SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ The Trouble with Tribble ❯ The SDG is Gone ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Trouble with Tribble
By: May-VeggieGirl1

Please don't kill me. ._.; Yes, I'm referencing a ton of real, and sci-fi, events to form this really weird fic, but just... deal with it.

(About Nemo: I'm such a cheapskate, I was looking around on GundamOfficial.com and found MSA-003 Nemo under Universal Century's Z Gundam and knew I was gonna have a nice laugh with using him. :] )
~*~*~*~*~*

It was a beautiful morning in Neotopia. The sky was clear, the birds singing a song of spring, the flowers were blooming as bees flitted through the air in quick darts. Mark, also known more widely as Chief Haro, was humming a beat in his head, looking out the crystalline windows to the patio in the backyard.

It was still beautiful, but suddenly a flash overcame everything, so powerful and altering the next thing he knew he was flat on his back in a lush, unkept medow, heart racing and body trembling. Shakily he sat up and looked around in complete bewilderment, the tune buzzing in the back of his head as he tried to gather his bearings again.

"Wh-Wha..." He felt a wave of relief when, not too far from him, sat his dear wife, her blue hair swaying in the breeze and looking disoriented herself. But his joy was quickly replaced with more confusion as he stared hard at her. Keiko's hair was cut short to shoulder length and she was wearing a little too revealing tank top and mini skirt. She stood up, seeing him and overwhelmed with relief as well, running over to him in her flip-flop sandals. Limber, Mark stood up as she embraced him tightly, shivering as well. She was a little shorter than before too...

Before he could react any further, as on instinct, his head shot up to the sky looking for a hand-shaped cloud, his symbol of peace, and clung to her tightly as dread overcame.

"Where's the SDG Base?!"



Panic was in the streets. Cars were abandoned, schools devoid of life, people running in and out of buildings crying "Tommy! Oh where's my little Tommy!". Other screams were heard, mingling into other voice of different anxieties. "Dad! Oh my Lord, you're alive! It's a miracle!" "Someone, help me! These children are in the streets! Where is your mother little one? Someone get help!" "Mayor Gathermoon!" "Mayor Gathermoon!"
Amist all the shrieks, a small, red figure timidly walked out into the open, his brunette eyes wide with a mixture of emotion, and not a thing to do but stand there and watch. He watched people cry and hug each other in the streets, others yelling with red hot faces into phones. Neotopia had become a pot of boiling water, spewing over and he stepped back again, frightened in his confusion.
Suddenly, a sleek black and silver motorcycle zigged and zagged through all the obstacles, a silver glass plate covering over the front. It revved louder as it grew near and the little red gundam got the nervous feeling it had something to do with him as it hit a curb and took off into the air over another parked car, landing perfectly to a screeching halt next to him. A belted boot with a two inch heel clanked against the ground as the figure stood over him, looking down with familiar grey eyes.

"Get in."



Mark knew there was only one explaination for everything. It was perfectly clear to him once he had realized that meadow he found himself in was actually the grounds Keiko and he had decided to build their love nest on. It was where he had found the abandoned Haro hat all those years ago.
And found it exactly the same spot again, today.

The bees were still buzzing, but he tromped forward in a all-too serious manner for the man or, considering the awful case of puberty he was currently trapped under, teenager, the dirtied Haro hat tucked under one arm. Keiko held onto the other tightly as they eventually entered the city without a word between them. They walked a good way through the city, glancing at the chaos going down and only keeping the distance between each other closer. Finally, they arrived in the center of Peace Park, living up to its name as no one was currently there to panic in the park. Mark looked around cautiously, placing the helmet over his head as it giggled a little, still a bit unadjusted and loose.

"Mark," She said in a warning voice but paused as something caught her eye from around some trees. The figure hiding and watching them quickly ducked behind the bark again as she frowned, slowly moving over to it. Mark, now Haro, grabbed her hand with a nervous, and cracking, voice.

"Don't wander away from me until we're completely sure of what is going on." She nodded in understanding and both slowly moved besides the tree, peering around at the little blue figure cuddling in the shadow behind it. Teal blue eyes trailed down to the ground with embarassment, unsure how else to feel as Keiko covered her mouth with her pink-trimmed nails.

"You're-!"

"Chief Haro!" He looked sharply over his shoulder at the sudden convoy. A single brigad of typical security GMs, one green one with armor similar to Captain in the middle, stood alert in a line behind Kao Lyn, looking as goofy and he ever has, with his GM ball beside him. On his right, if he would stop bouncing around, was a black woman with cornrow hair, holding onto a small child. Haro turned back to the blue figure, still looking down ashamed, and said in a strong voice without the helmet's yellow lights coming on at all.

"Come on. We're really going to need you on this." The small blue gundam looked up timidly before nodding once. Without another word, the three stepped out of the shadows of the tree as a roaring engine came up from the distance. The motorcycle from behind pulled upward, flying over the group of GMs and tearing up grass as it skid to a halt just before the three. The heel came down again and the black helmet with silver flames came off, lavender hair flicking out and shimmering with sweat under the sunlight.

