Slayers Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Magic in Nerima! ❯ 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: None of the series, characters, or locations mentioned in this story are owned by the author of this story unless stated otherwise.
This chapter's kind of long because I was unwilling to just let the Tofu/Kasumi part be posted by itself. Sorry if it's too long for anyway...
Also, any glaring errors will be fixed tomorrow 'cause I'm too lazy to fix it right now and I would like to get a response soon.
---Chapter 3: The good fang---
“HI-YAAAA!” Genma practically screamed as he met with his son in the air in identical high jump kicks, their equal momentum forcing both to stop in mid-air.
Right above the Koi Pond.
“Uncle-Saotome, Ranma-kun!” Kasumi called out. “Breakfast is ready!”
“Oh, thank you, Kasu-“
The two descended, and with a mighty splash reverted to their cursed forms.
-
Genma had already started eating while his son-turned-daughter was drying herself off.
-Starting today, I have a part-time job,- Genma-panda signed.
“Oh really,” Ranma started. “You working for a zoo, pop?” she asked as she wrung out her shirt.
“I hear they're having a problem with the Panda Breeding program,” Ranko spoke up. Before Genma could respond, she continued, raising her chopsticks in a thoughtful gesture. “I don't think I'm ready for a younger brother or sister. Especially by a different mother, when ours is still very much alive.”
-WROO-O-ONG!- Genma-panda signed with veins near popping. Behind the anger however, was an odd mixture of fear and repulsion. It was one thing for Ranma to suggest such a thing, but for his daughter…and to sound so serious about it, too…
“Oh, then you'll be joining a circus?” Ranko said in a somewhat sure voice.
-WRONGWRONGWRONG-
“So, Ranma, morning work-out, huh?” Soun commnted jovially as he walked by the younger boy/girl, with a toothbrush in his mouth.
“Just trying to keep in shape!” the cheerful girl said as she wrung out her shirt and turned to face the older man with her bountiful beauties bouncing forth. Soun responded by nearly swallowing his toothbrush.
“You are unbelievable!” yelled out his fiancée as she poured a kettle of boiling water over the girl. “Have you NO feminine modesty?!” She demanded.
“Why should I have feminine modesty?”
“Ranko!” Akane yelled, turning to her friend.
“Why should he?”
“Because he looks just like you when he's a girl!” Akane yelled, face red. Ranko suddenly looked at Ranma.
“So?” the twins asked, impatiently.
“That means he'll be giving the pervert boys at school a peepshow of YOUR body,” Akane said, punctuating the `Your' by pointing at Ranko, “Every time he turns into a girl!”
“Huh,” Ranko blinked. “Ranma, learn some feminine modesty.” Ranma sighed.
“I guess I could do it at school. I mean it's not like I want to give those pervs a peepshow of my own sister,” he said, glaring at Nabiki, who only smiled back at him. Ranko looked back and forth at the two- Since Nabiki hadn't been there to take credit about the pictures…
“By the way, Akane,” Kasumi spoke up, “On your way home from school, could you stop by Tofu's? I borrowed this book from him, and I'd like you to return it,” the girl said. Both Ranko and Ranma gave Akane side-glances.
“Actually…I don't think today is a goo—“
“She'd love to go,” The twins blurted out simultaneously before blinking at each other. Akane glared at Ranma and then Ranko for a moment.
“Let's go to school!” Akane yelled abruptly, ending their breakfast and pulling the twins by their hair. She sprinted to school, and on the way there, Ranma was splashed with a ladleful of water courtesy your neighborhood crone.
“Akane, wait a sec!” Ranma said urgently.
“Yeah, hold up already!” Ranko yelled out just as agitated.
“Shut up, both of you!” She yelled. When they were in the yard, she immediately slammed her now female fiancé and friend into the wall, a hand on each one's chest. “Why don't the both of you keep your big mouths shut!?” She asked, livid.
“What do you mean, `big mouth?'” Ranma asked.
“I mean about Tofu-sensei and…” Akane gawked at Ranma's chest. She opened the other girl's shirt to double check and stared incredulously. Ranma looked down at her, patiently. “Wh-when…”
“I told you to wait!” Ranma said indignantly.
“Uh, Akane,” Ranko said.
