Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Shamanic Oyamada ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: Merry Christmas minna-san!! Oh, BTW, I skipped a month or two, I hope that's ok………^___^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rei looked around, apparently someone liked Christmas a lot at Yoh's house. There were decorations everywhere. She and Manta went up the front walk and knocked on the door. Rei nearly dropped dead from laughing when Ryu answered. He was decked out in a full Santa suit.

"Merry Christmas!" He declared, smiling. "Come on in, Lyserg-kun, Jun and Ren are already here!"

They entered and said hello to everyone else.

"I'll get the hot cocoa!" Ryu smiled, heading into the kitchen. There was quiet chatter until……… "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Ryu stumbled in looking emotionally torn.

"What's wrong, Ryu?" Yoh asked.

"We're………out………..of…& #8230;…MARSHMELLOWS!!"

"It's okay." Rei smiled. "I can go pick some up at the store."

"Can I come too?" Lyserg asked, looking from Rei to Ryu.

"Yeah, can I come?" Horo Horo asked. "I want some ice cream."

"In December?" Manta asked. "Are you crazy?"

"No, I'm from Hokkaido."

"That explains it." Rei sighed, "Sure, come on."

"We'll open presents when you get back." Yoh said.

The three pulled their coats back on then started for the store. Besides the sales lady giving them odd looks for the ice cream, everything was pretty uneventful until………

"REI-CHAN!!!!!" A girl yelled grabbing her in a bone crushing hug. Her bag fell off her shoulder, and landed on Horo Horo's foot.

"AKARI-CHAN!!!!!" Rei exclaimed, hugging back.

"OW!" Horo Horo exclaimed. "You almost made me drop my ice cream."

Rei looked at her friend from Okinawa. Even in this weather she was wearing her favorite red hooded tank top and white shorts.

"Horo-kun, loan Akari-chan your coat." Rei said, looking at her friend.

"Why my coat?" He asked. "You and Lyserg have coats."

"You're used to this kind of weather, you're from Hokkaido after all."

"Hai, hai." He took off his coat and passed it to the shivering girl.

"What brings you up this way?" Rei asked as they headed back to Yoh's.

"Shaman Tournament, what else?"

"I'm starting to get a little cold………"

"I hope you've been training, I hear it'll be tough."

"Of course I have." Akari pulled a memorial tablet from her bag. "I even got a new ghost."

"Ok………make that really c-c-cold………"

"We're here!" Rei smiled, pulling her friend up the walk. She glanced behind her and saw Lyserg helping a semi frozen Horo Horo up the walk.

"Gomen, Horo-kun!" She said, running back to help. "Let's sit you by the fire and get you warmed up."

When the four entered, Anna scowled.

"We sent you after marshmallows, not another freeloader."

"She's not a freeloader, Anna-san, she's a friend and fellow shaman from Okinawa."

"MARSHMELLOWS!!!" Ryu exclaimed, happily taking the bag from Rei. "Now we can have hot cocoa! Want to help me fix it, Lyserg-kun?"

"No, I'd like to stay here by the fire, if that's ok………" Lyserg sweatdropped slightly, hoping this would be a good enough excuse.

"I think I've got something warmer you can wear." Anna sighed looking at Akari. She left the room and returned a moment later with a red and white sweat suit. "Just don't mess it up."

"Wow………was Anna……….nice?" Horo Horo asked, confused. He stopped laughing when Anna threw a wreath at his head.

"Ok everyone! Present time!" Ryu said, coming in with hot cocoa complete with marshmallows. He set it down just as the doorbell rang. "I'll get it."

He returned a moment later, Faust, Franky, and Eliza close behind.

"I hope you don't mind, but I brought fruitcake!" Faust smiled, holding up a petrified brick with red and green spots.

"The fruitcake brought fruitcake." Horo Horo mumbled.

"I know he likes dead things, bur we don't." Manta added.

And so they began the usual tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve.

Yoh took a large box from Manta.

"Wow! A Karaoke Machine! Who's up for an all night Bob sing-a-long?"

Anna took an oddly wrapped package from Horo Horo.

"Why did you give me a large candy cane, baka?"

"It's a peppermint log………and I thought you could use sweetening up!"

"Why you………"

"Anna-san, no throwing mugs………when they're still full of hot cocoa!"

Manta took a package from Rei.

"Great! `The Complete Guide To Everything You ever Wanted to Know About Shamans But Were Afraid To Ask' Thanks Itoko!"

