SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Tenmei: Hinomoto Botsu ❯ Chapter 10: Predator of Gundams? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tenmei: Hinomoto Botsu
By: May-VeggieGirl1

Section 1 wrap-up:
With Britainmaru's permission, the Genki Energy Squad is teaming up with the forces of the SDG in Neotopia to relocate Captain, Shute, Zero, and Bakunetsumaru and to investigate upon the Chimi Inshi's involvement. Meanwhile, Daja has merged with Fenn the Feathered Dragon and broke the Universal Seal. What lurks in the shadows now that the seal has been broken? What is Chimimouryu up to? On the that note, where is the Gundam Force at the moment and... is that Moriko tagging along with them?


7/8: edit, now it's legible again. =_=; I may begin typing chapter 13 because the rest of chapter 12 is stuck on my dead laptop. So hope for updates in the future, I'll try my best!
~*~*~*~*
When the light faded, Shute found himself on dry, crumbling dirt, his body sore. He sat up and rubbed his aching back, moaning a little and blinking slowly. It felt like something had slammed him into the dirt and then seeing his slight imprint in the ground, knew he was probably right. No longer were they floating absently in the Minov Sea but flat on their backs in, what looked like, the middle of nowhere. It was flat land all around, not a building or tree or even a shrub in sight for miles until the grey cloudy skies touched the edge of the earth.

"Are you alright, Shute?" He turned to see his friends slowly pull themselves up, also a bit weary from the impact and confusion.

"I'm fine," He insisted but continued to rub his back absently. "Where are we?"

"It doesn't look like Neotopia or Ark... and I know this is not Lacroa," Zero dusted off his cape and took into the air and eyes widened in surprise. "Well if that isn't something!"

"What," Bakunetsumaru asked halfway paying attention while frowning at the dirt that had slipped in his katana sheaths, cleaning it off for now with his fingers.

"This place is touched with magic..." Zero looked at his hands and makes a quick twirl around as a test, stopping on a dime. Captain flipped down his scanner once again to inspect further.

"What does it affect?"

"My magic feels stronger," Zero reasoned, making dozens of roses appear on top of Baku's head with a snap. "Tis more fluid too."

"Don't use my head as a test subject, you bastard," Baku jumped to his feet and swung his swords at Zero wildly with no real intent to hurt the knight. Zero also made no attempt to feel sorry, only flying tauntingly away.

"You're right, the Princess Rose doesn't deserve to be put upon someone so prude." Shute sighed and stood up, watching them bicker with a frown.

"Come on guys, seriously!" A sudden, penetrating yell drew their attention away fast from each other.

"What is going on," Moriko demanded in an uncharacteristically loud voice. The Gundam Force stared at her surprised and quieted. Baku sweatdropped and held his hands up defensively.

"Moriko-san, there's no need to get upset now-"

"So you say," She snapped back with a hiss and Baku recoiled slightly, backing away a step seeing as how his peace talk was obviously not going to work. "The inshi has been attacked, may very well have burned to the ground by now, and I'm lost with strangers in a place that isn't even my country! I don't even know if I can trust you!" Before she could compose herself, Zero wrapped his hands around hers, kneeling on one knee.

"Please accept my deepest apologies, Miss Moriko. We did mean to bring such trouble upon you." She stared at him for a moment, taken back, but her musha temper quickly flared as she yanked her hand away most violently.

"Forgive when there are no steps backward to take?! I do not blame you all for the circumstances, but this will not stand, I assure you!" She glowered at them critically before turning away sharply, crossing her arms and standing off away from them to sulk in peace. Shute watched her with a frown.

"She's right though. How are we here, wherever here is? What's going on? And what do we do?"

"We find Daja and make him explain," Zero growled, holding up a fist. "And get Fenn back!"

"That's a plan," Baku nodded in agreement as Captain shook his head.

"Well that would be reasonable if we had the slightest clue to where Daja is. He may still be in the Minov Sea. My sensors do not detect any living or active organisms for miles." Shute made a pensive face, resting his chin in his hand.