“Don't think you're off the hook either!” She yelled, grabbing Ranko by the chest and pulling her against the wall, closer to Ranma.
“Akane-“ Ranko started, pointing behind the other girl.
“What is…” Akane turned around, only to see the Hentai Horde leaning in on the three.
“Hey! Get your eyes outta there!” Ranma squealed, covering herself.
“Okay!” Akane yelled out, turning around to get in a fighting stance. “Who's first?” She demanded.
However, instead of the usual enthusiastic attack, the boys clenched their fists and all of them began shedding tears.
“Akane Tendo…we will accept your engagement to Ranma Saotome!” one of them said.
“Huh?” Akane, and Ranma asked in unison. Ranko was tiptoeing away.
“That's right,” another said. “Now that we know how…close you and he are, there is obviously no hope for us.”
“Hold!” cried out a voice. “The blue thunder admits not defeat!” Everyone turned to Kuno.
“Kuno was the greatest fighter of us,” another said.
“And the greatest pervert too,”
“PERVERT?!” the mighty pervert-king roared indignantly.
“Hee hee, they don't know a real pervert when they see one,” Akane giggled to her fiancé.
“Yeah, or they'd have realized what you were when you started coming here,” Ranma agreed. Akane growled and clenched a fist. Ranma looked around in confusion and ignored Akane as she put her arm around her neck and started hitting her on the head.
“Where's Ranko?” she asked in confusion. The group froze and everyone looked around to see that Ranko was long gone.
“Damn!”
“We let her get away!” The boys dispersed and started looking around for the other girl.
“Feh,” Kuno said arrogantly, looking at Akane. “I shall not give you up, my fierce Tigress. The Blue Thunder does not admit defeat! A hundred…two hundred kicks from a coward like Saotome Ranma do not even itch!” although Ranma was slightly impressed that he had been able to keep count of how many times she'd kicked him, she was more annoyed by his later comment.
“Can't admit that you lost can you?!” She asked indignantly.
“Ah?” Kuno, blinked, leaning in to get a better view. “Ah, but it is you! My pig-tailed goddess, you have returned to me! How I have longed to see you!” he put his hands on her shoulders.
“Whoa, Whoa. I thought you liked Akane?”
“`Like' does not begin to describe the feelings of devotion Akane Tendo doth bring forth from thine noble self,”
“Well, you know, she's watching,” Ranma said, pointing at the other girl. They both turned to face her and she was creeping away the way Ranko had earlier.
“H-hey?! Where are you going?” Ranma asked. Suddenly, in a brilliant moment of inspiration—
“Please, Kuno-sempai…if you really love this girl, I won't stand in your way!”
“…H-hey! What gives here?!” Ranma asked nervously. She looked at Kuno and then Akane when all of a sudden—
“Oh, but I love you both!” Kuno declared, ready to raindown his love on them both. His face met with Ranma's foot and Akane's fist.
-
Ranko sighed as she watched the other girls play their softball game. She could see her brother showing off in the distance and she realized it was really annoying when it wasn't her doing the showing off.
`So what's supposed to come next anyway?' she thought to herself. `Hmm, Ryoga's up next, then the golden pair if I'm correct,' She noted. There was a sudden crack noise and she looked at the batter. It was Akane, and she blinked, knowing that something was supposed to happen here.
-
“I'm sorry,” Akane said as she walked side by side with her fiancé to doc Tofu's. “Does it still hurt?”
“Whoa.” Ranma said. Akane looked up and blinked; there was a Panda sweeping the street in front of Tofu's. “Pop! What are you doing here?”
“Well well! Ranma and Akane!” Tofu said as he opened the door to his clinic. “This is Saotome-san. He started working for me today. Do you know each other?”
---
Ranko set her bag down in the guest room and started fanning herself as she left her room to get a snack. She noticed Kasumi was gathering up her things to go somewhere. She paused when the other girl picked up the phone and started dialed a number.
“'Nee-san,” Ranko started. “Where are you going?”
“Ah, Tofu-sensei's clinic,” the other girl said, turning to look at the other girl. “I'm just calling him right now to let him know…” She blinked. Ranko was gone.
--
“Who was that that called?” Ranma asked.
