SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ The Golden Knight ❯ Shute's Sorrow ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 7 - Shute's Sorrow
 
It had been three days since the Knight had passed on, leaving the world of the living behind her, along with her son. It had only been no more then a minute that Shute had found his mother and it was only a split second and she was gone. Rosalyn…that was her name. She was so brave and risked her life, though she didn't know what she was protecting. She had died because of him, and he knew it. The others may have told him that it wasn't his fault, but if it wasn't for him getting into trouble, she wouldn't have had to come and save him.
 
Shute was no longer the cheery, full of spirit person he once was. The only pieces of his past were the manacle of the Golden Knight, the sword and the information that his Mother gave him before she died. He had a planet to save, a Father to free and then to rule an entire race of people he didn't know. He wished his true Mother was still with him, she could tell him what he had to do, how he would do it, but she wasn't there and he didn't even know how to get to the planet he had to save. He had been thinking of ways to get there for those three days, not bothering to eat or sleep or even acknowledge his friends who were deeply concerned for him.
 
Since the Dark Axis trio was destroyed, there weren't any attacks that had taken place. When Shute wasn't trying to focus on how to get to Armonia, he was training in his armour trying to become as good as his mother once was. Captain and the others didn't know what to do, Shute seldom spoke; it was like he was off in another world. Mark and Keiko were worried too, they had noticed the changes in their son and they knew something had seriously happened to the young boy. Keiko tried getting information from the Gundam's, but they refused to talk about it and they said that Shute would tell them when he felt it was the right time.
 
Mark decided that enough was enough; it was time to get Shute to talk to him. He was not only worried as Chief Haro; he was worried as Shute's father as well. Well, he may not have been his real father, but Shute was his adoptive son and he had raised Shute. Mark walked into Shute's shed and saw that Shute was still working hard on finding a way to Armonia. Mark put his hand on Shute's shoulder and asked, “Hey buddy, is something bothering you?”
 
Shute shook his head not looking at Mark, “No Mark, nothing is bothering me. I'm just trying to think about some factors is all.”
 
Now this was a first, Shute never called Mark by his name, it had always been Dad. Shute had his reasons, for one, Mark wasn't even his real father and his true Father was off somewhere and it was his job to find him. Shute figured that since he was going to be leaving soon, that he should tell his parents that he knew all along that he was adopted. Mark asked again, “Shute, are you sure something isn't bothering you? You always called me `Dad', what is with the change?”
 
Shute stopped writing and turned to face Mark, “Listen Mark, don't take it the wrong way, but you're not my real Father. I've known for years that I'm not your son, and I found my real Mother 3 days ago and I lost her 3 days ago as well.”
 
Mark gave Shute a sympathetic look. He knew that this day was going to come sooner or later, he just didn't think that Shute knew for so long. “I'm sorry Buddy, there were many times Keiko and I tried to tell you, but we couldn't. We were afraid that if you knew, you would hate us for keeping this a secret.”
 
Shute nodded, “I don't hate you for keeping it a secret. You didn't know where I came from and you'd know that I would ask questions and you wouldn't have the answers. I probably would have been mad if you had told earlier, but I'm older now and I understand why you kept it this long. I'm trying to find a way that I can find my true Father and save him and everyone else.”
 
Shute went into full detail on what he had learned from the Knight, his Mother. Mark couldn't believe most of it, but it was starting to make sense to him. Shute even mentioned that his real Mother was gone because of the Dark Axis and that it was her that gave him the manacle and sword. Mark was taken aback because of it, “I'm so sorry Buddy. But, remember that even though we are not technically related, you still have a family here in Neotopia. If things take a turn for the worst in Armonia, you can always come back here, Keiko and I will miss you a lot. We will always be your family even though you are not our real son, know that we love you and we'll always be here for you when you need us.”
 
Shute smiled and nodded, it had been three days since he did that. He then remembered something from when he first met his Mother…that gem. He put his hand into his pocket and pulled out the gem. He remembered that the Knight had said with the gem and her sword that they were able to pass through dimensions. That was it! Shute shot up from his seat and exclaimed, “Thank you Mark! You just helped me figure out how to get to Armonia!”
 
