Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ From Past to Present ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Disclaimer;) I don't own Shaman King, or any Shaman King characters, okay? Thank you. (You know you like these things short and sweet). (/Disclaimer)
 
(Authors Note;) I'm Canadian. If there happen to be words spelt oddly in here, (such as “colour” and “favourite”) that's because it's the Canadian spelling of those words. No complaints, please. Thank you.
Ah, also - normal italic font is a Shaman/Human being thinking. /Italic/ font, with the slashes, is the thoughts of a Spirit or alternate being. Thanks. (/Authors Note)
 
 
 
- x - ( From Past to Present; Chapter Three ) - x -
 
Though it was unusual for Anna to be dwelling on a thought so simple as the one she had been recently, there was deffinately something bothering her about the situation with Manta.
 
It was well known (well, sort of) that Anna was not always the witch she tended to act as, for long ago when Yoh had nearly died in the Shaman tournament, she was so torn that just the thought bothered her when she looked back on it. She gazed over at Yoh, who was sitting, quite unconveniently to her own causes, on the other side of the den, with his back to her as he listened to his music over his headphones.
 
Gazing over at her fiancee's back, she narrowed her eyes at him slightly as she lounged on the couch. "Yoh."
 
No reply; Yoh continued to bob his head animatedly to the tunes playing over his headphones, swaying back and forth in his spot. Anna narrowed her eyes even further.
 
"Asakura Yoh."
 
This time she almost hissed his name, though he still didn't appear to hear her. Frowning darkly she lifted an empty flowerpot off of the table, and in a moment's time Yoh was sprawled out on the floor, rubbing the back of his head.
 
"Owww! Anna, what was that for?" he mumbled, turning his eyes un her with his hands pressed against his temples. Anna glared at him, yawning and then staring at him again with her dangerous glare. "Go make dinner. I'm hungry."
 
Yoh gave her a somewhat disdained look, but obediently turned off his music and stood up, slouching away towards the kitchen without an arguement.
 
Anna watched his retreating back with a more or less satisfied expression on her face. Now with the damned distracting Shaman out of the way she could think more clearly. Laying back on the couch she stared at the ceiling of the Funbari Onsen Inn. What form of figure could have been capable of framing Yoh of such an act? Surely no one from school. Oh no, that wasn't possible. No one was that smart, and no one looked like her Yoh, anyway. She knew everyone, and watched everyone, and kept tabs on everyone. She couldn't come up with any good reason for them to, either.
 
Well, maybe Manta had just been lying? That seemed like a valid form of reasoning. Ha. Yeah right; as though Manta would make up a story like that. She knew they were best friends; they had to be, if Manta would come around enough to put up with her work schedules. And sometimes he even did them, which amused her to an unimaginable extent. But no, Manta was deffinately not a possible villain in this ... crime, if it could even be called that, moreso a victim if anything.
 
Yes, the only story reasonable of consideration would be that it had been Hao. But again there was a flaw in her assumtions; right, hello? Hao was dead. Long dead. The stupid pervert was gone, by the hand of Yoh, of course. He seemed to have a habit of good-doing. Which was better for the most part, but he was just so lazy.
 
Frowning, Anna glanced up, and her eyes widened as she jumped. "Yoh," she said, a hand gripping her own chest. "... Why aren't you cooking?" she suddenly asked darkly, standing up as she collected herself. Yoh was looking at her lazily, shaking his head a bit. Anna was thoroughly disturbed; how could she have allowed him to sneak up on her so quickly?
 
"Iie, Anna," Yoh replied with a lazy smile, walking up to his fiance and standing infront of her, obtaining an unusually bold demeaner. It actually almost startled Anna, though instead she just looked even bolder at her ability's best. "I have something to show you."
 
Yoh started to walk towards the kitchen, and, reluctantly, Anna followed, irritated though curious all at once. What was this... this... she didn't know how to describe it. Insistance. This backbone, that Yoh suddenly possessed. Though, walking into the kitchen, she gazed around, glancing idly at the table set for two in the middle of the kitchen. By 'make dinner' she hadn't actually ment for both of them, just herself, but at least his skills were improving somewhere considering he was doing absolutely mortifying in school.
 
"Yoh... how did you make this so quickly?" Anna inquired, walking over to the table and observing it with half-lidded, narrowed eyes. She caught Yoh's slight sweatdrop out of the corner of her eye, and she turned on him darkly. "You didn't get take out, did you? You know that I can't stand grease," she said, glowering. Yoh jumped a little, waving his hands and shaking his head. "Ano... no! I made it all myself," he replied, smiling lazily again at her.
 
Anna gave Yoh a somewhat interrogative look before she walked to the table, sitting on her mat and then stirring the food around with her chopsticks. It looked alright, never up to her standards, though, because she had no standards; nothing was perfect in her eyes, unless it was her making it. She sifted through the noodles and vegetables and then lifted the food to her mouth, sucking in the last of the noodles and closing her eyes as she chewed it, grading it mentally.
 
"Not enough salt again," she spoke as she began her criticism, setting her chopsticks back down and frowning, eyes still closed. She waved her hand in the air at Yoh dismissively. "Go and start over-"
 
A sudden, hard palm smacked Anna across her left cheek with such force that it knocked her sideways. She stared at the floor, eyes wide, her hand instinctively flying to her mouth as she saw blood dripping onto the cold white tiles. She continued to stare in complete shock at the ground before she slowly turned her face towards Yoh, who was still standing beside her in a position that clearly diagnosed him as the culprit that had violated her cheek.
 
But this... this was obsurd. Yoh would never... Yoh would... never...
 
"... ever... ever hit his precious fiance, would he?" Yoh finished, grabbing Anna roughly by the collar of her dress and wrenching her up off of the floor so that they were face to face. He flattened his hand out between her collar bones towards her neck as he pinned her up against the kitchen wall, a dark smile gracing his lips as he ran a subtle hand down her cheek.
 
"Of course he wouldn't, Kyouyama Anna," Yoh said smoothly in a slightly differently accented Japanese now, his smile merely growing as she looked at him with an even more thoroughly confused look, hands gripping his arm as she attempted to free herself from the space between his hand and the wall. "Yoh would never lay a hand on you... because he just doesn't have the backbone or courage to snap back at you..."
 
Yoh ran the back of his hand down Anna's cheek and she quivered weakly as it travelled down to her necklace, twisting his fingertips around in the beads and then tearing it from her neck, sending the white balls rolling across the kitchen floor.
 
Anna watched a bead roll away out of the corner of her eye and then her eyes landed fearfully back onto Yoh's again, though something was out of place. His expression was pure venom, and almost empty of any feeling. She could see vengeance in these eyes, dark and full of current yearning to discipline.
 
These were not Yoh's eyes.
 
This was not her Yoh.
 
"Anna," Yoh spoke again, leaning in closer to her so that his lips were just lingering over her's, though they suddenly dodged away. She'd long given up her struggle as Yoh's mouth loomed by her ear.
 
"This is for when you slapped me at the Shaman Tournament," he whispered in harsh English.