Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Catch My Heart ❯ Hanamichi's Rival ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Haruko-san. Hanamichi first fell in love with her when she asked him to join the basketball team. At that time, he hated basketball so much. But because of her, he threw away his immaturity and joined. It was all thanks to her.
"Haruko-san! Ohayou!" Hanamichi said, merrily. "I bought us some drinks! ... Is ocha fine with you?"
"Waah!" Haruko exclaimed. "Thank you, Sakuragi-kun!"
Hanamichi sat next to her. As they both opened their drinks, Hanamichi thought, No one else could possibly make me any happier.
"Sakuragi-kun," Haruko said. "Are you enjoying basketball? You've improved so much!"
"Of course! It's all thanks to you, Haruko-san!" Hanamichi smiled. Haruko-san was so kind to him.
At the worst time, Rukawa rode his bicycle passed by them.
"Oi Rukawa! You're late to morning practice!" Akagi-captain shouted.
"Sumimasen. Gori-- I mean, Captain" Rukawa said, "I slept in again."
Grrr, that damn Rukawa! Hanamichi thought to himself. He's so lame. How could Haruko-san possibly like this punk?
Hanamichi looked over at Haruko. She was staring at Rukawa, with heart-eyes and her hands cupping her cheeks.
Seeing her made him even more mad. Damn! He thought to himself. I'll definitely change her mind about him. She belongs with me.
"Alright everybody! Practice is over! I'll be expecting you guys here after school today!" Akagi-captain said. Everyone headed to the locker room.
"Wahahaha! My genius skills are improving" Hanamichi bragged. "Even Haruko-san said so!"
"Do'ahou." Rukawa whispered.
"What!? Shut up, you kitsune!" Sakuragi was mad. Rukawa had already ruined his morning. Calm down, tensai. Sakuragi told himself. This lame punk is not worth your time. Or Haruko's. Become more mature!!
Everyone changed and headed to their classrooms.
As Sakuragi headed out the gym, his friends, Youhei and the others, were waiting for him.
"Oi, Sakuragi! Over here." Youhei called him over.

As Sakuragi walked up to his classroom, he looked at Rukawa. They gazed at each other for about 10 seconds, then turned away.
"Hmph." Rukawa said, brushing his black hair out of his face. "Do'ahou."
"Sakuragi," Youhei said. "Have you heard? Rumors say that Rukawa likes someone."
"Like I care, hah! That kitsune can go die in a hole."
Sakuragi brushed this off. Why would he care if Rukawa liked someone? But he had a terrible feeling about this.
SCENE 2 AFTER SCHOOL AND BASKETBALL PRACTICE
"Hey everyone! Let's go Karaoke!" Ayako announced. "We finished practice early, so let's go!"
"Yeah! That's a great idea!!" Haruko agreed. "Let's go!"
Everyone agreed and went to the nearest karaoke studio.
"I'm gonna sing first!" Ayako stood up. "Let's go~~ BUTTERFLY by KODA KUMI!"
As she sang, Ryota couldn't stop staring at her. She's so sexy. He thought to himself.
"Alright, I'm next!" Hanamichi shouted. "Let's g--!"
Suddenly, Ryota grabbed the mic from him. "Sorry Hanamichi, but I'm singing after Aya-chan?"
"What! Not fair-!"
"Alright! Ikenai Taiyou by ORANGE RANGE!"
Everyone sang along, except Rukawa. I'm surrounded by Do'ahous. He thought to himself.