Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Draa Suulen ❯ Chapter Four: More puzzles ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Four: More puzzles
“Come on,” Dark Ren said as he got up, “we got to keep looking. Maybe Aniu girl will have another vision.”
“I have a name you know,” Pirika said grumpily as she followed quickly behind. Gray Ren smiled and followed.
“You’ll always be Aniu girl to me,” he said with a smile but it slipped from his face as they approached two large doors. “The main hall, the place where the head of the family sits, it’s just beyond these doors.”
He opened the door and they walked into the hall. It was large; about five En Inn’s could fit inside of the large space. In it’s time it may have been grand by now it lay in complete ruin. Tables were rotting, over turned and a few cut in half, glasses and plats scattered around the floor. There were bodies everywhere also, some with armor on but the most of them wore just cloth robes. Pirika shivered as she looked around.
“Did the insane shaman do this,” she asked Dark Ren.
He didn’t hear her, and if he did he didn’t bother to answer as he walked over to the throne in the back of the room. When Pirika and Gray Ren tried to figure out what was wrong there was a dead look in his eyes, like he was in a trance. He walked pass the throne and over to the wall behind it and without any change in the look on his face placed his hands on it and it lit up in greenish light. He walked threw the wall and was gone from sight.
“Come on,” Pirika and Gray Ren ran to the wall and it lit up right before they got to it. They too found out that they could walk threw the wall, and did so. They found Dark Ren lying on the ground, his eyes closed.
“Hey,” Pirika said as she sat him up, “are you alright?”
“Yeah, just fine,” Dark Ren rubbed his head and looked around. “How the hell did we get here?”
“You went into a trance,” Gray Ren said, “and walked threw the wall behind the throne.”
“I remember a voice, and it was calling me,” he said as he got up, “I don’t remember anything else though.”
“And you call me messes up,” Pirika said, crossing her arms and smiling. “You’re the strange one.”
“Don’t call me strange you Aniu-“he stopped short.
“What’s wrong?”
“…Uh nothing, let’s keep going.”
With out saying anything more, Dark Ren began walking down the hall and they had to hurry to get to him. Pirika knew for sure now that Dark Ren was born mostly from Ren’s anger, and she was partially right. Gray Ren was calm but more cheerful then the other Ren and for that she was happy. It gave her someone to talk to. She shook her head at Dark Ren’s anger, and continued to walk.
Dark Ren paused for a moment and looked back at the two of them, then shook his head. He ran a shacking hand threw his hair and then continued to walk. Something had to be troubling him.
‘Look at me, god I’m shacking,’ he thought to himself. ‘Why the hell do I feel like running away?’
He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to see it was Pirika. “What?”
“Are you alright,” she asked, “you’re shacking.”
“Yeah, I’m fine,” he lied. “Why wouldn’t I be?”
She let her hand fall off his shoulder and he began to walk again. She wasn’t sure though, and deiced quietly that she would figure out what was wrong.
---
“Hurry up, stop being such slow pokes,” Dark Ren said bitterly. The hall way they were walking in was dark and full of cobwebs, and the walls were made out of gray stone. Pirika guessed that this had to of been a hall way of great importance since it was made out of stone. She ran a hand against the wall as she walked when suddenly her hand brushed against something. There were words written on the wall, carved into the stone. They said;
Darkness fills this place.
Beware of one of your friends,
For evil has twisted
Them. And trust your visions.
A.T.
“Hey guys, look at his,” Pirika called to them.
“What does it mean,” Gray Ren asked as he stared at the words. Dark Ren shrugged.
“I think Alexandria, the girl from my visions wrote this for me to see.”
“Don’t assume that,” Dark Ren said. “The Tao family left this place a long time ago, long before you were born.”
“I don’t think so, she could have had visions.”
He nodded. “I guess that could be true. Still doesn’t make sense.”
“Your part of the soul of a shaman and your saying this doesn’t make sense?” She shook her head.
“Let’s keep going,” he said, “we should find something soon.”
----
Pirika sat down and yawned. She was growing tired; all she wanted to do is lie down and sleep. Dark Ren was pacing a little, while Gray Ren just sat. Pirika sighed lightly and said;
“It has to be getting late, let’s rest here,” she said. Gray Ren agreed brightly. Dark Ren grumbled lightly but didn’t say anything as he sat down. Gray Ren stood up suddenly.