"Maybe Daja did something? Like formed a crack in the Minov Sea, and that light was... a result of it?"

"It would explain the large concentration of energy spread out..." Captain mulled.

"That doesn't... feel right though," Zero complained. Baku shook his head with a shrug.

"Does any of this?"

"No, I mean," He stalled for a moment. "None of this seems to be Daja's style..."

"Maybe that musha gundam he was with is behind this? Or the ninja?"

"They're probably in cahoots, planning this all out for whatever result," Baku growled, reached back and grabbing the hilts of his swords."I don't know," Zero sighed quietly, floating lower. "Which way do we go?"

"All directions seem reasonable," Captain reported and blinked as a sudden grumbling noise came from Shute. He smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head.

"Heheheh... any chance we could pause for a lunch break?"

"You should have eaten when we were back at the base." Baku looked up and kicked his feet innocently as Zero looked at him with sharp eyes.

"Bakunetsumaru was the one who ate those riceballs, Captain." Shute sat down again, rustling through his backpack and pulling out a tiny bundle wrapped in cloth, untying it to reveal three riceballs.

"It's fine, I've got my own!" He munched on one happily and said in between bites, "Besides, I was too excited about the new Gundamusai to eat."

"It's too bad we don't have it here now," Captain said and sat with his friend, figuring they were going to have a long enough journey through this new world that they all might as well rest.




Daja held his breath for a long time as the light faded into darkness, keeping it in until he finally sighed, sensing the seal was completely shattered and the magic had dispersed. Even in his light mana radiance from the feathered dragon, he couldn't see where he was now or what had become of his surroundings. He floated forward with no effort at all, looking around when suddenly a yellow flame lit again and he was overcome with nostalgia as his sharp orange eyes fixed on Hikyuu, standing by the now barely lit pedestal.
"Here again," He murmured and suddenly spotted Raidon across the way, also looking a bit disorganized.

"Mmm," the kunoichi smiled slowly while moving her hands away from the flame. "But now the entire castle and the land are jointed again thanks to you."

"What kingdom is this," Raidon growled while floating over to Daja's side in a moment, inspecting his comrade with his eyes in concern. "What has the seal opened to?"

"Arigatami, hmm."

"Ari...ga... tami?" Daja recited slowly, recognizing it to be Japanese and glancing at Raidon for a potential translation. Raidon seemed just as baffled, but translated anyway.

"Ant Moth Nation... ? I've never heard of a place."

"Of course," Hikyuu chirped with a broad grin. "This place has been sealed and dead for centuries after all." Daja shifted his gaze back to the darkness, searching for Chimi hiding under its cloak.

"Why? What happened to it?" He looked back at Hikyuu, frowning. "What was the purpose of the seal?"

Suddenly Daja and Raidon felt a cold sensation run through their circuits as hissing sounds pierced the echoing darkness. They looked around, bewildered of what direction and what had made the sound until Raidon floated closer, up against Daja's back with breathlessness.

"Something is surrounding us..."

"Chimi," Daja growled in warning but was completely shocked when he looked up at the kunoichi shifting uncomfortably close towards the flame and bowing as a dark, cloaked figure emerged into the radiance of the yellow flame. It was definitely a gundam, he could tell from the sound of the footsteps and the bulk of the body, but everything was obscured and hidden under the black cloak with adorned hood and shadow from the overhang covering almost all of the face except a mouth plate. The eerie slit white pupils stared back at him, glowing. "So you show yourself." Raidon behind him also watched the revealed Chimi from the complete darkness but felt his body go numb at the sight and shook his head, trying to calm himself all the while questioning such reflex.

"As much as Chimi-sama wishes to, hmm," Hikyuu purred and then flinched uneasily as something in the darkness lashed out, only a silver blur as Hikyuu jumped back near to Chimi.

"Answer us, Chimi," Raidon growled while turning back to the hissing figures before him. "What are these things?" Chimi's eyes darted over to the shadows on his right, edging near and Hikyuu blinked with uncertainty, all the while translating his silence.

