Shaman King Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Back to the Beginning ❯ Spirit hunting...gone wrong... ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Back to the Beginning...Ch 6


Sometimes, allies can hurt us with harsh words, other times they help by simply supporting with words that would make any stone-hearted beast tremble...times like these, however, are rare in todays corrupt society...


******************************


Sunse t was slowly becoming evident over Motopolis City, and two figures deep into conversation were Sonic and Shadow...


"So, you really think this is for real, Shadow?" Sonic asked.


"Positive, I saw it with my own eyes; they got that spirit out of town and saved your own. Sonic, I have never been more serious of anything since my commitment to Maria..." Shadow said, Maria's name brought a tear to Shadow's eye.


"Well, I trust only my own judgement...but I think I can make an exception with you, seeing as you yourself have had heartache and truamatizing events in your own lifetime." Sonic muttered somewhat, finishing up with eating his food, which wasn't a chili-dog, and picking up the plastic plate then hurling it into the sink.


"If what they are saying is true, though, we have a serious threat on our hands...and this time we can't directly attack it." Shadow said depressingly.


"Well, if we can't attack it directly, how CAN we hit it?" Sonic complained, getting his answer almost on que with a sudden bursting open of the front door.


"The answer you're looking for is quite simple...you will not be involved." Anna said plainly, no tricks or jokes in the tone of her voice.


"No way, Anna, this fight has now become very personal. I intend to finish this once and for all with Blade!"


"In your current state you can't even land a single punch on him unless he were to take over another body. I want no part in seeing you get injured even more by that gastly apparition! Now, you will stay here, rest up, do the chores and relax while Yoh and I handle this spirit ourselves. If you don't like it, thats tough, now good day." Anna said firmly, her unwavering convidence evident in her tone, impressing even Sonic.


"I gotta hand it to her, Shadow, Anna certainly knows how to shut someone up." Sonic whispered to Shadow, getting a chuckle from the black hedgehog in return.


"Yoh, we are leaving...tell Sonic's friends that they can find the snacks in the second shelf above the sink." Anna called to Yoh.


"I doubt they could reach those shelves, though, An-"


"-Like I said, lets go find this spirit and get rid of him once and for all." Anna cut Yoh off. Despite this rude interjection, Sonic and Shadow knew exactly what Anna kept Yoh from saying.


"That little-" Sonic went to say but a quick glare from Anna kept that sentence from ever finishing itself.


As soon as Anna and Yoh walked out the door, Sonie, Knuckles and Amy ran into the livingroom with Sonic and Shadow.


"Man, that Anna sure knows how to make ya keep your trap shut!" Sonie mocked Sonic's earlier comment to Shadow, getting a slap in the face by Amy.


****************************


Meanwhile, Yoh and Anna were walking along the road, uneasy air surrounded them as Yoh gripped his sword, ready to strike at any advancements. "Its quiet...too quiet..." Yoh thought to himself as Amidamaru guided Yoh's steps.


"If this spirit is so aggresive as when we last fought it, why isn't it doing so now...?" Anna pondered as the evening sky became more evident and the shadows of trees crept their way out into the open.


"This makes no sense, Amidamaru, I can feel the tenseness in the air, but I don't see anything...could it be another spirit?"


"No, Yoh, it is that same spirit that attacked Sonic earlier...its just doing a fine job of cloaking itself..." Amidamaru spoke to the tense boy, his sword drawn and ready to strike.


As Yoh and Anna were walking through a thick forest area, a small laugh could be heard echoing in the air. The laugh sent chills up and down Yoh's spine.


"Stay focused, Yoh, this spirit is pure evil! You must not let its head games distract you." Amidamaru spoke to the young boy.


The laughter got gradually louder and more frequent as they went deeper into the woods.


"This spirit...its evil resonates even through this forest..." Anna said to herself as the laughter suddenly came to an abrupt halt.


"Huh?" All three of them exclaimed as they all looked around, the evil spirits prescence no longer there.


"Thats unheard of...how could a spirit just disapear like that?" Anna spoke to Yoh, sweat slowly going down her neck. "This makes no sense, unless...! Yoh, look out!"


Yoh turned around and saw the form of Blade rapidly advancing towards him, hell-bent on taking over his body.


"Its harvest time, kiddies!!!" Blade shouted as Yoh had about three seconds to make a move or his body wouldn't be his anymore.


*********************************************

Meanwhile, Sonic and the others had managed to reach the cabinets to eat some food. Sonic didn't find any chili dogs, but instead found some chili.


"Man, this is good! No wonder Anna didn't want us to get to these cabinets! This food is absolutely heavenly!" Sonic said elated at his conquest.


"Well, don't eat too much of it, Sonic, we wouldn't want Anna to send your spirit back to the "netherworld." Amy said with a small chuckle, unaware that Sonie and Knuckles were pigging out on Cheeseburgers.


"Wow, who ever though there'd be good food in a shack like this?" Knuckles said, getting a whack from Amy's hammer. "Ow!! What'd I do?!" Knuckles complained, Sonie laughing his ass off at Knuckles' expense.


"Wonder whats taking them so long? They shoud've been back by now..." Shadow spoke as he continued watching from the window.


"Ah, don't worry about them, Shadow, they can take care of themselves!" Sonie shouted as he continued pigging out on cheeseburgers.


"I swear, I don't think I could've ever pred-!" Sonic went to finish his sentence but felt a terrifying chill shoot through his body, unknown to everyone else. "Did you guys...just feel that?"


"Feel what?" Amy asked, completely unaware of what Sonic had felt.


"That...chill in the air...it was awful! It felt like a frigid blast of air just rushed over me." Sonic said, eyes white and his pupil's dilated to near specks.


"I'll go check the air conditioner." Knuckles said, stopping suddenly by a shout from outside.


"That sounded like Anna!" Amy said as she and Sonic ran outside, Sonie and Shadow not too far behind with Knuckles taking one last bite of his cheeseeburger before going out too.


"Quick! Its Yoh!" Anna shouted, panic clearly evident in her voice, sweat cascading down her neck.


"Calm down, just tell us what happened, Anna." Sonic said, grabbing Ann's shoulders to try and calm her down.


"Yoh...that spirit...it...it...it...it took over his body!" Anna struggled through tears as she fell to her knees, leaving Sonic and the others shcoked and not knowing how to help in this situation.


"Good God, no..." Sonic whispered to himself as he could feel the same chill from inside the house.


A distant laugh could be heard as the silouette of a person levatated in the sky less then 200 yards away.


"Its Blade...he got Yoh..."


End Chapter 6


***********************************