"Chief Haro, reporting for duty, sir!" Julie's grey eyes stared at him hard as her gloved hand went up into a natural salute. The larger, gundam-sized GM in the middle lowered his head with a growl, muttering to his cadets in line.

"Make me green with envy, why duncha?"


It was a beautiful morning in Neotopia, and all heck had broke loose.



The first question to arise was probably the most reasonable.
"What," Haro pointed with scarred hands, permanent indents from playing the guitar. "Is on your back?" Julie looked down at the two, white hands wrapped around her torso in a cling for dear life. She sweatdropped and looked over her shoulder.

"You can let go now." The little body trembled.

"B-B-But th-that was scarrrryyyy," The voice whined and sobbed, only tightening his grip on her leather zip-up suit. The small blue figure beside Keiko blinked as something click in his head.

"Bakunetsumaru?" The figure wearing a red helmet with flames coming off the sides of his head notably paused from his sobbing to peer around her arms at the blue figure. After a long pause, he pointed and laughed.

"Hahahaha, shortcake!" A rather large vein protruded from Zero's white and blue helmet as he gritted his white teeth.

"Look at a mirror, stupid!" Before Baku could react, or stop laughing for that matter, he was rudely ripped away with a grey and green hand. He dangled in the air, blinking and looking up at the large GM who had snatched him up.

"Hey..."

"This ain't no time for lollygaggin, ya' hear?!" The GM hollared back with a loud, rough voice and tossed Baku into the grass next to Zero. Baku quickly pulled himself up and exchanged a glance with Zero.

"Who are..."

"We'll get to that in due time." Chief Haro cut him off as Kao Lyn sliced his arms through the air.

"Hoo-hoo! Time indeed!"

"Yes. I have noticed as well." He dug his hand into his blue jeans pocket, pulling out a pair of keys and wallet, opening it to his driver's license. "This seems to be a 'visit to the past' if you will."

"Huh," Baku blinked looking up.

"What do you mean," Zero frowned. "Isn't time travel impossible?"

"As far as we know," Kao Lyn confirmed, doing a backflip into pose. "You see, there has been a lot of research and theories on time-travel, and we seem to know three factors that could, hypothecially, create this simulation but we have none of the three factors at our disposal, hoowaaahhh!"

"Which are," Keiko asked slowly.

"Travelling faster than the speed of light," Kao Lyn punched through the air. "Using cosmic strings and blackholes, and, finally, the use of wormholes and the Alcubierre warp drive!" The ball raise it's claws, mimicking Kao Lyn's movements.

"But as Doctor Kao Lyn has explained, we have never had any of these factors at our disposal, ever. Despite that, we had already run test simulations about the structure of time travel, were it possible."

"Uhhhh," Baku's eyes spun around. "What?"

"Just let them talk," Zero sweatdropped.

"The ruling of time travel," The ball continued. "Has been narrowed down to three equally paradoxing 'types'. Type 1 time fabric is consistant and can never be changed. This Type would now be considered false because we are all here, in fact, and retain our memories and knowledge of the future. But it also suggests that any alteration does not alter the previously existing spacetime but creates another spacetime. If this type were true, we could never completely return to our present time." Everyone face faulted.

"What about the other two?"

"Type 2 time travel ruling says that timespace is flexible and is subject to change."

"Which fixes everything?"

"No. In this type, small changes to past affect immediate future and large changes affect the entire future. It suggests that time often changes naturally and that all changes to the past immediately reflect the memories and collective consciousness of the future. It means no observer could ever observe the past changing because the change would become the norm at the same moment. Therefore, if Type 2 time travel ruling were true in this scenario, we would not realize that this is an anomoly at all."

"And... Type 3?" Mark frowned under the mask.

"The timeline is consistent but only insofar as its consistency can be verified. It also implies that none of us could ever return to the present timeline to observe the change and that we could not with an occurance that would affect the present. Which is to be thought false because we already have done so." A breeze sweapt through the park as a moment of silence passed between everyone.

"So," Haro drawled. "What does it all mean in the end?" The ball and Kao Lyn exchanged looks and punched into the air at the same time in a very dramatic manner.

"I guess that means we have no clue about time travel," they chimed at the same time as everyone fell over, the GMs going down in a domino-fashion.

"Oh that's lovely," Zero muttered, spitting out grass.

"What we have concluded though is that we have managed to travel back in time to aproximately 15.056 years without any intention to, waaah!"

"What are the odds that those factors that could have happened without us even noticing?"

"Less than .00768%," The ball reported to Haro. "But the odds of this exact scenario happening is less than .000000002%."

"So, we can't rely on technology to something," Baku asked tilting his head and Kao Lyn gave a funny shrug in his giant yellow coat.

"Nothing we currently have- or currently had in our present time." The black women beside him shifted rolling her eyes.

"Oh dat's just typical." Keiko's eyes wandered to the sleeping baby in her arms and then back to her dark eyes.

"Who are-?" The women held up the child for her to get a better look.