Ryu took a box from Yoh.

"A brand new Bokuto care set? Now I can keep it polished to a healthy shine!"

Horo Horo took a large sack from Santa Ryu.

"Candy? Candycandtcandycandycandycandycandycandycandycandy!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"The world is doomed." Akari sighed. "I barely know him, and I can already guess those two shouldn't be mixed."

Next Jun and Bailong exchanged presents.

"A white dragon pendent? How were you able to get it?"

"I had Yoh-san pick it up for me." He smiled at her then opened his gift. "New num-chucks. I really needed some."

"I know. Your old ones got broken in the last fight we were in."

Ren made a gagging noise before taking his gift from Rei.

"A shark snow globe? Why did you give me a snow globe?"

"Well, I figured with the way you insist on wearing your hair and everything that you liked sharks."

"That was very nice, wasn't it, Onii-chan?" Jun asked.

"Kisama………" Ren mumbled.

Faust even had a present form Yoh.

"A rock garden. This will go wonderfully in my study at home!"

Manta scooted a little closer to Rei as Sakura and Morphin emerged to exchange gifts.

"Aww, isn't that cute?" Rei smiled at her small friends.

I'm glad to see they can finally get along." Lyserg added.

The two small pixies opened their gifts and saw a set of tiny gloves, booties, a scarf and a hat. Pink for Morphin, purple for Sakura. They put on their little winter outfits, and Rei smiled broader.

"Uta-chan………I've got something for you." Amidamaru smiled. He disappeared and reappeared a moment later with a small ghost kitty. "I remembers that you liked cats, and I thought you would like one now."

"Thank you, Maru-koi!" Utena hugged Amidamaru and then took the small cat. "I'll name her Yuneko!"

"Hey, Amidamaru!" Yoh called. "I got you a new Memorial tablet…that other one was getting a little worn."

"Thank you, Yoh-sama."

Rei noticed Horo Horo hadn't said anything, she looked over to see him happily staring out the window.

"Hey look guys, it's snowing!" She announced.

"Great!" Yoh pulled on his coat. "Last one out's a rotten egg!"

"Why didn't you tell us it was snowing, Horo-kun?" Rei asked, pulling on her own coat.

"I guess I'm used to it." He replied, getting his snowboard.

"Rei-san, you haven't gotten your gift yet." Lyserg said, holding out a small box.

"Oh, I have one for you too." Rei handed him a box, about the same size as the one she'd been given.

"Open yours first." They said in unison before laughing and unwrapping them.

Rei held up a purple crystal on a silver chain as Lyserg held up a green one.

"I saw it and thought of you." Rei explained, blushing slightly. "Was I right in assuming you like green?"

"Hai." He smiled back. "I thought you might like the purple one. None of the other colors they had seemed to fit you."

They both put on their crystals, and started for the door. Akari was standing there waiting for them. They stopped when Horo Horo stopped in front of her. He said something, then kissed her on the cheek.

"Mistletoe." He said, pointing up before heading outside.

"You look red enough to guide Santa's sleigh, Akari-chan." Rei teased her friend before grabbing one of her hands and one of Lyserg's and bolting out the door.

"Looks like we have three rotten eggs!" Yoh laughed before Horo Horo hit him with a snowball.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

How SK Characters say "Merry Christmas"

Ren: Kisama!

Jun: ::Slaps him upside the head.:: Say it right Onii-chan.

Ren: ::Forced.:: Merry Christmas………kisama.

Yoh: ::Snoreing.:: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz………Merry… 230;…Christmas……zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Horo Horo: CandycandycamdycamdycamdyMerryChristmascandycandycandycandycandy!!!!!

Anna: Baka. Where's my present?

Lyserg: ::Uses his pendulum thingy to write out "Happy Christmas!":: Have a Happy Christmas and a bloomin' good New Year!

Ryu: ::Still dressed in full on Santa suit.:: Feliz Navidad!

Avia-san: Latino tonto!

Faust: I prefer Halloween, but since Eliza always like Christmas better………merry Christmas!

Manta: ::Comes out using a crutch.:: God bless us, everyone!
Rei: Kawaii! ::Huggles Manta.::

Manta: Why do you do that?

Rei: You're so cute………kinda like a chibi………

Akari: Rei-chan, our line………?

Rei: Oh Yeah!

Rei and Akari: Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!