Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Shamanic Oyamada ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: To my anonymous reviewer(When the title was still Manta's Shamanic Itoko): I've done quite a bit of research, and haven't found anyone named Rei. Are you sure you didn't mean Ren? If you didn't, please tell me about this Rei character so I can adjust my fic accordingly.

Disclaimer: I Don't own Backstreet Boys or their song "Back to Your Heart" I don't want to, and if I could, I wouldn't. This song just seemed to fit the best.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Manta-san?" Amidamaru said sheepishly, interupting Manta's reading. "I need some advice………and you are by far the wisest of all I know………"

Manta was surprised but happy. "Advice on what, Amidamaru?"

"Girls." He said, and Manta fell out of his chair. "Utena specifically………I do not know how to make her happy with me again. I've tried talking to her but she ignores me………"

After Manta got over his initial shock, he pulled out a book (AN: Where does he keep those big things anyway?) titled "Dating for (Short) Dummies" "Lets see…Ch. 17, buy stilts………ch.23 try dating other midgets………Ah ha! Ch. 46! How to woo."

"What does it say, Manta-san?"

"Give her flowers………oh, wait, you can't hold the flowers………or a box of candy………or teddy bears………" Both were beginning to loose hope when: "I've got it! Serenade her!"

"I can do that!" He then sank into thought. "But what song?"

"Rei gave me just the CD for Christmas………It's an American boy band, but there's a song that works perfectly. Come on, I'll teach you the words."

"Thank you, Manta-san!"

* * *

Rei hadn't had any luck with Utena and eventually went to bed out of frustration. She was just drifting off to sleep when she heard the worst sound ever………someone was butchering some poor defenseless song.

"………Tell me the words to say/the road to take/to find a way back to your heart/what can I do/to get to you/and find a way back to your heart………" (AN: Franky howls somewhere far off.)

And did it have to be that song? Wait, didn't she give that CD to Manta? Another cousin had given it to her for her birthday, and she knew Manta liked music, so she gave it to him.

"……… I don't know how it got so crazy/but I'll do anything to set things right/because your love is so amazing/baby you're the best thing in my life………"

"Rei-chan………what is that terrible sound?" Utena asked, emerging from her tablet. "It kinda sounds like Maru-baka………"

"I don't know, but either make up with him or put him out of his misery." Rei pulled a pillow over her head. "The living around here still need sleep."

Utena floated to the window just in time to see Anna open the window a few rooms down, throw a shoe, and go back to bed. (AN: No clue why they're still at Manta's……….) The shoe went through Amidamaru, who continued singing, and hit Manta right in the head, knocking him, and the CD player out of the chair he'd been standing in, stopping the music and the "Serenade".

"Oh well, that takes care of that………night Rei-chan."

Rei rolled her eyes and went back to sleep.

"Do you think it worked, Manta-san?"

"I hope so." Manta rubbed a large bump on the side of his head.

* * *

Horo Horo had a nearly evil glint in his eye as he slipped the door to Rei's room open.

"Someone get Rei up for breakfast." Manta had said.

`With pleasure.' He thought in response as he neared the bed.

"A kiss for sleeping Beauty!" He pronounced, leaning forward and kissing her.

Unfortunately for him, this did wake her up.

"What do you think you're doing?!?!" She demanded, slapping him hard across the face. "Do that again, and I'll have no problem using my katana………Utena isn't the only one who knows swordsmanship."

With that, she shoved him out the door, slammed it, locked it, and proceeded to get dressed.

"I swear! The nerve of some guys!" Rei ranted as her ghost sat there and listened, nodding every now and then.

She was over her rant by the time she got downstairs. Horo Horo jumped up to pull the chair out for her. She gave him a quick glare before sitting down.

"I'm very sorry." He said. "It wasn't gentlemanly of me, and I'll never do it again."

"Okay then." Rei said. Horo Horo smiled, and the others looked confused. Amidamaru floated in and saw Utena.

"Uta-chan?" He said. "I hoped you heard my serenade last night."

"How could I not?" She replied with the same cold tone she'd gained yesterday. "You kept Rei-chan up all night."

"Gomen………but………"

"Oh, for Pete's sake!" Anna cried, (AN: Who is this Pete guy anyway?) taking off her beads, throwing them around the two ghosts and tossing them to a corner. "Make up already."

"Or make out………" Horo Horo added, as he and Yoh began to chuckle.

"Rei-chan! How can you let her do this?"

"If you two don't make up, he might sing again." Rei replied, finishing her breakfast. "So………what are the plans today?"

"Maybe we could go to the Arcade." Yoh suggested.

"Yeah!" Manta exclaimed.

"No." Anna said. "You have to train, Yoh………and you might as well too."

Rei stared flatly back for a moment. "So where is the arcade?"

"Just downtown." Manta smiled cheerfully. Anna hated being ignored, but didn't say anything.

They got up from the table, and Rei looked towards the corner where the forgotten ghosts sat. She sweatdropped when she saw that they were kissing.

"Cute………but still kinda disturbing………"

"I didn't think they'd really make out." Horo Horo added.

"Hey lovebirds!" Anna yelled, snatching back her beads. "Break it up, no PDAs!"

"If you're going to make smoochies, get a room………preferably not mine………" Rei said, going to get her coat. She fastened her katana to her belt, and waited for the others.

The Arcade was nearly deserted when they got there which gave them a wide variety of games to play. Rei had just won her third game when the doors swung open.

"You're going to interact with other children if it's the last thing you do!" A green haired girl said, dragging a boy with black hair in………by the spike on the back of his head. "Now go make friends!"

With that she flung him into the nearest machine, which happened to be Rei's.

"Oh, little boy, are you lost?" She asked in a sweetly voice, squatting down to be eye level with him. "Do you need me to help you find your mommy?"

"Don't patronize me." He replied flatly. "I'm 16, and I'm not here with my mother, I'm here with my big sister."

He then looked confused as if to say "Did I really just say that?"

"Hey Ren!" Yoh called waving.

At this moment Utena and Amidamaru appeared.

"What did we miss, Rei-chan?"

"I've kicked Horo-kun's butt twice already!"

"Oh, so you're a shaman too?" Ren asked coldly. "And who are you here to train?"

"Um………myself………?"

"Excuse me?"

"I'm planning on taking part in the Shaman Fights."

"What?" Ren asked, laughing as if this were the funniest thing he'd ever heard. "Didn't anyone tell you the competition is for Shaman King?"

"I'm sure that's just a general title. There's no reason-" Rei started, but he cut her off.

"Sure there is. Girls are weaker then boys at everything, including being shamans. That's why it's Shaman King………a girl would crack under the pressure."

"Is that so?" She asked. "Wanna prove it?"

"Sure, but how?" Ren replied. "A Shaman fight?"

"No………I wouldn't want to interrupt Utena's free time with something this trivial." Rei replied coolly. "How about a video game tournament."

"You're on." He sneered. "How about we make a bet?"

"I've got it!" Rei got an evil glint looking from Ren's spike to her own long hair. "Winner cuts the loser's hair."

"Deal!"

They shook on it and quickly turned to the closest machine, ready to "battle".