"Say 'ello ya'all t' Bellium Wood."

"Bell Wood's a baby," Baku cried out in shock.

"Hey," Haro murmured, finally tucking away his wallet. "I'm a senior in high school. Right now, we need to focus on making a plan."

"Before we get to planning," Zero folded his arms. "Don't you think we should get Shute and Captain?" Keiko and Haro looked down. Everyone else averted their gaze as Zero grew impatient. "Well?"

"Zero, Bakunetsumaru," Julie began with a quiet voice. "Shute and Captain... don't exist." The two gundams looked up, startled.

"What do you mean don't exist?!" Baku pouted before looking down as well. "They... they have to..."

"Shute isn't older, or even, fifteen years old," the green GM moved forward past Julie to stand over them. "And the SDG is barely a decade old, much less Captain and Guneagle who were commissioned under the base's jurisdiction." They stared at him quietly as Haro extended a hand.

"Zero, Bakunetsumaru, since you two are the newest members of the Gndam Force present here, I believe I should re-introduce you to Gunbike and Gunpanzer's original body destination for his AI." Their eyes bugged out of their heads suddenly as they realized why his voice was so familiar now.

"My original designation before the accident- my original form in this body- is MSA-003... Or simply, Nemo." A long silence passed over the group as the two children stared up at at former 'Gunbike', his green armor similar to Captain's in design but with a head identical to the Gundivers and GMs. Finally, Baku burst out laughing.

"Nemo? Ahahahahahahahaaa!" A dangerous sparkle came to 'Nemo's' eye and he glared down upon Baku with a crack of lightning.

"What is so funny about that, soldier!?" Baku gulped and quickly hid behind Zero, staring up with big, frightened eyes.

"N-N-Nothing, Nemo."

"Sargent Nemo!"

"S-S-S-Sargent Nemo, sir." Haro looked up seriously, but his voice was not as strong and commanding as it could have been considering he still had high squeaks getting in his maturing throat.

"Right now, our security force is at a dangerous low. It consists only of us present here, so all measures to strength it must be taken."

"I must agree." Everyone blinked and the GMs in a row stepped aside to reveal the young Mayor Gathermoon. Her blonde hair was still in it's permed and red lips lush from lipstick coating. The biggest change really noticable was...

"Where'd her breasts go," Baku innocently whispered to Zero, a little uncustomed to discussion of women. Zero scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"They're probably implants," He whispered back but she caught the look in a second. With a sudden fiery wrath that emerged from nowhere, Zero shrank back as he felt her murderous glowering eyes fix on him. Trying to escape, he laughed nervously. "I mean, WOW, did Mayor Gathermoon grow a lot in the last 15 years or what? Huh? What??" Baku glanced at him blankly.

"What are you talking about?" Gathermoon finally looked up at Haro, ignoring the two little gundams and Zero sighed with relief, wiping sweat off his brow.

"Wow. Whatta psycho."

"Security and calming the people is our first priority. And then we need to reverse this as soon as possible so the grandfather effect can't take place."

"Grandfather effect?" Zero glanced back at Baku still tucked behind him.

"It's a thought if you go back and kill your grandfather, would you ever be alive to go back in time to kill your grandfather?"

"Huh?"

"It's a paradox."

"A what?"

"Just worry about not changing anything here," Zero sweatdropped.

"So I want everyone to resume activities as they were 15 years ago," She paused, glancing at Baku and Zero. "Assuming you were present in Neotopia." Haro clenched his fist, grumbling under the mask.

"Man! But I don't want to go back to high school!"

"Then what about us?" Nemo shifted, arms crossed and still locked on them.

"It looks like I'll 'ave to break the norm in order to train you two."

"Train," Zero repeated, making a sour face. "Train?! We're freaking KIDS! Besides, there were no attacks on Neotopia 15 years ago, right?"

"There's always a chance an enemy force has brought us to this past time to interfere with our future," Nemo bellowed over them, his voice commanding attention from the GMs. "We 'ave to protect Neotopia's security for the sake of the future! Likewise, you two will need to be protected as well to preserve to the future, in Neotopia and your homelands!" Baku and Zero looked at each other again with an unsaid conversation passing between them, this was already beginning to sound difficult. Mayor Gathermoon, lost in thought, suddenly gasped.

"That's right! Mayor Honeydew!" Quickly, she hurried off. Haro turned to the SDG again, dismissing the GMs to return to their original destinations.

"Gundam Force! Your objectives are as follows! Do nothing to disturb the timeline from what it should be 15 years ago! Kao Lyn, I want you investigating how to reverse all of this. Nemo, Zero, and Bakunetsumaru, you three will need to learn to work as a team quickly in order to resolve this mess!" He saluted and Julie, Kao Lyn, ball, and Nemo returned as well. "The best of luck to all of you!"



Far away on the other side of town, a trashcan upturn and clattered into the street, a cat shrieking as a dark figure moved forward.
"Feh... Swift little beast." A red eye penetrated the darkness. "I don't care what time it is, I will find you, Romerolagus."
~*~*~*~*
x.x;