“That was the girl that Tofu likes,” Akane said with a depressed smile. It was the smile of one who was facing a cruel reality. “She's on her way right now.”
“Man…” Ranma started. “I gotta admit…your boy Tofu…” His expression was bordering pure awe. “Has got some taste!” He pointed at the old woman who stumbled into the clinic on a walking stick.
“That's not her!” Akane yelled out, angrily.
“Guys, guys!” Ranko's voice called out and the younger girl nearly bowled over the old woman as she stumbled in, panting. She knelt over to catch her breath and suddenly Ranma's expression was grim.
'She's coming over right now, eh...?' He turned and started walking away.
Akane walked over to the other girl with concern. “Ranko, what's wrong? Are you okay?”
Just then, Ranko addressed the entire clinic. “We have a Code Red, people! It's time to move out of here!” came the command. The lobby immediately burst into a scene of panic and the would-be patients all scrambled for the exits.
“Oh, that,” Akane said, glad that her friend wasn't in any danger. “I knew about that, she just called here,” She said.
“Oh, I thought maybe Tofu-sensei had picked it up and neglected to tell everyone,” the other girl said. “You know how he freezes up. Let's get Ranma and…get the…hell...Where's my brother?” She asked. Akane looked around in confusion.
-
“Tofu-sensei,” Ranma said seriously. “I think it's time you and I had a discussion.”
“Eh?” Tofu blinked. “Sure. About what?”
“First off, I would like to know your intentions for my-“
“Oh, Ranma, did you want some tea?” the other man asked. Ranma blinked and accepted it. After a sip, he started again.
“As I was saying,”
“Oh yeah,” Tofu said, remembering his balm from earlier. “I'm sorry, keep going, but could you sit down?” He motioned a chair and Ranma accepted.
“Ah yeah. Now, I wanted to know your intentions for my sister-“
“Good afternoon, doctor!” a new voice called out. Ranma never finished his sentence as a loud cracking sound resounded through out the clinic.
"Uh?!"
-
“Uh oh,” Ranko said, nervously. “I think maybe we should leave.”
“What? How can you say that? Your own brother is in mortal danger!” Akane said, wide-eyed with fear.
“Well yeah but-“ Ranko was looking around nervously. "-we don't have to be in mortal danger too you know-"
“Come on, we're going to save him,” Akane said dramatically.
-
“H-Hello, Kasumi,” Tofu said.
“Oh my, is Ranma alright like that?” the young woman asked.
“Oh Ranma? He's been one of my regulars lately! Isn't that right, Ranma?” he asked, patting Genma-panda on the shoulder.
-I said I'm Ranma's FATHER!- the panda signed…as angrily as an expressionless animal could.
“So, Kasumi!” Tofu continued, oblivious. “What brings you here?”
“Oh, well I wanted to return that book you allowed me to borrow, as well as this…” She said, opening a box. “I'm not sure if this is adequate thanks for the book, but…” She held out a plate with a cloth covering it. Tofu snatched up the cloth and put it on his face.
“Oh, how wonderful! A mask! It's fitting very well, thank you!” the spectacled-bandit said.
“Ah, actually, I brought you this,” Kasumi smiled, motioning the plate full of cookies.
“Oh!” Tofu grabbed the plate and chomped on it. “Very tasty!”
“Doctor?”
“Um…that's the plate…”
“DOCTOR!” Ranma yelled out angrily.
“Hmm? Is something wrong, Ranma?” the man asked bending over to face his young friend.
“My neck!” Ranma said irritatedly.
“Well, we'll have you fixed in a jiffy,” the man said. He grabbed Ranma's head and with another loud CRACK the boy's head was flipped the other way entirely.
“Uh!” Ranma looked around nervously for help.
“Sensei! Please stop! You're hurting my brother!” Ranko called out as she ran into the room.
“Oh, Ranko-Chan!” The man started, concerned. “You know my methods may not be particularly painless, but they're efficient!” He said as he approached the girl.
“Huh?” She took a step back in obvious fear.
“Ranko, run!” Ranma yelled out, wide eyed.
