SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ A New Mission and the Zako Soldiers ( Chapter 20 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Welcome, to Neotopia, city of the future. Here, nature and technology have been integrated into a perfect balance. The result? Paradise. A while back, our home was attacked by an evil force from another dimension, the Dark Axis. Their evil was only repelled by the Gundam Force, a team made up of special robots and a boy named Shute.(that's me!) Now, it's time to go to the other dimensions and help other worlds that weren't so luck! Let's go!
 
A New Mission and the Zako Soliders
 
 
The Dimensional Transport Device was stationed at Lab C of the Super Dimensional Guard. It was set up for the occasion when the SDG would have to stop playing defense in the Dark Axis conflict and actually launch an attack on them. However, transport between different universes was much easier said than done, and seeing as they were no natural tears in the fragile fabric of space time, that meant having to start from scratch.
Luckily, the SDG managed to gain the help of a young prodigy who was agreed to stick his head in for laughs more than anything, and quickly rose to the head of the project.
And now, after five years of trial, error, many complications, and some amount of banging a head against the wall, Dr. Bell Wood finally felt as if his machine was finally making some semblance of progress.
“Hey! Bell Wood!”
The young scientist turned to see Shute running up from a recently landed gunperry. Soon Shute was right up next to him, catching his breath from running so hard.
“So you finally got it fixed?” Shute asked at last.
“You know it!” Bell Wood laughed, pumping his arms into the air. “I never thought I'd get this thing working! Not after what that samurai did!”
The Dimensional Transport Device(Now referred to as DTD) was originally destroyed after a battle between the excitable Bakunetsumaru and the just as excitable Destroyer Dom in the early stages of the SDG's conflict with the Dark Axis.
“So, how'd you fixed it?” Shute asked.
“Well, for one thing, the Zakrello Gate really helped,” Explained Bell Wood.
Shute looked confused. “But we don't have the Gate…” After the full invasion of Neotopia, the SDG managed to capture the Zakrello Gate and use it to send the Gundam Force into the dimension were the Dark Axis were based. But after the destruction of General Zeong, the DA's leader, the Gate decided to go home…wherever that was.
“I know,” Wood continued, “but when we had it, I was able to study it and figure out how it works. Plus, I found a list of dimensional coordinates. Also,” Bell Wood grinned, “Those discs we found had some info on the Gate itself, so that really sped things up.”
Shute looked really excited. “So we're going to have our own Zakrello Gate, right?”
Bell Wood shook his head, “Not right.”
“Not right?”
“Right! See, the Gate was made of materials that can't be found on Earth,” Bell Wood explained, “I was able to examine the tech', but I won't be able to make another Gate like it. But,” Bell Wood finished, noticing Shute's disappointment, “I'll be able to send you guys to your next mission.”
Shute looked up. “Hey, where are the others? I thought they'd be here.”
“Well, Captain's getting' somethin' for your trip, as for the others…” Bell Wood trailed off as he looked into the distance. “I think I see someone coming now!”
Shute looked to were Bell Wood was looking. In the distance he could see a figure riding horseback…
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Hurry, Entengo! The others must be waiting for us!” Bakunetsumaru yelled, as he rode his faithful steed across the sand. Genkimaru's portal had dropped him farther from the DTD than he expected. Luckily, the Device was now in sight.
“Forward, Entengo!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“How do you suppose he got out there?” Shute asked, shielding his eyes from the sun as he looked.
“Probably got lost.” Bell Wood replied in an offhand manner.
“Who got lost?” A dainty voice asked from behind.
The two boys turned around and were greeted wit the sight of Zero the Princess Rele.
Shute smiled broadly, “Hey! Glad you could make it!”
“I wouldn't miss seeing you for my kingdom,” Rele said, as she and Shute began to make conversation.
“She almost did,” Zero confided in Bell Wood, “The Princess' royal father was not willing to let her majesty go on another mission after heard about the last one.”
“Dear old dad tried to put his foot down, huh?” Bell Wood asked, glancing at the princess.
“Luckily, I was able to assure him that her royal highness would be safe on my watch.” Zero concluded, sounding somewhat pompous. Meanwhile, Rele was telling Shute the same thing.
“So, your dad didn't want you to come with us?” Shute asked, hands behind his head.
“Yes,” Rele said with a sigh, “But thankfully I was able to show him I am capable of protecting myself.”
Suddenly, the sound of large thrusters filled their ears. Looking up, they, and Bakunetsumaru on Entengo, all looked up and saw a large ship armed with ball cannons and capped with a gundam head. On a balcony on the head they could see Captain waving.
“The Gundamusai!” Shute cried.
“It's been re-commissioned for your mission,” Explained Bell Wood, “Captain was sent to bring it here.”
Meanwhile, three Zako Soldiers poked their heads out from behind one of the towers around the site, one on top of the other in Scooby-Doo fashion.
“Look, there's the Gundamusai, zako!” The first Zako said.
“Zako, now we can get our weapons out from it!” the second one continued.
“And use the Dimensional Transport Device to get back to Ark, zako!” the third one finished. All three ducked behind the tower.
“Zako!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Gundam Force members, you have been called here to take part in the next mission of the SDG's efforts to restore worlds that have suffered at the hands of the Dark Axis,” Chief Haro said, saluting. The assembled Gundam Force returned the salute. No one noticed the baker's dozen worth of small green figures scurrying towards the Gundamusai.
“And as part of your efforts will include depetrification, we have prepared this,”
A SDG GM marched forward holding a familiar object.
Shute's eyebrow went up, “Hey, that's a BaguBagu dispenser!”
“That's correct!” Kao Lyn yelled, leaping out of nowhere, “But we filled this one with White BaguBagu! since one alone didn't work in Lacroa, it's painfully obvious you'll need more than one!”
Shute took the dispenser from the GM. “Cool.”
“Chief Haro,” Captain said, “When will the portal be ready?”
“Just as soon as you guys get aboard,” Bell Wood replied.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In the hold, the Zako Soldiers were hard at work, trying to retrieve their weapons from where Zapper Zaku had dumped them.
“Let's just grab what we can, zako,” One Zako said, “We can get the rest later.”
 
