SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Yakunan Rijun ❯ Celestin's Past, Gundam Force's Future ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Back on SDG Base, Celestin and Rubbish found themselves surrounded by nearly every SDG member. Captain, Shute, Zero, Bakunetsumaru, Fleur, GunEagle, and all seven GunChoppers were staring him down. Fleur was leaning on Zero still in shock. Rubbish sat atop Celestin's visor arms crossed, the future gundam stood waiting for an onslaught of questions. Whispers passed back and forth among the workers.
 
The teen finally spoke, “Go on, and ask me anything. Go ahead and get it over with.”
 
Rubbish added, “Keep in mind however that we cannot tell you everything nor do we know everything.”
 
Silence fell on the base. Glances were exchanged as though daring someone to ask something first. Wither it was from uncertainty of what to ask or not wanting to be the first idiot to ask something stupid, several minutes passed with words.
 
“Come on, come on,” Rubbish said impatiently, “Time's a wastin'.”
 
One SDG employee shouts from the back. “Who's going to win the World Series?”
 
“Who asked that?” Juli inquired.
 
Celestin faces the voices general direction, “What's `the world series'?”
 
Shute asks, “Do you have, like, flying cars in the future?” Celestin faces the youth confused, then ruffles his feathers. Shute sweat drops, “Oh, yeah, you wouldn't need that would you….” Bell Wood muffles a laugh.
 
Someone else shouted, “Who replaces Chief Haro?”
 
Haro searches for the inquirer, “Who asked that!”
 
“You can't live forever Chief,” GunEagle points out.
 
Celestin answers, “His son, once Chief Haro decides he's ready.”
 
“Chief Haro has a kid?” Kao-Lynn asked.
 
“Who is it?” Shute asked.
 
“That's classified,” Haro answered.
 
Bakunetsumaru asked, “Do you have any brother or sisters Celestin?”
 
“Mana, I hope not,” said Zero. Fleur nodded in agreement.
 
Celestin sighs and scratches his head, “Wow…give me a second to remember all of them.”
 
“Say what!?!?!” The knight and princess shout wide-eyed.
 
Celestin looks skywards, “Okay…I'm the oldest, and then…was it the twins next or….”
 
“Twins!” Fleur shouts.
 
“No…no….” Celestin continues, “They weren't next it was….” A smirk crosses his face before he dissolves into laughter, “Sych! I'm an only child.” He continues laughing.
 
Fleur sighs in relief. Zero groans, “I fail to see the humor.”
 
“Speak for yourself,” Baku replied laughing, “The look on your face was priceless!” He received a hard slap across the face from Fleur. “Ow….”
 
“Having fun Master Celestin?” Rubbish asked.
 
Celestin nodded, “Sorry. You both looked so serious. I had to do it.”
 
Zero shook his head and changed the topic, “What about Bakunetsumaru? Does he get married?”
 
Celestin regains himself, “Yes. Uncle Ba- I mean Bakunetsumaru gets married.”
 
“To who?” Baku asks.
 
“Can't tell you,” Rubbish replied. Baku groans.
 
Captain inquired, “Did you almost call Bakunetsumaru your uncle, Celestin?”
 
Celestin shifts his gaze, “Force of habit. In the future, you, Shute, and Bakunetsumaru want me to call you `uncle'.”
 
Chief Haro asked, “Everyone done with ridiculous questions?” Those present nodded.
 
Captain began, “Very well then. Celestin, when and where will the Angel of Death appear?”
 
Celestin sighs, “I was afraid of this question. Remember when I told you how the Angel of Death took my parents and home?”
 
“When Zero and Fleur are killed, yes,” Captain answered.
 
“Thanks for making it sound like nothing,” Zero remarked.
 
Captain apologized, “Sorry.”
 
Celestin continues, “Well, he found us thanks to that damnable traitor Acucallis.”
 
“The torai queen?” Fleur asked.
 
“Aha!” shouted Baku, “I knew she was up to no good!”
 
Celestin nods, “She led him throughout all of Pagno Desidero, starting with Skylark. After I narrowly escaped death, I watched her and Death Angel leave as a storm settled in. All I really remember is crying myself to sleep. Next thing I know, Bakunetsumaru's calling my name. He found and took me to Captain, Shute, and Rupert. After I told them what happened, Rupert took me to Lacroa while the others scoured Skylark. Not even a few hours later, they…,” Celestin clenched his fist, “…they were tossed out of a portal and into Lacroa with some debris. I'll never forget what Captain said next. `Skylark and all of Pagno Desidero has been destroyed.”
 
