Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Shaman King America ❯ Jerome, Meet Shaman ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Shaman King America
By Mousa Touré
 
Episode 1: Jerome, Meet Shaman
“Crud man, I'm going to miss the metro!” cried Jerome as he was running down the road from school. He was wearing his usual green and white shirt and green pants and headband. He has blonde, spiky hair
“Sh-sh-shortcut! Through the h-h-haunted mansion.” Jerome made a left turn and tripped. He rolled down the hill unexpectedly, tumbling like a rock. Instead of gathering moss, he gathered grass stains. He hopped over the metal gate and ran through the backyard of the Mansion. The mansion was really tall and had a dark purple roof. The shudders were rotting, the windows were shattered and… oh, it could also use a new coat of paint. Jerome stopped as he saw a brown boy and girl. The boy wore a black coat and a white shirt that had a pink symbol on it.

Intrigued by this unusual sight, Jerome walked up to them. He felt strange. There was an unusual sensation in his stomach. His eyes burned and his ears rang. He rubbed his eyes and wondered what was going on. He recognized the boy as the dark kid in his class known as Mousa. No-one ever spoke to him for reasons unknown to Jerome for he only just got applied to George Hampton Otto School for Teens. Mousa and the girl seemed to be conversing with thin air.
Jerome was starting to get scared. He blinked his eyes a few times and suddenly, human beings started to appear everywhere. He saw they seemed normal except they had tails in place of their legs. Jerome's sky blue eyes grew as he saw all theses people appearing everywhere. Jerome knew what was going deep in his heart. His heart opened up to something he denied for a very long time. And because Jerome is bad at dramatic moments like this one, he did the one thing anyone would do if they found out something they didn't want or understand.
“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Jerome screamed. His eyes popped out as he ran like no tomorrow. He ran so fast that he didn't need to take the train. He out ran it by 2 miles.
Jerome started seeing ghosts everywhere. He was scared. He ran quickly to his home and locked the door. Jerome's Mom walked up to him after hearing the door slam.
“Jerome, what is wrong?” Jerome's mom asked.
“Mom can I tell you a secret. I see dead people” Jerome whispered.
 

 
The next morning, on Saturday, Jerome walked to the haunted mansion from the subway.
`That was no dream. That was freaky! I have to find that guy.' Jerome thought as he climbed over the fence to the backyard of the mansion. He saw the boy again and the ghosts as well.
“You're a shaman.” Mousa suddenly said darkly as he finally looked at Jerome in the eyes. Jerome just stared and then awkwardly responded.
“I-I-I am n-n-not! I don't kn-kn know what you're talking about.”
“Shut it wormy. I can explain this better than you. You used to know you were a shaman but because everyone called you a freak you had to transfer several times and the more you were made fun of, the less you liked being a shaman so eventually you forgot about being a shaman until now when my appearance reawakened the shamanic power within you.” There was a long awkward silence. Jerome just stared with his mouth wide open. He jammed his mouth shut and shook his head.
“Okay, you're right.” Jerome replied as he closed his eyes. “I just wanted to forget all about it. I guess it's the reason why everyone at school shuns you.”
“And Bingo was his nameo” said a female voice from behind the big grave Mousa was sitting on. The girl from the other night came from behind it. She was wearing a short sleeved, light blue shirt and baggy solider pants. Jerome is easily surprised and screamed.
“Ha ha ha! I know ghosts that died of fright that are braver than you!” The girl laughed. She didn't seem to have any intention of stopping. When she finally did stop, she wiped a tear from her eye and stuck out her hand. “Call me Mouna. My guardian ghost is Tsami the Dolphin.” Jerome suddenly hears a dolphin call and is all of sudden sitting on one and is flying on around wildly. His head shook around in all directions and his eyes spun. He was struggling to hold on to the Bucking dolphin. He eventually fell off.
“Oy ve.” Jerome moaned as he rubbed his head. “Wait a minute. If that was a ghost, how come I could feel it?” Jerome asked because ghost weren't physical beings. They were shadows of the dead.
“You've got a lot of learning to do if you dream of becoming Shaman King.” Mousa scowled. “We Shaman can are the only kind of human that can actually interact with ghosts in all ways.”
“Okay. So, when do I start my shaman training?” Jerome asked energetically.
“You're just about to my new friend. You're just about to. Heh heh heh, hahaha, HAHAHAHAHA!!!” Mousa laughed menacing as lightning strikes in the back round and the screen fads to black as Mousa gangs up on Jerome.
 

 
Mousa had Jerome running laps, crouch for hours, climb poles, keeping quiet, perform embarrassing rituals, and worst of all, meditating under raging, cold waterfalls. And it was all in one day too! By the end of the day, you could barely recognize Jerome. Probably because he grew muscles and bruises, in one day from all his Shaman training. Yesterday, Jerome was a scrawny, puny, worrisome human, today; he's a buff, and strong and in-training Shaman.
“Thanks Mousa,” Jerome moaned as he subbed his arm. “I can't wait for more Shaman training tomorrow. If I'm in one piece anyway.” Jerome suddenly felt a crack in his neck. “Now it's gonna feel like that all night!”
“You're welcome. Anything for a new Shaman in-training.” Mousa replied kindly. Only he struggled to sound nice. He went back to his mean voice again. “Now I want you here at exactly 08:00 hours sharp tomorrow and get a good night sleep! Friend…”
“Sir, yes…Pain…” Jerome replied weakly a he limped home.
“You do realize you're training him to fight you one day,” Mouna whispered to Mousa when Jerome was out of range.
“I know sis, I know.” Mousa sighed.
 
 
To Be Continued…
 
 
Off Panel. A.k.a.: Behind the scenes.
 
Jerome: So AC, When Can expect my ghost?
AC: Next episode. You'll love it. Trust me.
Mousa: And what about mine?
AC: Soon my friend. And guess what?
Mousa: What?
AC: Chicken butt. (Turns Mousa into a chicken)
Mousa: Not funny -_-
Jerome: Is too!
Mousa: I'll make you eat those words! (Starts pecking Jerome's Tongue)
Jerome: Ow! You already hurt everywhere else on my body.
AC: Oops! I just gave Jerome an irrational fear of chickens.
Jerome: It's not irrational. They're evil.