SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ The Golden Knight ❯ A Father's Wisdom ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 13 - A Father's Wisdom
 
While the Gundam Force was recovering from Rosalyn and her Chukkara, Yataro and Shute were taking a walk around the kingdom. Shute was taking in the surroundings of his home world before he and his friends took off for Neotopia. Yataro looked to his Son, who was still in his armor and asked, “Son, do you know how to return to your original form?”
 
Shute blushed and shook his head, “No, I've been training in my armor and my friends don't know anything about Armonian things.”
 
“I understand. Even though we are close to the dimension where Ark is located, I am not surprised that even your little samurai friend does not know about our ways. Not many do, if you want, I could teach you the ways of an Armonian,” Yataro suggested to his son.
 
Shute looked at his Father, who he noticed had a lot of resemblance to. He began to wonder if he was going to grow up to look like him, “I would like that Father, but wouldn't Mom be better suited for teaching me about a Golden Knight's abilities?”
 
Yataro crossed his arms, “You think that I am not as knowledgeable as your mother? My Son, I know everything and anything about Armonia, even a Golden Knight's abilities. Rosalyn may be able to show you by example, but I could probably explain it better. I am willing to bet you know nothing about the three Armonian Jewels, am I correct?”
 
Shute nodded, “Can you tell me what they are? Are they powerful?”
 
“About as powerful as the person who holds them. Use one, you can do many things, use them all at once, anything is possible. I have only seen the Jewels used like that once, but that was before you were born. The three Jewels represent all that is Armonia. The first one, looks like what you would call a ruby, symbolizes the honorable blood shed by our ancestors, it is known that this Jewel can allow a person to see into someone's past,” Yataro explained to his Son who was attentively listening.
 
“How can seeing into someone's past aid in a battle?”
 
Yataro looked up at the sky as if deep in thought, “It has more to do with helping people than it is for harming your enemies. In battle, it can help you pinpoint weaknesses, but it can also help you avoid a fight as well by finding the source of why a person is unhappy or are the way they are.”
 
Shute looked at him, “Have you ever used it before?”
 
Yataro shook his head, “More like it was used on me. It was how Rosalyn and I really got to know one another. She told me that if I really trusted her, that I would let her use the Jewel on me for her to see my past.”
 
“Did she show you hers?” Shute asked.
 
“She told me that even if I used the Jewel on her that it would turn up the same, her past is her present and future. She has been fighting the Dark Axis ever since she was born. She never learned to walk, she ran, never talked, but yelled. Your mother is really something special, but all she remembers of her past is fighting that Dark Axis. Like you, she never knew her family.”
 
Shute looked down and went into thought, so that was the reason why Rosalyn wanted him to go back to Neotopia. Sure he never knew his real parents, but he did have a family that loved him and she wasn't going to split that up. Like the expression Home is where the Heart is, was exactly the way it was with Shute.
 
Yataro decided to continue with his lesson on the Jewels, “Now for the second Jewel, you would call it a diamond, it represents purity of our people and it has the ability to heal a great many a people, no matter the illness or injury.”
 
“Why didn't you use it when your people were being turned to stone?” Shute asked wondering since if a Jewel like that existed then why wasn't it used.
 
“Like I said, it represents the purity of our people. The Dark Dimension has had influence on my people for quite a time so the Jewel was weakened and when it was weak enough, they sprung their attack. People we thought were allies turned out to be nothing more than future Zakos. Not many pure people were left so the Jewel was considered useless,” Yataro was saddened at the reminder of how his trust in his former friends was shattered in moments because of that damned Dark Dimension.
 
“Oh…What about the final Jewel?” Shute wanted to change the subject fast because he didn't have to know his Father well to know that he was upset about what had happened in the past.
 
Yataro snapped back to his Son and continued, “The final Jewel, what you would call a Sapphire…”
 
Shute's eyes got wide as he dug into one of the pockets he had on his armor and pulled out the Sapphire Jewel he got from his Mother when they first met face to face, or helmet to face as it seemed.
 
Yataro looked at what his Son was doing then his own eyes widened at what he saw, “Yas- I mean Shute, where did you get that Jewel?”
 
“Mom gave it to me when we first met. She gave it to me so we could travel to the Dark Axis' Dimension so I could save my friends,” Shute explained as his Father took hold of his wrist and examined the Jewel more carefully.
 
Yataro nodded to himself, “Well I'll be damned. Well, I might as well tell you it's meaning and what it really does. It represents the preciousness of life that we all share and the power it holds is that it will allow you to share someone's energy. Your Mother shared her power with you so her sword could take you and her to the Dark Dimension safely. And those are the three Jewels of Armonia, Honor, Purity and Life is what our people live by.”
 
“What will happen when all the Jewels are together?” Shute asked
 
“That I want you to figure out on your own. As for this,” Yataro took the Jewel and crushed it in his hands and Shute looked shocked, “This Jewel has lost its power, no more useful than dust now. Shute, you have to find your Three Jewels, and just so you know, they are not as far as you believe.”
 
As Lord Yataro walked away he said, “I'll see you on the ship, then once we take off your mother and I will start training you and your friends.”
 
Shute nodded as he watched his Father walk away and then he was left to think. Find his own three Jewels? Honor…Purity…Life…
 
Could it be that…
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
^_^ I LOVE being Evil! I know I'm leaving you hanging, but I'll have to let you figure it out for yourself while you wait for my next update. If you do get it…-_- then my purpose as a suspense writer is a lost cause.
 
Ja ne
 
Shiva ^_^