SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Welcome ❯ Weed ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Epilogue: Weed

Zero sighed while leaning back against a tree to watch the gentle, white clouds in the sky. The soft breeze blew by, making the flowers and branches sway in it's direction. He pulled out his radio that he had received from Shute earlier this morning. The small, round device was a four-way radio and tracker to keep him and the others within calling distance, hopefully ensuring that an incident such as the cake factory would not be repeated.
Zero pushed the little white button, a blue light appearing over the speaker, and paused. After a minute, he let go of the button and tucked his radio away.
A bird flew out of the tree behind him, startling Zero slightly. He sighed again, trying to let him tense nerves relax for a bit.
Tallgeese will surely escape that hole...
"Fenn!" Zero looked up from his train of thought as the fluffy creature nuzzled against his arm. He smiled bleakly as he stroked Fenn.
Will I be able to take him on next time, even with Fenn?
"Fenn?" The feathered dragon nudged Zero with unease for his master's behavior.
"I'm sorry, Fenn," Zero apologized while standing up and brushing off his cape. "I'm not in the mood. I have too many things on my mind at the moment, maybe a little later..." Zero lifted off the feet and flew off without glancing back at Fenn once. Fenn watched his owner leave and floated away disappointed, deciding to go torture the samurai.


Zero hung high in the sky, allowing the refreshing wind try to dispose of his depressed feelings.
"Yow!!" He glanced down to discover a pleasant, two-story house with a woman on the ground in the backyard. Spotting the woman, he quickly flew down to help her to her feet.
"Mi'lday, are you alright??" He asked the green-haired woman with a nice yellow sun hat and dress on.
"I'm fine," she said while taking Zero's hand and standing up. "Thanks, but who are you?" Zero made a princess rose magically appear and bowed to her.
"I am Zero, the winged knight of Lacroa, at the service of any fair damsel in distress, such as yourself. What is thy name, beautiful maiden?" He motioned to take her hand but she pulled it back.
"I'm Melody. You will help me, yes? There suddenly is a giant weed in my precious garden, a stubborn one at that!"
"Fear not, I will indeed rid you of it's burden," he proclaimed while turning back to her garden. "Where hath it be?"
"Over there near the edge, with a purple and red flower." Zero looked down at the unusual plant, already a foot high with dark gray leaves and a purple flower with red pistils.
This grew in one night?
He shook the thought away while kneeling down beside it and grasping the base with both hands. The moment he pulled, pollen spewed out from the flower and into his face. He coughed while turning his head to the side and ripping the roots out of the ground. Zero tossed the weed aside while sitting down on the ground and desperately trying to rub the burning pollen off his face. Melody walked up behind Zero, kneeling down and handing him a washcloth.
"Thank you so much, are you alright?"
"Yeah," he choked out while his coughing fit continued.
"Would you like a glass of water?"
"I am touched by your generous offer," he forced out while standing up and stumbling a bit. "Yet I really must be on my way."
"Alright, bye," she waved as he flew off. As soon as he was out of eyesight, she pulled out a radio. "Zakorello Gate open. Get me the hell out of here!"