Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Higher Expectations ❯ The New Students ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Higher Expectations
 
Suki do not own Shaman King or Harry Potter. Only some characters which you never ever heard of and I'm proud of it.
 
Suki: Okay. Here it is. The Shaman King and Harry Potter crossover for you all. As you all can see in the summary, only Hao and Yoh will be in Hogwarts. The other characters? I'm not sure about that. I might randomly add them in if there is a change in the plot. So, sit back and enjoy the whole story.
 
This story will be centering on Hao and Yoh in Hogwarts but there will be Harry and Co. What's a Harry Potter story without them? The story takes place after the Shaman Tournament - on one small detail. Hao will not die or disappear (I'm not sure what actually happen to him). He will be with Yoh and the others in Yoh House, much to Anna's and Ren's dismay.
 
Also, this story will take place during book 6 and will NOT really follow the original Harry Potter story! Although there will be mentions of the Order but still…they will take their NEWTs this year. Please bear that in mind. The characters will be 16 years of age, all of them. (Well… not all. Just trying to explain.)
 
One more important thing to remind you all, there will be absolutely no pairings in this story, so don't bug me about it! For now, enough of my rambles, and on with the story!
 
Dedication: This story is dedicated to my second sister, Dae for her 13th Birthday this year. Sis, you are all grown up!
 
-----------------
 
Chapter 1
 
The New Students
 
-----------------
 
“I'm not a fighter of good. It's just that I hate people who are bad.”
Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho)
 