"They are what brought this empire to its knees along with all who stood against them... They're small, light, fast, invulnerable, and, above all, most dangerous, hmm..." She paused with a frown, staring at him in mystery before turning to Daja and Raidon with sharp red eyes.

"We, as gundams, call them predators."




While Shute enjoyed his lunch, Baku decided to try his luck again and edged over towards Moriko carefully, hoping she had calmed down a bit.
"You're... coming with of course... right?" She glanced at him out of the corner of her eye and sighed, feeling more frustrated than angry.

"I don't have a choice. Then again, you seem to be a magnet for trouble, I may be better off making do on my own." His shoulders sagged in disappointment.

"You don't blame us, and yet you're still angry at us..." Her green eyes stayed fixed to the dangerously grey and cloudy distance, but softened and breathed out wearily.

"Excuse my bitter words then. I am wise to fear, and it's self-destructive ways," Moriko trailed off, pausing for a moment. Baku blinked in confusion and she turned back to him, bowing her head a little. "So I cling to anger, as to not feel afraid. Please, tell me what is going on?"

"Well," Baku admitted. "We honestly don't know. But there's nothing to be afraid or angry about!" He thumped his chest with a closed fist, eyes cheerful. "We'll get you back to Ark!" When her unsure look didn't waver, Baku lowered his arm, voice serious. "I understand how you feel. Maybe not completely, but I do. I had never been out of Ark as well until I was pulled away out of the blue and dropped in a land of humans, where I met these friends! I fretted over getting home everyday- you can ask any of them."

"You obviously returned," She said quietly, seemingly interested in the story.

"Yeah! It took a long time because I accidentally broke the dimensional transport device when I had arrived..." Baku began to sweat, realizing that wasn't very reassuring. "But everything worked out better! So there’s nothing to worry about!"

“I understand," She nodded her head once, friendlier. “Thank you.” Shute observed the two mushas off to the side and hopped to his feet, walking over to them.

“Hey! Moriko!” She looked at him interested and curious, still not used to the fleshy creature. He held out a riceball, sitting in the cloth. “Here! I saved you one, in case you were hungry!”

“No, thank you,” She smiled beneath her mouth place and bowed slightly to him. “I-“
Suddenly, there was a rumbling from the earth and she paused, everyone looking around in confusion. Gradually, the entire land began to move under until it was shaking quite violently. Zero watched baffled from the air as his friends were shook off of their feet, grappling for balance.

“Wh-Wh-What’s going on,” Shute cried, digging his fingers into the dirt to no avail.

“An earthquake,” Captain reasoned and turned on his jets, flying upward and scooping Shute up along the way. He sighed in relief.

“Thanks.” But Captain wasn’t listening, his focus solely off into the distance where his scanners were working furiously. He flinched and cut backward through the air.

“Move,” He shouted as a great bolt of energy surged through the ground, flashing by them and moving off just as quick as it came. The earthquake slowed and stopped as Captain hovered, trying to make heads or tails of the electrical burst.

“Are you two alright,” Zero floated over and helped Moriko to her feet, Baku swaying with spinning eyes. She clung to him tightly while trembling, and Zero looked down in concern. “Miss Moriko?”

“I’m- just,” She said with a sharp gasp of breath. “Startled...” Baku shook his head, blinking slowly.

“What the heck was that?”

“An earthquake and an electricity surge...” Captain landed back on the ground, Shute stepping down timidly. “I couldn’t draw any information, it happened too quickly. You two are fine? The surge wasn’t strong from what I could tell.” Baku nodded but paused, thinking about it. His feet did feel a little cold and tingly from the electricity but he shrugged it off absently, kicking them.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He glanced at Moriko still attached to Zero with a frown. “Moriko-san?” Shuttering, she breathed in and stepped away, bowing her head in apology to Zero.

“I am fine.”

“Daja probably has something to do with this,” Zero announced, looking off . Moriko walked a pace away, looking up at the sky, and then walked back to them nervously. Baku watched her movements with concern.

“Are you sure you’re alright?”