“You have nothing to be afraid of! I'll fix that neck in no time at all!” The insane doctor chortled as he reached up with lightning quickness from years of practice of dealing with reluctant, fearful patients to grab her head as she made to escape. Ranko nearly screamed at what happened next.
---
Ranma and Ranko were walking home behind Akane, with their heads in opposite positions.
“Man, remind me never to get in a fight with that guy,” Ranma said.
“Oh man,” Ranko groaned in agreement.
---
Days later…
---
It was raining. Ranma-chan was running around the Tendo Dojo from three irate girls.
“No! No! NO!” She yelled as she was cornered. “I ain't wearin' no girl's clothes!” She yelled out angrily.
“All of your male clothes are in the wash and your sister's clothes will fit perfectly!”
“Yeah! You can't run around showing off my goods like that!” Ranko scowled. “You look like me when you're in your girl form, remember?”
“Dammit…”
-
A little later, Ranma was wearing some tight fit jeans and a shirt that wasn't exactly too girly; there weren't any kind of cutesy prints on it or designs of the sort. It was just a faded looking red t-shirt, though it was a little tight around the chest. She looked in the mirror and blinked several times; she didn't look half bad.
“Well? Well?” Ranko asked, with her arms crossed. She was wearing practically the same thing, except her shirt was white and sleeveless. “What do you think?”
“Aside from the slight tightness in the shirt, which I can't understand since we're the same size...Wow." Ranma said, eyes wide. “I'm hot! I'm way sexier than my own fiancée!” She clenched her fist and closed her eyes. “Oh, how embarrassing to be engaged to a girl uglier than myself…”
Akane, who'd been there just to see how much Ranma could suffer, grit her teeth. Ranko turned and looked at her frightened for her friend's health, as it looked like tiny bits of tooth were flying out of her mouth.
“Akane…” Ranko started with a warding gesture. "Please..."
“I'LL KILL YOU!” She announced, grabbing her fiancé by the pig-tail. Ranma yelped in surprise.
-
Ranko sighed as she sat above her brother-sister's mangled body. “You okay?”
“Yeah,” the girl said weakly. “As if some dorky tomboy could ever hurt me.”
“Good, because I'm going to start teaching you magic,” She announced.
“Magic?” Ranma asked, suspicious. Her perception of magic was that it was mostly tricks used to achieve an unfair victory over an unaware opponent. When she voiced this opinion, Ranko was silent for a moment.
“Well yes and no. It's your own choice whether or not to use the magic. At the same time, magic can be as powerful as martial arts, your own curse a sign of this. Plus…” Ranko closed her eyes. “Levitation!”
Ranma stared up at her with eyes wide as saucers.
“There are practical uses as well, and our family school is based on aerial combat, is it not?” She asked.
“Uh…yeah,” Ranma said. She floated over her. Ranma blinked when the other girl held her hands over her, closed her eyes and started chanting. After a little bit of this, the girl opened her eyes.
“Recovery!” Ranma's already incredible healing abilities were boosted by the spell and in seconds all of her bruises were gone. Totally gone.
“Whoa!” the girl exclaimed in awe. “Wait...Why haven't you done that before?” She asked indignantly.
“I'm still learning myself,” Ranko admitted. “But if I get you up to my level, then we can learn at the same pace.”
“What? Why teach me magic?” Ranma asked.
“You're my brother. And you can't really think I'm the only sorceress in the world, can you? Other fighters will use magic against you, Ranma.”
“Well…” Ranma wanted to say that it was cheap, but the prospect of such power was amazing. “I guess it wouldn't hurt to know a few helpful spells.”
“Okay, the first and foremost basic spell…” She started.
Unbeknownst to them, a certain greedy panda was eagerly watching and listening, invisible to all but those who knew how to look…
---
All through out that week, Ranma had practiced magic in earnest. With his excellent learning curve, it was only two days before he managed to gain a basic understanding of how to use magic and the basic spell, Lighting, and he was already learning another.
One day, however, their routine was broken. On the way home from school, Ranma's eyes flashed with a danger sense he only associated to his father as well as a select few other fighters, none of them having a reason to be present at the moment.
“Prepare to DIE!” yelled out an angry voice from above. Ranma flipped just in time to dodge a fatal attack from another boy. The boy's umbrella slammed into the ground before he did, as his knees were up and he growled turning to face Ranma.