Fleur gasped, covering her mouth guard. Shute asked fearing the answer, “So the debris was….”
 
“The planet,” Celestin finished, “Azural and I are the sole survivors. She escaped thanks to the Kraken and its ability to dimension hop. She left me in the Lacroix knights care while she searched for Death Angel. She also gave me this.” Celestin reaches for his bandana and found it had been removed, “What the? Where's my bandana!”
 
“A bandana?” GunEagle asked.
 
“Master Celestin,” Rubbish scolded, “Don't tell you lost the last remaining piece of your father's cape and your mother's feather.”
 
“Why would I lose something that precious?” Celestin snapped.
 
“Here,” a blonde female ties the bandana around Celestin's neck.
 
Celestin clutched, gently thumbing the feather a fabric, “Thank you.”
 
“So then what happened?” Zero asked.
 
“Training,” Celestin answered, “First, Tunk taught me the ways of the knight and all of Mana. Once I became a knight, I traveled to Ark finding Rubbish along the way. Once there I trained under Bakunetsumaru learning the ways of the samurai. A few years later, I was brought to Neotopia and made an official member of the Gundam Force. Of course then GunPanzer was all to eager to train me. Over that stretch of time, the Angel of Death had remained out of our lives. Until a portal appeared above Neotopia Tower. The Angel of Death invaded with an immense army under his command. Wave after wave came from seemingly nowhere. We fought back as long as we could but it was no use. Neotopia had fallen, SDG base buried in the earth. His army forced and followed us into Lacroa. For who knows how many years we fought but once more we failed.”
 
Zero wore a look in horror, “Please don't say Lacroa….”
 
Celestin regretfully nodded, “Lacroa fell. The war then spread across the ocean to Ark where we held them in a stalemate. After, I believe a year, we thought we could win and this. And so, Captain, Shute, GunEagle, GunChoppers, Bakunetsumaru, Genkimaru, and myself infiltrated the Angel of Death's fortress. Side by side we fought, our spies helping where they could. At last we reached him, but our efforts were in vain. He attacked fast and furiously. We didn't stand a chance. All the Neotopians save Shute we're wiped out. Bakunetsumaru received severe damage weakening his right side. Genkimaru, Shute, Bakunetsumaru, myself, and our troops were forced to retreat back to square one. Once more in a stalemate, Rubbish and I volunteered to return to the past and look for Death Angel's weakness. The reason we're here is a haunch from Bakunetsumaru. The plasma cannon, beam rifle, and katana, I had them so I wouldn't get caught.” Celestin scoffs, “Some good that did.”
 
Shute nods, “Sounds like a good plan but you do know that by messing with the past you can change the future to something worse.”
 
Rubbish chuckles, “No need to worry about that young Shute. Once we leave, I being a time sprite will erase your memories and repair the timeline Celestin insist on ripping to shreds, else Father Time will have my clock.”
 
“I could do a lot worse,” Celestin replied.
 
Chief Haro nods, “We certaintly can't have everyone dieing on us. Gundam Force, return to Ark and continue the screech. I trust you don't have much longer Rubbish.”
 
Rubbish smiles, “Just three more days good sir, chief.”
 
Celestin pumps his fist, “Yes! The sooner we find this thing the better. Let's go!”
 
“Oh no you don't,” said Captain, “You can't show up in Ark as Celestin. You need to be Gio.”
 
“Right…I knew that,” Celestin answered slightly embrassed, “Where's my cloacker?”
 
“Come in Chief Haro!” The inter-dimensional communications came back online. The numerous screens showed static.
 
“Ah!” Celestin dashes out of view of the screens.
 
Britainmaru and Kibaomaru appear, “Chief Haro what happened?”
 
“Nothing,” Haro answered, “Techincal flaw. I'll fill you in once everyone else comes back online. The Gundam Force is returning to Ark with Rubbish.”
 
“What!” Britainmaru yelled.
 
“Have you forgotten his crimes?” Kibaomaru asked angerly.
 
“Easy good sirs,” Haro replied, “As I said, once all communication has been restored.”
 
Celestin creeps indoors followed by Thief and Koa-Lynn, “Here device.” Thief hands Celestin the tattered wristband.
 
Celestin groans, “Kao-Lynn, may I borrow some of your tools to repair it?”
 
“Certaintly,” Kao-Lyn replied.
 
Captain stuck his head in, “Celestin, as soon as you are Gio again, rejoin us in Ark.”
 
The teen nods, “You got it.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
Hmm…this chapter was shorter then I thought. Probably cause I cut out a bunch of Celestin's past. Might give it it's own fic. Reviews please. *goes to bed*