Zakozakozako
 
In the bridge, nothing had been changed except for one thing. The row of seats behind Shute and Captain's had been changed from two to three. After the Gundam Force had been seated, Captain contacted Bell Wood.
“We are prepared to depart, Dr. Bell Wood.”
At his console, Bell Wood was already punching in commands.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In the hold, the Zako soldiers had made a discovery.
“Hey, look! It's Lord Destroyer Dom's Gallop!” It took a good five Zakos to lug the weapon storage trailer out. “We can stuff whatever we can't carry in this!”
“Good idea, zako!” another applauded.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Outside, as the DTD swung into action, a large, indescribable swirling yellow/purple vortex crackled into existence.
“There it is!” Shute yelled, “Everybody ready?”
“Yeah!” Zero, Baku', and Rele cheered.
Captain pointed. “Gundamusai, forward!”
On his command, the ship blasted itself towards the vortex.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In the hold, the Zakos became aware of the craft's sudden movement.
“Hey, what's going?” One Zako asked, clutching one of Destroyer's bazookas. “Aah!” He suddenly fell over…
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Outside, the Gundamusai makes contact with the vortex, creating a glorious flash of light.
“Ahh!” Chief Haro cried, his ears flipping up.
In an instant, they were gone.
“That went well,” Bell Wood, leaning back. “Usually something goes wrong.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In the hold, the Zakos could only watch in horror as the bazooka the fallen Zako was carrying went off with a loud `Boom!' The fired shot subsequently became one with the right engine in a less than appropriate manner.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In the bridge, the Gundam got their first look at the new dimension. It may have been expected, but the site of a wrecked city was still a jarring one. Windows were broken, walls had been torn down, the streets were pocketed with craters, petrified people could be seen, and the skies they flew through were a dark grey.
“How awful…” Rele breathed.
Suddenly, the Gundamusai shook.
“What the?!” Bakunetsumaru yelled as he clung to his seat.
“Captain!” RAIMI spoke out, “The right engine has been damaged!”
“What?!” Captain cried.
A screen lit up, showing the hold in chaos. The Zakos were running around frantically, and black smoke could be seen billowing.
“The Zakos!” Zero yelled.
“How did they get there!?” Bakunetsumaru asked.
Before an answer could be thought of, the Gundamusai began to tilt and swerve.
“At this rate the Gundamusai will be unable to maintain its altitude,” RAIMI announced.
“Then land!” Shute yelled, “But not here!”
“Roger,” RAIMI complied.
The Gundamusai began to level out as best it could as it careened closer and closer to the ground. Eventually its flight path took it outside the city, in a field that, though stone at first, began to look less stone grey, though it was obvious the grass was dying. With a crumbling crash, the Gundamusai skidded to halt on the has-been-better landscape.
In the bridge, Princess Rele dispelled the magical bubble she was using to protect herself. “Is everyone all right?” She asked, looking around.
While Captain remained at his seat, the other boys had been clearly thrown around. At the moment, Shute was painfully sandwiched between Zero and Bakunetsumaru.
“Just dandy,” Shute groaned.