacked him.
“I have been granted special dispensation to use firearms by the authorities,” Captain said as he flew closer towards the battle, “You will lay down your arms and withdrawn at once!”
The three intruders stared at the incoming Gundam.
“He's awake too!?” Stonehenge gaped, looking very annoyed.
“That's odd,” commented Bermuda, “I thought at least one of them would still be trapped.”
“This is ridiculous,” Grumbled Long, “But let's be clear on this. He was the unit who destroyed Grand Hizack, right?”
“He had help from the others,” Replied Bermuda.
“Fine,” Fumed Long, “I'll take care of him, and you two take out the others, that sound good?”
“All right,” Bermuda said, shifting her attention back to Bakunetsumaru. While they were talking, he, Shute and Zero had regrouped.
“Here I come!” Long Marasai shouted, activating the rocket boosters on his soles and back.
In response, Captain fired several rounds of his gattling gun. Long swerved to avoid the shots. Long held out his hand, holding the palm so that it faced Captain. The GP01 noticed that in the center of his palm was an emitter, similar to the ones Sazabi had. It was at that realization did the emitter begin to glow, firing a burst of energy!
BAMF!
Captain held up his shield to block the burst. Under the cover of the smoke created from the impact(it was one hot burst) Captain launcher missiles from his shield. Long wasn't expecting such an attack, and couldn't avoid the missiles in time.
“Arrgh!” Long cried as the impact of the missiles knocked him in the air.
“All right,” fumed Long, “No more fooling around!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
At the Base, Bakunetsumaru made another assault on Bermuda. The sarong girl didn't jump away like she did the last time. Instead, she spread out her legs and touched the ground with her hand, forming another triangle. She leapt away as Baku' came down, but as he did, he made sure to roll upon landing, in order to narrowly avoid the field beam.
“Nice try!” Bakunetsumaru taunted, but he wasn't feeling so confident inside. He would have to watch his footing. He decided to finish the fight quickly.
“Tenkyo-Ken!” Bakunetsumaru unleashed his fiery `x' at Bermuda.
But instead of making movement to evade, as common would have dictate, Bermuda did something odd. She point to three points in the air…forming a triangle! The subsequent beam connected with the fiery `x', causing a flash.
“Gah!” Bakunetsumaru cried, shielding his eyes.
Meanwhile, Zero wasn't faring any better. Stonehenge was barraging him with what seemed like a beam of continuously appearing smaller slabs, putting the Wing Knight on the defensive.
Shute, on the sidelines, tried to help by firing glue-globs at the cue ball, but only succeeded at distracting him.
“Bug off!” Snapped Stonehenge, turning to the boy. Raising his arm, a large slab appeared over it. Then, as Stonehenge swung his arm down, the slab swung down at Shute. It would have crushed him, he was saved by a Mana circle that appeared.
“Huh?” Looking around, Shute saw Princess Rele and Chief Haro. “Thank you!”
Meanwhile, Zero took advantage of Stonehenge's distraction. “Super Magical Violet Tornado!”
It might have worked, but Stonehenge merely summoned a much larger slab to hide behind.
“Nice try,” Smirked Stonehenge, feeling very clever.
Of course he had completely forgotten about Shute, who wanted to pay him back for nearly crushing him. Propelled by his backpack's boosters, Shute body slamed Stonehenge into the slab!
“Erg…That's it!” Stonehenge snarled, shoving Shute off, “I've had it with you!” He stood up and summoned a slab in each hand. “I'll squash you flat!”
However, before he could make do with his threat, Zero swung his sword in an arc. “Lacroa...Crescent!”
The crescent-shaped burst of magic sliced through Stonehenge, causing him to cry out in pain.
“This can't be happening!” Groaned Stonehenge as something odd began to happen. First, his bottom half(waist down) began to fizzle out before he completely de-pixilated, much like a beaten Lozack. Before the top half(waist up) followed, Stonehenge had some final words.
“I don't understand…he said we were like Titans…”
Meanwhile, Bakunetsumaru managed to get Bermuda with Tenkyo-Ken. Burnt badly, Bermuda found herself at the end of Bakunetsumaru's sword.
“Talk!” the Musha Gundam ordered, “Why did you attack us?!”
Bermuda didn't get up from where she was lying. “We just wanted the Discs…”
“Why?!” Baku pressed.
Instead of answering, Bermuda looked up at the clouds. “I feel…bad.” She as she de-pixilated.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Out in the air, Captain wasn't having such a good time. Though he managed to get some good shots in, whenever one of Long's bursts hit him it knocked the Gundam for a loop. It didn't help that Marasai had better agility than Captain. Both his shield and gun had already been destroyed.
`I have to disrupt his flight path,' Thought Captain, `but how???'
BAMF!
Captain shifted to the right to avoid another burst. It was then he noticed that while the booster on Long's back projected him through the air, the ones on his feet allowed him to controlled his direction.
`If he wants to go left, he points them right… That's it!'
Captain opened his helmet's vents and began to gather energy. “Hyper Mode, power-up!” A visor slid over his eyes. “V Attack!” The devastating beam from his `v' shot out, bearing on Long.
To counter it, Long unleashed a continuous burst beam from both palms. The two beams met, causing a massive flash of light.
“Geh!” Long covered his eyes to shield them from the flash. He then heard the sounds of lasers firing. “Wha-?!”
It was Captain! The Mobile Defender was flying at Long while firing whatever he had.
`The `v' thing was just a feint!' Thought Long frantically, trying to get away, but it was too late. Captain had struck a decisive shot on his left foot booster. Oddly, instead of blowing up the way a robot parts would, the foot…dematerialized, the way the Lozacks would. Meanwhile, Long found his flight path taking a very literal twist.
“Yaa-aaa-aaa!” Long screamed, as he spun and looped through the skies. While Long tried to regain control, Captain took initiative, firing from his V Rod, wrist gauntlets and head vulcans. This second onslaught managed to knock out Long's back booster, causing him to loop around even more.
Captain's scanner slid down. “Analyzing flight path…trajectory confirmed!”
Then he heard it. “Captain! Go for it!”
Hearing Shute's voice, the Soul Drive began to energize. As a fire lit up in his eyes, Captain's right fist started to glow a golden yellow. As a booster on the back of his wrist gauntlet activated, giving the arm a powerful spin.
“Hyper Captain...PUNCH!” Captain zoomed at Long Marasai at top speed. What happened next was inevitable, and to be expected.
BOOM!
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, in another place…
“So…That's four they've rendered obsolete.”
“Rello…”
“I will have to improve my designs, it seems…”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
With the destruction of the three `Titans' as Stonehenge claimed to be, Lozacks stopped appearing everywhere. While GunEagle and the GunChopper squad returned to the Base(they had to stop and help out GunPanzer, who had gotten stuck in a tree again, somehow) Chief Haro congratulated the Gundam Force for their work.
“You defended the base from an invading force, and prevented what might have been certain disaster. Job well done, men.” Chief Haro said, saluting.
The GF saluted back.
“Thank you, Chief Haro, but no medals this time, okay?” Shute asked, giving everyone a good laugh.
“But y'know,” Shute said, turning to face the rising sun, “I wonder if we'll have to deal with guys like them again.”
“Don't worry, Shute.” Captain said, walking up beside him, “No matter what happens, we'll be able to overcome it.”
Shute smiled. “Yeah.”