Shute hugged Mark and then ran out to see his friends with his cheery spirit back to where it was before. Shute ran over to Captain and the others smiling like he had before, once he stopped in front of them he said, “I'm sorry that I've been distant lately, it was just had to take that my Mother was gone, but I realize that my Father is still out there and, I don't think that my Mother is truly gone at all.”
 
The Gundam's looked at Shute confused and Baku spoke for all of them, “Shute, I don't understand. We saw her disappear right before our eyes, how could she be alive?”
 
“Well, I'm not sure, but I have this feeling that she really isn't gone. I don't know how to explain it, but maybe that Armonians can't really die, if she was really dead, her body wouldn't have disappeared like that. She could be back on Armonia, and we'll go find her there! I found a way to get there!” exclaimed Shute, who hadn't felt this happy in a long time.
Zero put on a happy expression as well, “Well, I say we go save your home Prince Yasuo.”
 
Shute sweat dropped, “Come on Zero, call me Shute. I know Prince Yasuo is who I am, but I prefer Shute when I'm here.”
 
Captain stepped up, “So, what procedure is needed to make this transaction?”
 
“Well, I remember how my Mom got me to the Dark Axis dimension with her sword and a gem she gave me. It could get us there in no time!” Shute said as he held up his sword in its sheath.
 
“Shute,” came a female voice, which turned out to be Keiko.
 
Shute turned around and saw the person who took care of him ever since he was separated from his birth parents. She smiled, “Shute, I know you'll be leaving soon, but I think there might be something that could help you find your way home.”
 
Keiko then held up the Golden box that the Knight had before. After finding her and taking her to the Emergency Room, she found it among some rubble that was the Knight's ship. Shute looked entranced by the box, “What is it?”
 
“A box that the Knight had with her when I first saw her. There was also some scrap metal laying around the area, I believe that it may have been a ship that the Knight used to get here,” Keiko said handing the box to Shute.
 
As soon as Shute touched the box, he saw a flash inside of his mind; a vision. He saw two Golden Knights, one was he and the other, was his Mother! She was alive and was probably still on Armonia. They were in battle, but suddenly the battle stopped leaving only his Mother standing in darkness. She looked at him and spoke, “Yasuo, great danger approaches you on your return. Tread with caution my son, you may have defeated three foes, but more await you on your return. My ship may be damaged, but can be repaired by the gem, it will take you three days to make it to Armonia. Don't waste those days, use them and train as hard as you can. You have the power to save us all Yasuo. Save your Father and me as well.”
 
“What happened to you, Mom? Where are you?” asked Shute who was also speaking out loud that the others were hearing him as well.
 
“I am in Armonia, but I am frozen in stone, Yasuo. The box you hold now is what protected me from becoming stone, without it, I'm lost like the rest of our home. You are the light of Hope that once shone brightly throughout our kingdom, bring back the Goddess Toki. Restore us Yasuo. You have my blessing, guide your friends here safely, my soul shall protect you, my Son,” Rosalyn's voice faded as Shute came back to find Captain looking into what was Shute's entranced eyes.
 
“Shute, are you alright? You were mumbling,” Captain said very evident that he was worried in his tone of voice.
 
“Oh, sorry Captain, but now I know for sure that my Mother is alive! She's back on Armonia and she told me that the old ship of hers will repair itself with the gem she gave me,” Shute said taking the gem from his pocket.
 
“Shute, do you know if your Mother is alright?” asked Baku as he watched Shute's face falter downward.
 
“Yes, I know. She's been turned to stone like the rest of the planet,” Shute said in a whisper, but it was loud enough for the Gundam's to hear.
 
Zero was deeply saddened by it, “I am sorry Shute. We will make good haste to get to your home world and quickly make rid of those fiendish Dark Axis foes.” (FYI I've been watching Shakespeare for 2 years so I know how to make Zero sound...he he)
 
“Thanks Zero, now let's go find that ship!” Shute whooped as the others gave a cheer when they marched off after the ship.
 
***************************************************************** ******
Sorry to end it like this, but I am evil and must continue my evil duties. On a further note, I KICKED THE STOMACH VIRUS BUTT!!! HAHA! And yes, the Redneck is back in action. Review people!
 
Ja ne.
 
Shiva ^_^