-----------------
 
A scruffy-looking man sat in a dim-lighted room, carefully going through his documents quickly but yet slowly as if he wanted everything to be perfect. Not one small mistake must be found on his documents or else the other will have a fit. He let out a small sigh and took a quick sip of his tea before looking over the documents again for any slight twitch. It was a night time, the moon brightly shining outside of his window which signaled to him that his `guest' will arrive soon.
Wasting no more time at this stage, he piled up his finished papers and placed them at the corner of his large wooden desk. He silently hoped that his `guest' will arrive punctually and not late. Not even a minute to spare. He was a busy man. After all, the documents seriously need to be looked at.
Laying his back on the comfy chair, he let his eyes traveled unconsciously around the room, trying to find a speckle of dust which will be added to his level of annoyance now. His guest was never late. There must be a logical explanation for all this. On his feet, he turned and stared out of his window, trying his best to detect his late guest in a very disapproving manner.
Silence…
It was the loud three strokes of the old grandfather clock which broke the silence of the room. Then, followed by three funny knocks on the door. The scruffy-looking man gave a short `come in' and in stepped, Albus Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
“I didn't expect you, Dumbledore to be late. You're always so punctual on time especially on certain appointments.” He said with an annoyed look on his face.
The headmaster merely smiled and walked to a seat. “May I…?” He asked.
“Ah yes. Sit, please do sit!” The man gestured his guest to a seat and quickly returned back to his comfy chair. “May I inquire-?”
“Why am I late? Am I correct? It seems like a young Snoutpoke has taken quite a liking to my very broomstick. It nibbled off a couple of the straws before Hagrid caught him. Devilish little fellow he is.” Dumbledore replied. “Now, Cornelius. What is it you want to talk about?”
Yes. The scruffy-looking man was indeed Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic. Fudge's face fell slightly at the mention of the half-giant, Rubeus Hagrid. “Dumbledore, don't you think that-?”
“Hagrid is a nice fellow and an excellent teacher and he should be trusted at this manner.” Dumbledore interrupted before the Minister got to finish his questions. “I trust Hagrid, Cornelius so not to worry about it. I thought that this matter has already been talk about at the Ministry. There's no need to repeat this once again. Am I right, Minister?”
Cornelius flinched at Dumbledore's comment. It was never a matter he never wanted to barge into. It's just that he felt that it was not safe to leave the promising students with Hagrid for he feared that Hagrid will hurt them in his way. Don't care if he's a half-man or not. But again, Dumbledore has his reasons to trust the half-giant. After all, the man has the reasons to everything, regardless if it's pointless or not.
So…for now, the minister preferred to set this subject aside for a time being and went on to the main topic.
“I'm sorry to have to doubt on your trust for the half-giant-“
“Hagrid, Cornelius. Hagrid.” Again, Dumbledore interrupted politely.
Cornelius Fudge shifted uncomfortably in his seat. “Hagrid, right.” He muttered softly, truly feeling distaste at the name.
Fudge cleared his throat and added, “There has been news that some Death eaters has been sighted in a town near Hogsmeade. I haven been ask to warn you about this. Since Hogsmeade is quite near to Hogwarts, the students might be in danger. And as you can see, you-know-who is on the rise as we speak. The Ministry surely do not want any more casualties as what have happen last year in the Department of Mysteries…”
Dumbledore quietly took a sip out of his cup which he had conjured up since Fudge didn't offer him any drinks.
“I say, Dumbledore. Have you been listening to me?” Fudge asked, arching his left eyebrow.
Dumbledore stood up, ran his hand through his long white beard in a thoughtful look. “Perhaps I am, Minister and perhaps I'm not. Voldermort…”
For the second time that night, the Scruffy Minister twitched at the mention of the name of you-know-who. Dumbledore, however, chose to ignore this and continued, “ Voldermort is, like what you have said, on the rise as we speak. He might have gotten or even found a new power source which might revive the Dark Age for the second time. But I trust that we have seen or heard enough of these rumors. We'll be alert on the news.”
Fudge sighed and exclaimed, “But surely we have to do more than just wait Albus! These are dangerous Death Eaters for heaven's sake! The Dementors-..”
“I will not have Dementors on my school ground again, Minister. I thank you for your concern but the Dementors have done more than enough. One student almost lost his soul by one of them. I'm sure that you will ensure that incidents like this won't repeat itself again, Cornelius?”
Fudge immediately fell silent after that. Never in his dreams that a dementor trying to suck out the soul of an innocent child ever in the history in the wizarding world. Probably it's the student's fault for prowling around the school grounds after bed. But still a dementor attacking a student! This is ridiculous! Fudge dismissed the thought and stared at Dumbledore, waiting for him to continue his conversation turned lecture.
Dumbledore made his way through the small and crowded room and stopped beside the Minister. He gave a kind smile while still facing the window. “Not to feel quilty of, Cornelius. The attack has been quite surprising really that the Dementor has mistaken a child for Sirius Black.”
Fudge lazily nodded. “It's a miracle that you all arrive just in time or one innocent life will be lost.”
“Since that the matters have been fully discussed. I shall take my leave. I have other matters to attend.” Dumbledore said before stalking towards the door. When he was about to open the door, Fudge stopped him.
“Dumbledore, what's the hurry? I'm afraid that we still have yet one important matter to discuss.” Fudge stood and walked towards Dumbledore.
“What other matter?”
“Four. Four new students will be attending Hogwarts. Do I have your permission to do so?”
Dumbledore turned to face the now annoyed Minister. “What about these four students?”
“The Ministry has recently found out that four teenagers, in Japan have extraordinary abilities which can become a dangerous weapon when fought upon. And we feared that you-know-who might take this chance to recruit new Death eaters or this might be the source of power that he wanted for the past few years. The Ministry has already implanted several watchers to protect them from any harm. None of the schools wanted to accept them due to their abilities. They feared that they might turn against them. They of course, need proper schooling to ensure that their abilities will not be use in the wrong path. And I also heard that these teenagers have the ability to summoned a ghost and able to use them at will.”
Looking at the headmaster, Fudge was wishing that Dumbledore will accept the students. If he do not want to accept them, there will no school who will offer to do so. Thus, the teenagers will have a greater chance of exposing themselves in danger. As if you-know-who wasn't a big problem in the wizard society already.
After a few moments of silence, Dumbledore answered, “Very well. I will take matters into my own hands. The students are all muggle-borns and they have potentials which should not go to waste.”
“That's great news, Dumbledore!” Fudge exclaimed. “I shall immediately inform the Ministry straight away!”
“No. They're my future students. I should be the one to inform them about this. Owls and letters will be sent immediately by me.”
“But Dumbledore!” Fudge fumed. “This situation calls for more than a letter!”
“Cornelius. Cornelius. They will receive a letter and a visit from me to inform them of this situation. They are not of yet exposed to any magic and I think that they will probably think of this as another joke from a random person.”
“This is ridiculous, Dumbledore! The Ministry has every right to inform them!”
`That is why I have to meet them myself.”
Fudge has now turned a molten purple. He continued to fume as he grabbed 4 rolls of parchments from his cloak and threw it onto the table before angrily stomped off. Dumbledore stared after the angry Minister before turning his head away to look at the parchments. He read them one by one and thought out loud.
“Asakura Hao, Asakura Yoh, Horo Horo and Tao Ren…”
A knock on the door knocked his attention away from the parchments. Dumbledore tilted his head to look at the person who interrupted his reading. A bald man, bended back had just entered the room, each of his hands holding a tray in which Dumbledore beamed happily at.
“Ah! Tom…The plate which I ordered earlier. Leaky Cauldron's Specialty: Whipped Goose with extra Marshmallows.”
------------------
""Goku! I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"But Vegeta, we're already dead!"
- Goku and Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)
-----------------
Suki: Yay! Finished this chapter! Woot! So, double yay! I'm going to do the next one soon. Um..the whipped goose thingy ain't that weirdly sound. Sorry for that. After reading this, please click on that button to review. TwT
If you support me to continue this fic, REVIEW AND REVIEW please!
Cookies for everyone who read and review…? -Hand out cookies happily-