SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SHOCK: Continued ❯ I'm Just a Girl...wiht Mana! ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I have no doubt that I don't own the band No Doubt or SD Gundam Force. I do own this idea.
 
%%%%%%
 
A girl with neon purple hair walked onstage. She was wearing a Welcome to the Black Parade uniform, and was wearing steel-toe boots.
 
“Hello, all!” she shouted over the crowd. “Welcome to SHOCK, the concert that will change how you look at your favorite SD Gundam Force characters.”
 
The girl shook her hair back, and continued. “Our performers, nominated by the SD Gunfan branch they are represented by, will entertain you with songs that you'd never expect them to know, let alone sing.”
 
A bouncy techno beat came on over the speakers. The girl shouted, “Our first performer is the Princess of Punk, the one, the only… PRINCESS RELE!”
 
She jumped of the stage as a spotlight came down, illuminating Rele. She still wore her distinctive cinnamon-bun hairstyle, but she had lost the dress and jewels. She was wearing black Converse, ripped blue jeans, black hobo gloves, and a black tee bearing the words “I didn't ask to be princess, but hey, if the crown fits…”
 
Take this pink ribbon off my eyes
I'm exposed
And it's no big surprise
Don't you think I know
Exactly where I stand
This world is forcing me
To hold your hand
 
The lights came on in the background, showing Keiko on drums, and Juli and Sayla on guitar. They were wearing the same thing as Rele, but their t-shirts were blank.

'Cause I'm just a girl, oh little ol' me
Well Don't let me out of your sight
Oh I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don't let me have any rights
Oh
... I've had it up to here!
 
Rele began to dance in a way that would have lost her claim to the throne if she had tried it in Lacroa. It was safe to say she caused several Gundam brains to short-out.

The moment that I step outside
So many reasons
For me to run and hide
I can't do the little things I hold so dear
'Cause it's all those little things
That I fear
 
Sayla and Juli began to play hard, pulling every bit of sound out of their guitars. Keiko began to drum like a pro, putting most male drummers to shame.

'Cause I'm just a girl,
I'd rather not be
'Cause they won't let me drive
Late at night
Oh I'm just a girl,
Guess I'm some kind of freak
'Cause they all sit and stare
With their eyes
Oh I'm just a girl,
Take a good look at me
Just your typical prototype
Oh
... I've had it up to here!
 
Keiko, Juli, and Sayla slowed down, much to the disappointment of the crowd. Rele walked to the edge of the stage. She leaned to within 3 feet of the front row.

Oh, am I making myself clear?
I'm just a girl
I'm just a girl in the world...
That's all that you'll let me be!
 
Juli, Sayla, and Keiko started up again, causing the crowd to go crazy. Rele jerked back to center stage, dancing again.

Oh I'm just a girl, living in captivity
Your rule of thumb
Makes me worry some
Woh I'm just a girl, what's my destiny
?
What I've succumbed to
Is making me numb
 
Nana, Genki, and several Zakos were being crowd-floated at this point in the song.

Oh I'm just a girl, my apologies
What I've become is so burdensome
Oh I'm just a girl, lucky me
Twiddle-dum there's no comparison
 
Sayla, Keiko, and Juli all began singing, adding their voices to the already melodious sound of Rele's voice.

Oh... I've had it up to!
Oh
... I've had it up to!!
Oh,oh oh oh ... I've had it up to here.
 
The lights went down, and the music stopped. As the crowd screamed their approval, the lights came back on and the girls took a bow.
 
%%%%%%
 
Edit: There, I fixed the italics. Does it look better now?
 
Well, what did you think? R&R!
 
P.S. - This is my first attempt at having a character sing. How did I do?