Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Little Red Fox ❯ Enter the She-Devil ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A quick announcement. You will finally be seeing plot changes and additions soon. I am terribly sorry that I skipped the fight with Ren but I am writing a fanfiction, not a text only version of the manga. Seeing as how Akakistune was within her memorial tablet none of the dialogue would have changed during the fight. And there is a plot reason for Akakitsune not seeing the fight.

A note on my grammar and spelling. I know it's terrible and that's why I have beta readers. They catch the mistakes, I memorize them, I improve without having to re-write the whole story like I did with my first fan fiction.

From now on I am uploading chapters before they are beta read for safety. I have heard many stories of people sending their fictions to a beta reader and the beta reader stealing the fiction. I currently have three people I send this fiction to so that I have some one to back me up in case one of them steals it. Even though all three of them are close friends and I don't think they'd steal from me. But, I'm looking for more beta readers (Hint hint.)

One last thing. Sorry for not updating quickly, I've been ill the past few weeks so I've not been able to bother with writing anything but HTML. I'm still sick but I have a little inspiration, exsept updates about once a month on any one of my stories.

Chapter three: Enter the She-Devil.

Akakitsune blinked as she came from her memorial tablet. She took a quick look around the white room with slight interest. Akakitsune was jarred lightly from her thoughts as her recently given nickname was called. "Aka?" Aka turned around and saw manta sitting on a chair with Amidamaru beside him. She looked at Manta and blinked once more. "Ano.. Where are we?" "The hospital." Manta replied. "Byouin?" She said blinking rapidly. "Ano.." "It's a place where serious injuries are treated." Manta replied softly. He had almost forgotten that she had been asking what cars and street lights were only days ago.

Aka looked at Yoh as he laid on the hospital bed in an unconscious state. "Dou shimashite ka?" "Yoh was attacked. By another shaman that is. The one I was telling you guys about." Manta replied with a little hesitance. Aka was about to say something when she heard Yoh yell. Aka cringed as the black haired boy pleaded for his grandfather to not hit him. Aka looked at Yoh inquisitively as he lowered his hands from their defensive position. Manta stuttered Yoh's name as Amidamaru started to cry tears of joy. "Yoh sama has awakened! I was so worried about him."

Akakitsune couldn't help but wonder if Amidamaru was really a man and not a female in disguise with how easily he wept.

There was a short moment where the only sound was of Amidamaru's soft weeping. then Yoh spoke up. "I get it. The ruler of shamans that Ren was talking about must be the shaman king." Aka and the others looked at Yoh with confused expressions. Yoh continued to babble as Aka's mind started to run circles around it's self in an attempt to decipher Yoh.

"Whoa! Hold the phone!" Manta yelled.

"What's a phone?"

Manta chose to ignore Aka's question and continued. "What on earth are you talking about?!" Aka cringed at manta's yell. Why did he have to be so screechy? Amidamaru was crying lightly. "He makes no sense,,, But I'm glad he's all right. I felt more dead than usual. I was distraught." Aka secretly wondered how a ghost can feel any more dead than they already were. After all, she had never felt any more dead that usual.

Yoh put his head phones on as manta shrieked questions.

"I wonder if this is normal in this era." Aka said softly. No one heard her.

" Oh settle down." Said a strong female voice. Aka blinked and looked to the door way. Standing there was a girl with dark blonde hair that went past her shoulders a few inches past her shoulders. On the girl's head was a crimson bandanna. Aka blinked and looked at the girl's golden brown eyes which were framed by short strands of hair at the side of her face. The girl was wearing a sleeveless black dress that was so short aka wondered if it was legal to wear it in public. Prayer beads adorned the girl's neck and wooden sandals clad her feet.

"An I came all this way expecting to find you in a coma."

Aka blinked at the girl and then at manta as he charged right up to the girl. "Hey! Hold it right there! Who are you anyway? Are you sure you have the right room?"

Yoh cringed as the girl glared at manta and slapped him half way across the room. "Don't talk to me like that you shrimp." the girl said. She looked around the room and at everyone in it. She then continued. "I'm a shaman, Anna the Itako. Yoh Asakura's fiancée."

At that point Manta's jaw seemed to drop to the floor, saying he was stunned would be an understatement. "Fiancée?!" He looked to Yoh who in turn nodded. "Um... Anna, How did you find me?" Yoh inquired. Anna looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "You forgot my specialty, I'm an Itako. Remember. I can summon spirits from anywhere. Even their eternal rest. The spirits of Funibari Hill have kept me well informed on your activities.

"So, How have you been Yoh? I haven't seen you since Kino and I went home for new years."

Yoh looked nervous as manta started yelling. "What?! You and Yoh are both shamans and you grew up together?"

"You catch on quick." Anna retorted as she sat on an empty hospital bed. She sighed tiredly. "It's amazing how thirsty you can get just walking around Tokyou." She looked side long at Manta. "Hey you, go get me a soda." Manta looked at her like she was insane. "NANI? Why on earth should I?!"

Anna glared at him again and hit him harder than the first time. "Noisy little shrimp aren't you? What are you to Yoh anyways?" Manta blinked at her dumbfounded. "What am I to Yoh? I'm his friend!" "Then you had better stay on my good side then. The orders of the future wife of the shaman king will be obeyed." Anna said with such a glare that manta ran out of the room sniveling.

"Ano,, Anna San. I need to use the restroom... I'll be right back." Yoh said as he got off the hospital bed.

"Fine. Just don't run away." Anna said nonchalantly.

"I won't." Yoh said walking out of the room.

Anna immediately turned to Aka. "So you're the 'foul beast' the ghosts were talking about. You are hardly what I'd call foul, let alone a beast." Aka pulled a red, silk fan with a firefly design on it out of her obi and used it to hide her face. Anna raised an eyebrow. "Those other ghosts were fools. You are just a child with a lot of questions, even if you are a demon." Anna pulled the fan down lightly. "Now don't be a chicken, you're dead, only other ghosts and shamans can hurt you so that narrows down the numbers a little. Your cowardice is annoying." Aka nodded slowly. "Gomen nasai Anna sama." Anna rubbed her temples. "A demon calling a human sama, you're truly pathetic." Aka nodded. "Hai." The look on Anna's face was of one in disbelief. The red fox had agreed with her on one thing that no living being should ever agree to.

Anna was about to say something when a certain samurai caught her attention. "Oh no you don't." She yelled as she turned to face Amidamaru. She pulled out a pair of prayer beads and threw them at the samurai, effectively tying him up. Aka blinked. "Kowai."

a few moments passed and Yoh walked in with manta. Amidamaru immediately looked at Yoh. "Who is this she devil!"

"She's Yoh's future mate." Aka said quietly. Some how she thought they'd et along well some how.