Shaman King Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmare to Overcome ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Helteage: Wow! This is just something I came up with when I was arguing with my bro. I don't own Shaman King of Yu Yu Hakusho, never will.
 
SUMMARY: Zeke has accomplished his goal. He has won the Shaman King tournament and rid the world of all normal human beings, leaving only Shamans and powerful beings in existence. However, his dream world became a nightmare. It's been five years since Zeke's reign began, and Yoh thinks it's time to step up and take his rightful place. He will find allies in the most oddest places.
 
Helteage: I am not good with the Japanese names since I've only seen the dub on the 4kids spot. Sorry! If someone could give me a lesson, that'd be great! So here you are! As for pairings, the usual ones., there really will only be mentions in here.
 
~*~
 
The sky was dark. Gray clouds rumbled overhead with no end in sight. It was perpetual night all over the world. It seemed the sun had died when Zeke had been declared the winner.
 
Dust hung heavy in the air. Those who remained in the destroyed cities and towns made small refugee camps and hid underground in the tunnels that used to run subways.
 
Many knew Zeke's power, and heard of the stories of those who had defied him. They hid. It was all they could come up with in order to survive.
 
Rebellions grew and were smashed down by Zeke's minions and sometimes even Zeke himself made an appearance. Those who wanted to fight, held it back and remained in hiding, biding their time with training and planning in order to get a step ahead of him to finally defeat him.
 
Some thought it was futile to fight, knowing he came back anyway. Nonetheless, people fought, saying that even a few hundred years in peace would be well worth their deaths.
 
The days grew darker as Zeke's anger grew. No one could be sure why the Shaman King was angry, or why the planet reacted the way it did, but they feared that Zeke's anger would eventually lead to their homes' destruction, and thus, taking them with it.
 
Unbeknownst to most, even Zeke, a small resistance faction had begun to grow. It's members were few, but powerful indeed.
 
Yoh Asakura led this faction. Even though he had fought bravely and lost to Zeke five years ago, he had never thought the battle truly over. With the five he had fought with back then, and his other friends by his side, he would take on Zeke one final time and this time, come out victorious.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
The dark skies not only bothered the remaining humans, it deterred the others types of beings on the planet.
 
The demons and gods who had sought refuge on the beautiful planet were horribly shaken by the new scene they had found.
 
Those who had vowed to protect it were angered and saddened by the events; those who had came for a safe haven were frightened into a repeat of their old worlds.
 
It was an evil that was not predicted to come for at least another century, yet it was here, and hardly anyone, even those in Reikai, knew what to do.
 
Fortunately, Yusuke Urameshi was not one to sit back. He called his team together, to launch an assault against this darkness, many rising to the challenge.
 
With two powerful teams bearing down on Zeke, who will be triumphant?
 
~*~
 
Helteage: Dude, I know this is short, but I could so not get this out! It was so hard! I know it sucks too…Man, I'll really have to rethink this Prologue thingy…Anyhow, R&R!