“No-I mean, yes, I’m fine. I just... feel skittish.” She rang her hands out, keeping her eyes away.

“Whether it was Daja or not,” Captain looked at Shute. “Something had caused that electricity in the ground, whether by a being or by a generator malfunction of some kind.”

“And a generator would mean a civilization,” The boy chirped happily.

“You don’t need to be afraid,” Baku tried to remind happily but she wouldn’t look at him.

“Right,” She muttered coldly, unbelieving of her own words.

“Come on guys!” Shute waved to them, noticing Baku and Moriko weren’t following behind. She bowed her head solemnly and followed, Baku watching her concerned.

"That didn't sound believable."




"Wow," Shute sighed, pucking his lips together and looking up at the still-cloudy sky. The sun couldn't be seen, but he certainly could feel the hot rays on him while gazing up. "How long does this flatland go on for?"

"As far as I can see, Shute," Zero called back, flying yards above them to survey further ahead. Still, there was nothing but earthy open space.

"Uh, thanks," He swung his head forward, hanging it there for a moment. Moriko blinked, most intrigued with the human child.

"Everything is... okay, though?" He looked up suddenly with a grin.

"Yeah! This flatland can't go on forever! We'll find whatever made that energy!" She drew back and looked aside, shifting uncomfortably. Beneath the earth near them, there was a quiet crunching as the dirt was pushed aside, a red glowing mono eye watching them hidden. Moriko didn't notice, twiddling her fingers.

"Um, but... I don't think we should go to this... energy source"

"But why?" Baku watched intrigued but paused, suddenly feeling wary. He glanced at the ground, appearing normal and unchanged, and shrugged the feeling off.

"Well, whatever made that energy may not be friendly..." She looked back up at Shute and tried to smile. "We're safe here though, right? Maybe we could not go towards it...?" All of a sudden, the earth ripped open and burst forth a shiny, silver object projecting at them. The two gasped and turned at the hissing object as Baku intercepted, stepping in between and batting it down with his katana. It fell back and bounced on the ground, skidding back upright and hunching over, still hissing.
"D-Don't attack us, please," Moriko whimpered and stepped back shakily, hiding behind Shute. He kept fixed on it as the sleek creature made snake-like movements, shuffling in a circle around them with it's single foot-like part."What is that thing?" He gasped as it feinted a lunge, successfully forcing Baku to flinch in defense prematurely. Captain put himself beside them, scanning.

"That eye... It seems to be one of the Dark Axis' creations," His eyes hardened, connecting his two saber pieces on his back into his V-Rod and twirling it into a defensive position. "Surrender or we will be forced to retaliate!" It hissed and leapt in attack again, deflecting off of Baku's blade and twirling it's small body in the air to land easily. The robot creature used it's landing to propel itself again at them but lower, towards Baku's feet. He swiped down at it, slashing at the dirt and forcing it back.

"If it's a fight they want, then it's a fight they're gonna get!"

"There are more," Captain shouted and Shute turned back to see Captain spinning his rod in a circle three times, swatting away two more of the identical creatures and then thrusting it as a sword, making a direct hit on the third. It landed back with the other two, recovering quickly as if the attack were nothing.

"Where are they coming from?" Shute's head whirled around as he noticed now there were ten, and more! "The ground?"

"Look out," Zero swooped in above them, the light mana ring appearing against the clouded sky and his hand reached up. "I-field!" The blue energy appeared around the team, encompassing them in the defensive bubble as the Dark Axis creatures lunged again, only tangling with the shield and falling back, hissing all the more. Baku raised his swords, glaring at them."They're taking our attacks as if we're hitting them with leeks!"

"Well, we'll have to better them with other tactics," Zero nodded, catching his shield that dropped down and drawing his sword. Moriko looked around this way and that, terrified in the middle of the Gundam Force, and shrieked as she saw two sharp, silver teeth dig up beneath their feet. Shute gasped and did the first thing that came to mind- gave them a good kick."Get away!" Surprisingly, the robot did get thrown aside from the assault, skidding back past Captain's feet.

