Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Bason's Greatest Fear ❯ Horo Horo would have been happy ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

B A S O N ' S

G R E A T E S T

F E A R

(A.K.A.Those Cute Fluffy Creatures that go Nyaa)

A Hoshi ga Hoshii desu Side Story

byLucathia

-----side ch. 2: Horo Horo would have been Happy-----

Renwas embarrassed beyond words. His sister was way too overenthusiastic about naming that damn kitten. Ren was fine with calling the kitten "it." He certainly didn't want the kitten to be named after him! Embarrassing! But, right now it seemed as if his sister was fixed upon one of those three embarrassing names. And there wasn't anything he could do to change her mind or divert her attention.

That is, until his stomach growled.

Renthanked whoever was watching over him for his stomach's timing.

"L-Let's go eat dinner first!" Ren managed to get those words out as he headed away from Jun and the kitten in her hands. Bason drifted next to his young master, as far away from the kitten as he could be. Ren didn't move to order Bason to stay next to the kitten. At the present, Ren seemed to have forgotten why they bought the kitten in the first place.

Renblindly headed into the closest restaurant, which, unfortunately, wasn't a Chinese restaurant. Rather, it was a sushi shop. Ren was so occupied that he didn't even notice that! Too bad Horo Horo wasn't dining with Ren today. He certainly would have been happy!

Rensat down at the counter and folded his arms across his chest. He began ordering his favorite Chinese dish without even glancing at the menu and the floating sushi dishes in front of him.

The waiter sweatdropped. "Eto...gomen nasai, okyaku-sama [1]. This is a sushi shop...we don't make Chinese dishes." He motioned towards the sushi dishes in front of him. "You can pick what you want from these dishes."

Renscowled. Everything and everyone was going against him these days. First, he had to find out that Bason was afraid of silly house cats. Then came that embarrassing naming. And now this??

He glared at the waiter, who cringed away. Finally, Ren pointed at three dishes.

"I want these three then. And a bottle of milk."

The waiter blinked. "Milk?" Had he heard right? Milk? Not tea? Or Coke? Or water? Or beer? Okay...the customer was too young for beer, so maybe not beer.

Renglowered. "Yes, milk."

"Ah...we serve milk in glasses. Is that okay with you?" The waiter noticed a green haired lady sit down next to the boy. She was holding a black kitten in her hands. Maybe the milk was for the kitten then!

Rengave a curt nod as he began eating his sushi.

When the waiter returned with the milk, he set it down in front of Ren. He had debated whether or not to put the milk in a glass or in a dish for the kitten. He finally decided against putting the milk in the dish...since it would have been extremely silly of him if the customer meant to drink it himself. After all, the customer had nodded when he asked if serving the milk in a glass was okay.

Right when the waiter set down the glass, Ren grabbed the long slender cup and started gulping down the milk. He closed his eyes as he felt the cool, refreshing milk slide down his throat. After a few more gulps, he set the glass down and resumed eating his sushi.

Meanwhile, Bason wanted to get out of the store. His young master was currently busy eating while Jun-sama had that...that terrifying creature in her hands. Bason glanced at it untrustingly as he began inching towards the door.

Without even looking in Bason's direction, Ren muttered, "Where are you going?"

"Um...outside...for some fresh air!"

Rencontinued eating nonchalantly. "You don't need fresh air."

"But...but..." Bason again glanced at the kitten, then at the inviting door. It was calling to him...the door was calling him...it was saying... "Freedom! This way!"

Rengave Bason a glare that clearly indicated, "Don't you dare leave me alone with that kitten! Especially since all this is happening because of you!" It seemed that drinking milk helped Ren calm down a bit...at least enough for him to put the blame on someone else, namely his spirit.

Basonalmost whimpered as he succumbed to his young master's demand. He still stayed on the other side of Ren. There was no way that he would stay next to Jun-sama...not when she had that creature in her hands!

Bason'smind started drifting...towards blankness. He couldn't imagine the next few days of his life...well...his unlife or whatever life was called for spirits...he couldn't imagine staying in the same room as the abominable creature...not to mention take care of it!

Basonglanced at the creature again, wary of anything it might do. That creature was evil...not to be trusted! It'd scratch you and bite you and hiss at you for no reason...and then it'll eat your food and steal your sushi and...

Basonblinked.

Steal your sushi?

His eyes widened as he noticed what was happening.

"No, you are not allowed to touch Bo-chama's food!"

At Bason's yell, Ren glanced down at his plate. The little black kitten was batting a piece of raw fish (from his plate!) and attempting to drag it away.

"Get your filthy paws off of my food!"

Rengrabbed his plates turned his back to the kitten. Now his sushi was safe, since the kitten couldn't possibly reach this far!

He resumed eating peacefully.

Jun tsked as she grabbed the fallen piece of fish. "You shouldn't be so mean to the kitten. It's only a kitten, after all! And it must be hungry!"

Rendidn't answer as he sulked and ate his sushi. Jun played around with the kitten, attempting to feed it the piece of fish. Bason glued his eyes to the kitten, sure that it was bound for some more mischief. He watched as the kitten swatted at the piece of flying fish...well flying for the kitten since Jun was waving the fish around. The kitten tried jumping up to swat the fish, but it missed every time. Jun-sama had a delightful smile on her face as she continued waving the piece of fish around, leading the kitten on.

Basonwas sort of glad that she was occupying that kitten's attention. That meant no more mischief from the kitten, right?

Wrong.

Just as Bason looked away...

There was a loud crashor crackor whatever sound it was...it wasn't a pleasant sound.

Basonwhipped his head around and stared at the horror...

...the horror of his young master's shattering milk glass! The glass broke into a million small pieces that were flying across the table. The milk in the now broken glass splattered along with the flying glass pieces. It first flew upwards in slow motion, then it came down and splattered all around the table and started dripping off the sides...

Drip.

Drip.Drip.

His young master's poor pants...

He could see his young master twitching...that was enough of a sign of how pissed off he was. Bason didn't want to look at his young master's expression.

And then...he noticed that the horrible creature that was the cause of all this trouble was lapping at the milk! As if nothing had happened!

Cats were evil.

Kittens even more so.

-----to be continued----

notes

Eto...gomen nasai, okyaku-sama: Er...sorry customer (very formal)

nextchapter: the naming