Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Dragon ❯ 12:30 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yoh cringed awake. His muscle ached and it didn't help that HoroHoro and Ryu had their limbs flopped over him. He crawled out of bed and checked his clock. 12:30. Yoh jumped up and screamed at the top of his lungs. Kororo, Amidamaru, and Tokageroh sprung awake. Kororo hid under her lily pad, Tokageroh became a lizard and crawled out the window, and Amidamaru rushed to his Shaman's side.
"Yoh-san, what's wrong?" The stunned boy held the clock up to Amidamaru, who immediately proceeded to scream as well. This time, Horohoro and Ryu shot up in bed.
"Damn, Yoh." Horohoro said sleepily, pushing his wild hair back up and tying it in place with his bandana, "What's with all the noise?"
"Yeah, I was-a just starting to get some peaceful sleep."
"It's 12:30, guys." Yoh quickly rummaged through his clothes, pulling them on, "Something's going on and we need to figure out what-"
"Strikeleftshoulderrightkneetempleneck2times." It was Anna's voice from outside. Following each command was a light thud. The three Shamans rushed outside to find Anna giving commands to what seemed like a giant black swish. The 'swish' slowed to a stop and back off of a battered practice dummy. It turned out to be a girl, only about 13, with short black hair, dark skin, and what seemed to be dark brown eyes. She was dressed in a black shirt that revealed her abdomen with black fishnet stockings along both her arms, a black headband, a black choker that was made from a torn belt, black flare jeans, and white Spalding tennis shoes (just to off-set the whole gothic theme). She held a wooden katana in her left hand and stood between the dummy and Anna, a determined look across her face.
"Others have arrived, Anna-sensei." her words caused Yoh, Horohoro, and Ryu to double over in laughter, but only until they felt Anna glare send an ice cold shock down their spines.
"You keep your mouths shut, and your guardian spirits away from Kirara. She's here for Shaman training, but lacks her own. I don't want her to find a liking for a certain kind. Your spirits are only allowed in your room and in the dining room until my word."
Ryu pouted and went on about how hard it was to keep an evil spirit on bay.
"Shut it, Ryu, Kirara needs this practice to keep in shape. Now sit and watch."
They sat down on the edge of the front porch and watched silently as Kirara's training continued. She followed Anna's commands to almost a 'T'.
"Strikeleftshouldernecktemple... Slashleftrightupcrossneckstrikeleftshoulder2times!" Kirara struck and slashed the dummy then backed off, waiting for her next instructions, "Switch bow and arrows."
She tossed the katana aside, walked back to a pile of weapons, and pulled out a bow and quiver of arrows. Returning to her spot before the dummy, Anna resumed the commands.
"2arrowscenterchest3arrowsabdomen1arrowleftshoulder5arrowsone spotneck." Kirara's arrows flew in bevies of 2, 3, 1, and 5, striking each spot perfectly. The five arrows even struck one particular spot on the neck of the dummy, all pointing inwards, "Retrieve arrows and switch to spear."
She pulled out each arrow in their groups and returned them to the quiver on her back, turning on her heel to head back towards the weaponry pile. Just as she brought out a spear that closely resembled the one Ren used, Manta arrived.
"Hey everyone! Sorry I'm late, I was up all night studying and-"
"Sssssh!" Yoh got up and picked Manta up, covering his mouth, "Anna's got a new victim, we're watching her train."
"Cool!"
"Will you shut up? We need to concentrate!", Anna hissed then continued with Kirara, "Stabchest2times...(and it goes on like that...)...switch to whip."
The dummy seemed to be barely holding on to life, and Anna's first command to strike it on the right cheek was enough to break its back. Or neck as it was. The dummy's head went spinning off its body and tumbling across the yard. Kirara rolled her whip up and started back towards the pile.
"Hold it, Kirara. We still have some things you can practice with." The three Shamans and Manta looked all around the yard until, in gross shock, they realized who Anna was referring to, "HoroHoro."
The gloomy ice Shaman trudged up before the decapitated dummy and attempted to look ready for anything.
"You're just going to stand there, baka." His expression diminished as Kirara walked back to her spot on the lawn and unfurled her cat-o'-nine tails whip, "Now-"
Anna called out Kirara's targets and she struck them sharply, causing HoroHoro to cry out in pain, but his whimpers and groans had no effect on the girl. She simply followed as told, without missing a beat, "Catchrightwristandlassothenprepareforhandtohand."
HoroHoro felt the whip wrap around his wrist and pull him forward, spinning him into the whip. He stopped short of Kirara's face. Her eyes were a real black, to his surprise. She smirked and yanked down on the whip, sending HoroHoro flying off like a dime-store top. His cry could be heard as he tumbled into the street, nearly missing a Semi. Kirara threw her whip back into the pile and turned around, taking a fighting stance.
"Yoh, come up here and be the dummy."
"That-a should be easy for you, shouldn't it?" Ryu joked. Yoh smiled and shrugged taking his place before the now fallen dummy.
"Begin..." Kirara punches and kicks were blocked off by Yoh's arms and legs "dropandround!"
Yoh put his arm over his head to block the drop kick, but Kirara's shin connected with his side and rocketed him in the rock/fence nearby. She landed on both feet in a crouch then rose to stand upright.
"You have a lot of potential, Kirara ('That's an understatement'~Manta). But without a guardian spirit, this ability to use any method of attack will get you nowhere." Anna went inside and came back with a few scrolls, "We'll be back soon, we going to go find a spirit for Kirara."
Just as the boys thought they had a free day, a familiar blue haired girl arrived on the scene, carrying HoroHoro under her shoulder.
"Just on time, Pirika. They over-slept till 12:30. Make sure their work-out makes up for it."
"No problem."
-fin-
Iris: There... Baka Amerika-jin went down the toilet, but if you want, you can finish the story on your own time. I dun like Ethan anymore (the story was a plot to get him to like me) so I trashed the story. I hope he chokes on some Valentine's Day chocolate.