"They're digging up from under the shield," Captain hollered at Zero, hitting the one kicked with the end of his V-Rod.

"But I can't make my shield go through the earth," Zero growled in frustration.

"It was better when they were attacking us in the open- where we could see them," Baku retorted as another began to dig its way up, jumping at Zero's backside. He saw it out of the corner of his eye though and hit it back against the edge of the shield.

"Bakunetsumaru, Zero, Shute! We have to try the triple attack!" The three others nodded at Captain's proposal and Zero dropped the I-field, the several other creatures waiting outside or in the process of digging under looked up and hissed. Baku waited for a moment as four leapt at his side."Uraaahh," he cried and attacked, slashing them back with a tremendous blow, both swords glowing red and dust flying up. More snuck around and lunged, Zero drawing his blade to the side and slashing across with a cry."Lacroan Crescent!" The blue slice of energy slipped through two more like hot butter, knocking them back with the others, and turned sharply midair, slicing three more back with them. Captain's head mounted beam fire kept three back from edging forward and he stabbed his V-Rod into the earth, using it to roundhouse kick two more attacking. The fourteen Dark Axis creations landed back with each other and Shute blinked as some of them hissed at each other, in combat themselves while strangely enough others seemed to get along.

"Now's our chance! Come on, let's show the Dark Axis that their terror is over!" Zero and Baku came up next to Captain's side, as he nodded and felt his chest glow, the overtaking heat of the soul drive lighting his eyes ablaze. Baku twirled his swords through the air, focusing his energies and formed two circles. Zero raised his sword up above to the Mana ring as the blue mana essence all around gathered into it and began to glow, Zero's own sword emitting brilliant yellow light.

"Tenkyoken," Baku cried, snapping his eyes open and jumping forward, slashing his swords across to make a flaming x. Zero pointed his sword downward and the spell of princess rose petals rushed forward with a great wind, mixing with Baku's flame.

"Super Magical Violet Tornado!" Moriko watched in awe before glancing back at Shute, startled as he punched into the air with a shout.

"Yeah!" Captain drew back his radiating fist, spinning the wrist around and around while keeping just behind the blunt of the brutal attack rushing forward.

"Captain punch," He called out and punched, sending out a massive blast of yellow energy that followed through with the flame x and searing rose petals directly at the creatures. Two looked up in time and managed to dodge away but the remaining twelve became caught in the triple attack, hissing and screeching against the power of it. The two that dodged snuck in stealth as the attack exploded in fury upon the creatures, billowing grainy, black smoke from the ground.

"Alright," Shute clenched his fists and grinned. "That showed--ahhh!" He gasped and hopped back on one foot, falling into Moriko as one had moved behind the Gundam Force and snapped at Shute's foot. Captain, Baku, and Zero turned back quickly in alarm of the cry, Shute wincing as it neared closer.

"Shute," Captain called out as the smoke from the explosion obscured his sight of his team and made a motion to turn but stopped suddenly, recoiling slightly. He turned his head to stare at the other creature that had dodged their attack, now firmly latched onto his body between his head and his right shoulder. Thinking fast, he moved to tear it off but was too late; Its red eye glowed angrily as the two, tiny teeth pierced in him transformed in an instant into a single, four-inch-long curved blade that dug inside the Gundam's torso. Captain gasped and cried out in pain at the stab-like wound, struggling to remove the Dark Axis robot's hook inside him.

Shute felt his stomach clench as he heard the pained cry, turning to stare back into the smoke as Baku dealt with keeping the one creature away. "Captain!" Zero flying overhead looked down at the smoke, still hiding his comrade and drew his sword into the air again, mana gathering around it as the pulsed air gave a blue essence.

"Super Magical Violet Tornado," He called again but pointed his sword down into the ground, forcing his attack to rebounding wind enough to only blow the smoke away. Captain managed to pry the firmly fastened creature off of himself, much too slowly as the blade tried to cut even more agonizingly, and threw it aside, clutching the wound as mecha oily blood gushed freely through his fingers. Zero flew to his side immediately. "Are you okay?"