“I’m going to find us some blankets, I’ll be right back,” and he ran off toward the direction of the wall portal.
Pirika watched him go and stared at Dark Ren as he sat in the gloom. He didn’t seem to know that she was watching and seemed to be in deep thought. He ran a shaky hand threw his hair and looked at the wall. Pirika spoke up then;
“You’re so gloomy,” she said, “and I guess that’s part of what you got from Ren.”
He blinked and then nodded. “Yes. I was just hoping that we find out some answers soon.”
“So do I, I hope we can get Ren back to normal soon.”
Dark Ren stared at her closely, his golden eyes shining in the dark. “I bet you would like that, thought I wonder how important he was to you.”
She shook her head and said, “Very important. He was a good friend, though quiet and shy. He would only talk to me honestly if there was no one else around. He was also tormented by things he did in the past, but he was recovering. He was a good person.”
He watched her quietly and wondered about what she said. “What would you do if we never joined together again and Ren remind the way he is?”
“I don’t know, I guess I would continue to look for answers and hope for the best.” Dark Ren shook his head.
“I don’t understand how you can remain so hopeful.”
“Maybe it was just the way I was brought up.”
About that time Gary Ren returned with three large fur blankets. He sat down and handed Dark Ren and Pirika one. “I found these in a storage room,” he told them calmly. “They should keep us warm enough.”
Pirika nodded and lay down, wrapping the blanket tightly around her. As much as she hated the fact that she was sleeping in a creepy hallway that Dark Ren discovered in a trance, she was to tried to keep going. She closed her eyes and fell into a deep slumber.
Begin Dream Vision
She looked around the now completely clean and richly furnished stone hallway with amazement. Large tapestries hanged from the wall, long wooden benches where against the walks and had books and scrolls covering them. The hall way was lit up with flaming torches that danced in the breeze.
In front of her walked Alexandria, this time she was wearing a green dress and her long hair hanged lose to her shoulders. She was humming to herself as she walked and was smiling. Just as she reached the first turn, Yang jumped out and grabbed her.
“Ahh,” she screamed in joy as he picked her up and put her on his shoulders.
“Got you,” he laughed, “you can’t hide form me!”
“Yang! Let me go!”
He sat her down in a chair and sat down by her. She smiled brightly as he said, “Ying wants to see you soon. He may do that later today, if he doesn’t get too busy.”
“I would like that, I haven’t seen him in a long while.”
“With all the training he’s going threw because he’s chosen for the tournament no wonder, but I’m just a lowly guard.”
“Your not just a guard to me,” Alexandria said as she put her head on his shoulder, “you’re the person I love.”
Yang ran a hand threw her hair and smiled. “You’re too kind. Oh, my mother made a pendent today that is suppose to help you get rid of feelings for someone if you’re not meant to be together. She’s thinking about using it on herself.”
“You wouldn’t use it, would you?” Alexandria looked a bit worried.
“No, I know we’re meant to be together. Besides, if tow people are meant to be together and the person who used it didn’t know that before hand, their soul would get split in half.”
“Scary.”
“No need to worry though, everything will be fine.”
End Dream Vision
Pirika woke up from her strange dream to find Dark Ren leaning against her, still asleep. He looked so peaceful and innocent that she didn’t want to wake him up and watched quietly. He shifted a little in his sleep and moaned quietly. Gray Ren slept close by, curled up into a ball and snoring loudly. Dark Ren slept quietly and didn’t snore, he only bereaved quietly.
His eyes opened and she jumped back a couple on inches but he didn’t seem to be bothered by her. He yawned and looked at her before saying, “It is morning?”
She blushed and shrugged. “I don’t know, there’s no window in here.”
He rubbed his eyes tiredly and smiled slightly. “I wonder how long we’ve been asleep.”
Gray Ren rolled over, still rapped up in his fur blanket and yawned. “When’s breakfast?”
Dark Ren kicked him in the side and growled, “Now until way later, we have more important things to do,” he then looked at Pirika, “since we didn’t find anything big, we’ll go back to Japan for a while. How does that sound?”
She nodded and smiled. “Sounds great to me, let’s go.”
As they left, something in the shadows crept sickeningly along, but made no sound. It smiled slightly when it noticed Pirika, showing fanged and jagged teeth and then followed behind. It had found its target.