Skip Beat! Fan Fiction ❯ White Day ❯ White Day Teddy ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own any rights to 'Skip Beat!' or its characters. This work is not for profit.

Having received such a thoughtful gift from Kyoko on Valentine’s Day, a jelly instead of chocolate. He grinned as he thought about it, remembering her shy face as she presented it and then her excited explanation about how she realized he didn’t like chocolate and her nervousness when he was eating it. He shook his head of the thoughts and walked down the corridor, heading for his dressing room in order to get ready for his drama, Kyoko’s gift wrapped in pink and white paper under his arm.


Ren was hoping that she would like his return gift for White Day. He’d bought her a small white stuffed bear with red hearts for the pads of all four feet and a little pink heart for a nose. He knew that she liked cute things and hoped that such an off-hand thing as it seemed to be wouldn’t get her eccentric side up. He could just imagine how Kyoko would react to receiving a gift on White Day, he was sure she had never gotten anything from Sho before. Though he couldn’t be entirely sure about that, which was why he had an elaborate plan for her birthday present. He was certain of that one that she had never gotten specifically just a birthday present. She had mentioned when they were younger that she celebrated her birthday early along with Christmas. But as he pictured Kyoko’s face when receiving his White Day gift he had to give an exasperated chuckle. Her face was beet red and shocked, she would splutter and tell him that he hadn’t had to get her anything. Her chocolates had been made for everyone after all. He would calmly explain that it was simply the tradition of the day... just to make sure she believed it he had gotten white chocolates for all of his coworkers that had given him chocolates on Valentine’s Day. His excuse for hers being a teddy bear instead of chocolate would be that she hadn’t given him chocolate either – it was only fair. He would have to be careful though, or Yashiro might suspect something even more behind the gesture and Ren couldn’t have that.


He moved along the busy hallways and finally came to his room, his huge stash of white chocolates, each wrapped for the separate person they were for, filled over half of the room. He shook his head at what he deemed a necessary expense and set Kyoko’s gift on his dressing room vanity. He set to work getting ready for his role and was nearly finished when Yashiro came in.


Yashiro blinked at him for a few moments after taking in all the gifts in the room, “Ren? Did you get gifts on White Day as well? That’s rather odd...”


Ren chuckled, “No these are my gifts to everyone else. For a job well done and only for those coworkers who gave me chocolate.”


Yashiro smiled, Ren was being human for once and not a work machine. “Well that’s nice. You don’t usually do that.” A sly look crossed his handsome face, “There wouldn’t be a specific reason for you to do it this year would there?”


Ren just shook his head, “Not at all. I already told you what they were for.”


Yashiro just gave him a look, which he ignored and finished getting ready. “Would you mind handing them out? From what I’ve seen of the schedule I won’t be able to reach everyone today with how much filming I’ll be doing.”


Yashiro nodded his head, “Of course, which ones would you like to give yourself?”


Ren pointed out the one on the vanity and gathered several others – the ones for the people he’d be filming with today – and set them with it. “I’ll do these ones myself.”


Another nod and Yashiro gathered up an armful and set off to deliver them, since Ren had put the name of who it was too on each, it wouldn’t be hard to get them to everyone. And if the people they were to weren’t at the set today he could set them aside to be sent out once he was done with the in-house deliveries.


Ren smiled and gathered up his own armful before heading to the set, hopefully he wouldn’t have to worry about Yashiro poking fun at him for getting Kyoko something other than chocolate now. He found each woman easily and handed over their chocolates. Each were excited and thanked him profusely which was rather embarrassing and reminded him of the reason he never did this. But he shook his head and plunged on anyway. It was almost time for filming to begin and he had only Kyoko’s gift left... she hadn’t shown up yet. With a worried frown he sat in a chair and waited, hoping she was alright, she was never late.


Kyoko came in just before they started, luckily her scene wasn’t for a couple of shots and she was able to apologize to everyone and quickly change before she was on. Once their scene was over and Kyoko seemed less rushed Ren walked over to her with his gift. “Here’s your White Day gift from me Miss Mogami.”


She had the expected reaction; she flushed and stuttered out a thank you before opening it. Kyoko’s eyes got huge and he watched as she went off into her little world for a few seconds upon seeing the small bear. But then she came crashing back to reality and Ren braced himself, “But... why a bear?”


“Well you made me jelly, so I thought it only fair to think outside the box. Do you like it?” Ren asked, a little afraid that she didn’t.


Kyoko smiled, “I love it. Thank you.” She hugged the bear to her chest and giggled, “Oh this just made my day so much better! I was late because of Shou...” She frowned and buried her head in the teddy bear, “He wrote me a song... it’s so lame I slapped him for it.” She looked up and grinned at Ren, “This is much better! He writes songs for everyone so it meant nothing at all to me. But this is very thoughtful.” She cuddle the bear some more and all Ren could do was smile.


“I’m glad you like it.” He was a little upset that Sho gave her a gift at all, but the kid was always trying to out-do him and beat him in their supposed contest for Kyoko’s affections. /Heh, looks like I’ve won this round Shou./ He thought to himself as they finished up filming for the day.