Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Draa Suulen ❯ Chapter One: Two Sides ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Hello, and welcome to the first part of my new fan fiction in titled, Two Sides: A Shaman king fan fiction. If you’ve read my previous works you would know that I like to go into the supernatural part of life, and death. I love attacking the loving relationship of Ren/Pirika, that’s the coupling I love the most. Now, sit tight and read on.
Chapter one: Two sides
“Okay Ren, tell me this much.”
“What?”
“Why the heck are we using out mana to float over a spike that is standing over a raging river!”
Ren smirked, looking like as if he wanted to laugh but he held it back. “Anna’s sick so she told me to come up with training. She didn’t trust you or Yoh; she knew nothing would get gone if you were in charge.”
“Hey, that was uncalled for,” Yoh said, looking at him but there was a smile on his face.
“So this is what I came up with. This kind of training is good because it helps you to know how to focus your mana. I use to do this all the time when I was younger.”
“What a nice childhood…” Horo muttered.
“You don’t know the half of it.”
Yoh frowned. “How much longer do we have to do this?”
Ren looked down at his hand that was closed to the spike, his green mana keeping him afloat just beyond the point. They were in the vertical pushup position, one hand dangerously close to the spike the other behind their back. He looked at his watch and then back at Yoh.
“Five minutes.”
“Uggg…” Horo sighed as he looked down.
“Stop complaining.”
---
“The storm really came up quickly.”
Anna sat in a dark blue cushion chair, a blanket around her shoulders. Ren was staring out the window with a blank look in his eyes. He snapped out of it and nodded.
“Yeah, but we got in before the storm got bad.”
“You should get some rest,” Anna said coolly, looking at him closely, “You look pale.”
“I used too much mana in the training, maybe I should,” Ren left quietly then, going down the hall to his room. He didn’t feel well at all, waves of pain surge through him making it a little hard to walk. He ran a hand through his hair and lay down on his bed.
“Why am I sick? I didn’t do that… much,” and he fell asleep.
---
“Hey Ren,” Pirika knocked on his door. Ren had been asleep since ten last night (it was now one in the afternoon) and she was getting worried. The door opened and Ren stared back at her.
“What is it?”
“Oh, Anna told me to get you up; it’s one in the afternoon.”
Ren hit his head lightly on the door frame. “I can’t believe I slept in that long, I better get moving.”
He brushed pass her, and she noticed how pale he was. Without thinking, she grabbed his hand and he stopped. For a moment he looked at their locked hands then his eyes moved up to hers.
“What?”
“Your sick, you shouldn’t train.”
Ren shook his head. “I have to. I got to get stronger so I can be Shaman King.”
“No way, you’re going to get something to eat and then you are going to rest.”
His eyes narrowed and in a quick movement slapped her across the face. “No Aniu-baka tells me what I will and will not do; you don’t know anything about me.” And then he snatched his hand back and left down the stairs.
“Damn you, Tao Ren.”
---
“Fucker!”
HoroHoro grabbed the front of the Chinese Shaman’s shirt and slammed him into the wall. From his narrowed eyes and the angered expression on his face Pirika had told her brother what he did. “You hit my sister, your going to pay.”
Horo’s fist slammed into Ren’s face, sending him to the ground to his left. At the moment, Ren didn’t have enough strength to fight back so he just sat up and whipped the blood away from his lips. There was a sudden pain in his side as Horo kicked him, sending him rolling a few feet until he came to a stop. Coughing, Ren sat up.
“You shouldn’t be so ready to fight for revenge,” he stated simply.
“You’re just a coward, look at you! You’re not even fighting back!”
“I have nothing to gain from it.”
Horo picked Ren up by the caller of his shit and lifted him up. He was about to punch him when a icy voice said;
“Leave him alone Horo, he won’t learn anything from his idiot mistakes if you are always beating him up!”
Horo finished punching Ren and then turned to his sister. “He hit you, deserves it.”
Pirika shook her head and walked over to Ren. “So what, forgave him you should too.”
She helped Ren and he leaned on her. What ever was wrong with him was sapping his strength and making him unbearably weak. He didn’t like feeling that way. A Tao was never weak. She supported him and brought him inside where she grabbed a First Aid kit and got to work.
“You have to learn how to be nice to people,” she said as she put some ointment on a bruise that was forming. “I know you may have your pride to think about but being nice never hurt anyone.”
Ren didn’t say anything but kept his eyes low and looked to be in thought. He didn’t want help, he didn’t need it. He was a Tao, strong and better then most. Much better then any Aniu girl… but did he really believe that?
“Thanks,” he said simply and getting up he walked to his room.
---
‘Do I have a crush on Pirika?’
Strange thoughts traveled thought his mind, confusing him and making him wonder. He paced around the room but stopped and stared at the mirror.
“I don’t need this. I’m a Tao; I can’t fall in love with a member of another lower family.”
He knew he had something, something his mother gave him to deal with such a problem. He looked around, throwing things across the room as he searched. It was a pendent, the other Tao family heirloom besides the Sword of Thunder. There was a large ruby in the center of it, the size of a golf ball and perfectly round. A silver scaled dragon wrapped around it and was beautifully carved. He found it at the bottom of an old bag.
“This is meant to bury my love until I can find the true on for myself. But if the girl is the one, I will be split apart.”
He thought for a moment, weighting his choices. In the end thought he slipped on the pendent and exited the room to find her.
Pirika was sitting on the couch, watching TV. Ren took deep breaths and once again weighted his choices. Did he really want to take the chance? If she was the one, his soul would be split apart and he would have no idea what would happen after that. Shacking his head, he knew there was no reason to worry. She wasn’t the one. Putting a hand on her shoulder he said darkly;
“I will not love you, Pirika of the Aniu.”
At first nothing happened, all was quiet and still but suddenly great pain surged through Ren that sent him backwards; crying in pain. Pirika, though still confused by what he just said to her, try to go to figure out what was wrong with him but he pushed her away. Gripping his head he screamed out and fell to his knees. By that time the others had arrived and were trying to figure out what was wrong.
There was an earthquake coming from Ren that stopped suddenly as a burst of light started at his chest and then spread all over him. By that time he had stopped screaming and was just staring at the ceiling. The light grew brighter and the others had to shield their eyes from it, for fear of hurting their eyes. Two yells were heard and then two loud thumps before the light stopped and Ren fell to the ground.
Pirika crawled over to Ren and gasped. His eyes were still side open but completely blank. She picked up his body and held it close to her. Suddenly the two new comers yelled at each other with voices that sounded oddly familiar.
“Damn you, this is your entire fault!”
“I didn’t do anything!”
They all turned towards the two and were silent for a few moments. Finally, Horo said what they were all thinking;
“What the hell, two Ren’s!”
End of chapter one…
A/N: So, what did you think? This should be a long fan fiction filled with plot twist and good character development. I’m not sure how well this one will do but hopefully you like it and review! Thanks all of you and so long! R&R!