"Operating as...78.0%," He reported and practiced clutching his right hand, realizing it had also cut into one of the channels as his thumb was immobile. "I'll be fine." Shute watched in worry then gasped as he saw what the triple force attack had left behind. Twelve of the creatures, now sitting half buried in a small crevice, shook their heads and looked back up, ready for another strike and fresh as daisies. The boy's throat knotted and unwound just in time for ten of the creatures to lunge into the air behind them.

"CAPTAIN," He shouted and reached back, grabbing his Shute Bond device off of his backpack. Zero and Captain looked with a flinch and stepped backwards, Zero holding up his shield with the mana ring. Most of the creatures reflected off of it but two trailed behind, clambering up clumsily on it's fellow robots and leaping over the top of it down upon them. Shute fired frantically, two globs of green goo flying out and hitting them, surprisingly, dead-on. The two fell back over the edge of the shield, landing on the ground ungracefully- the more they struggled against the paste, the further glued they became. Captain watched in interest and turned back to Shute.

"Shute! That's it!" Shute blinked in confusion as he hopped to the side from Baku pursuing the one that continued narrowly dodging the force of his attacks.

"What?"

"The Shute Bond! We'll hold them off, you have to stop them with the paste!" The boy smiled in realization and nodded, clutching his weapon firmly.

"Gotcha!" Captain and Zero hurried back to regroup as the ten that had hit the mana shield followed hot on their tail. Baku cut in between them, slashing his one sword and then the next in another quickly performed Tenkyoken, forcing the creatures back in a blaze of fire. Zero picked up Shute and lifted him into the air as Shute aimed carefully, firing the Shute Bond and gluing down four more that were too delayed from Baku's attack to jump aside. Moriko hurried up next to Captain, eyes lowered in sorrow.

"Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine- please stay back, it is not safe," He gently moved her aside while grabbing the V-Rod from the ground with his still-good left hand, swinging it successfully but with not as much ease. He smacked back two more as Baku handled the two that lunged from the side at Moriko.

"There Shute," Zero pointed down at one that was creeping up behind the three gundams as any poacher would. Shute nodded and fired, gluing that one down and then hitting the four knocked back by Captain and Baku. The three remaining free from the sticky mess huddled close together, wise to the situation and moving slowly and calculating back away from Baku and Captain. Baku scoffed, gripping his swords tighter.

"Convenient time to flee, cowards? You're not getting away now!"

"I don't think they're retreating," Captain said with a frown and braced his defensive position as two of the creatures seemed to lay on top of each other, locking into place with one of the set of teeth laying propped and resting on the ground at an angle. The last one mounted as Shute aimed his bond and fired, the two creatures laid on top of each other literally snapped forward and launched the single one up high into the air, straight for Shute and Zero! The glue landed on the two catapult creatures as Shute looked up in shock at the one coming down fast from overhead. He yelped and fired rapidly, missing as it twirled freely through the rushing wind and drew it's fangs back only to have Zero pull Shute off to the side with one arm and slash the creature with an up-close Lacroan Crescent.

"It's over," He yelled as it took the devastating hit, falling from the air and onto the ground, left no time to recover as Shute sealed the deal with more bond. Zero floated back to the ground, Baku sighing and sheathing his katana before Captain snapped at him.

"We can't relax yet!" Baku and Moriko jumped stiffly and stood there looking around wary.

"But they're gone..." Captain let out a deep breath and cupped his right hand, the best he could with an immobilized thumb, over his wound.

"They came out of nowhere last time. We have to move out of this area quickly before more smell or detect this last battle and decide to drop by too."

"But, you're hurt," Moriko murmured and stepped forward. "We should get you-"

"We can't," He shook his head as Shute touched down to the ground next to him, also looking Captain over critically in concern. "And not now especially." Moriko sighed and looked away at the Dark Axis robots paralyzed in the goop, still not have given up and struggling futilely against the bond.

"If... we must...

"~*~*~*~*
Sorry the update was so late. =_= At least this chapter is done. Whee~