“You!” Ranma's eyes were wide with recognition as he scanned the boy's form. Ranko and Akane flanked his sides, Akane giving a look of confusion and Ranko a look of calculation.
`I wasn't quite prepared for this…I'll have to plan fast,' she thought.
“You haven't changed, Ranma. You're still good at running away.”
“You know this guy?” Akane asked her fiancé.
“Yeah! Sure! He's…He's..!” The boy pointed at the other, who was wearing a yellow shirt and black trousers.
“Hibiki Ryouga,” Ranko muttered.
“Yeah!” Ranma said, not bothering to ask his sister how she knew his friend's name. “He's my buddy from my old school! I used to walk him home all of the time to keep him from getting lost, `cause his sense of direction's non-existant!” the boy said energetically. “Man, Ryouga! You look well! Keepin' up the training? I can tell!” He whistled at the crater.
“Don't try to act all friendly, Ranma!” Ryouga shouted, angrily. “Not when you ran off on our duel of honor!” he roared.
Everyone glared at Ranma, who was utterly dumbfounded.
“Huh? What are you talking about?” Ranma asked, in honest confusion.
“Feigning ignorance WON'T WORK!” Ryouga roared as he attacked his `friend'.
“Hey, man, if you wanna spar, just say so!” Ranma said, annoyed as he dodged the attack.
“Spar?!” Ryouga growled as he halted. “Don't make me laugh! This is revenge!”
“Huh?”
“No matter what it takes, Ranma…I will destroy your happiness!” The other boy declared. Ranma glanced around and spotted Akane.
“Hey, Akane.” He waved over to her. “Do I look happy to you?”
“Don't ask me,”
---
Days later, Ranma-chan was sitting down with a towel, mulling over the Ryoga factor. Akane, Nabiki and Ranko were sitting behind her, drinking tea.
“So Ranma, just what did you do to him?”
“I really wish I could say I knew!” the girl said agitatedly.
“Maybe it was the whole running out on the duel thing,” Ranko said, scowling.
“That's not my fault,” Ranma defended herself. “He never showed up…I wanted to wait longer, but pops wouldn't hear it...and dragged me off in my sleep on the third night,” She sighed.
“Dragged you off?” Akane asked, confused.
“That was when we went to China, see,” Ranma said.
“T-to China?” Ranko choked 'Hmm...if I just play it cool and don't act like I know too much...I'm surprised they don't remember who recalled his name first...'.
“Yeah,” Ranma nodded. “Remember? Jusenkyo, crazy violent chicks, etcetera, etcetera,”
`Violent chicks?' Akane blinked.
“Ranma! A letter arrived for you!” Kasumi called out as she approached the boy with a kettle. She handed him the envelope and the girl thankfully accepted the kettle, setting it to the side to mull over the letter. When she opened it, she sighed; as expected it was a letter of challenge.
“This seems more than a passing annoyance,” Ranko said. “What could you really have done?"
“I wish I knew!” She said, exasperatedly.
“Hmm,” Ranko said. “Ranma…this Ryoga guy is real persistent, from what we've seen so far. He's tracked you down this far, to Furinkan high, from wherever you lived before,” She said.
“You know, I think I'm beginning to understand what may have happened,” Nabiki said, looking at Ranko. Ranko looked at her and they both nodded.
“Ranma, next time you see him, toss some cold water on him,” Ranko said suddenly.
“W-what?” Akane and Ranma mirrored looks of confusion at their siblings.
“Listen, Ranma-kun; as relentless as this guy sounds, It's safe to assume that he followed you to China, and well…Let's just say, you and Uncle Saotome didn't necessarily return the way you left, did you?”
“But…but his sense of direction…There's no way he followed us to China, it's just impossible," Ranma dismissed their assesment. "Hmm...what else could it be..." 'Wait a minute...that's right...I think I remember now...' But before she could begin her tale of the bread-feud--
“Sense of direction?” Akane asked.
“The Hibiki family curse,” Genma said solemly.
“Huh? Old man?!” Ranko asked, “When'd you get here?”
“A horrible curse indeed,” the man said with. “Oh, how I wish I knew about it before we made that agreement…”
“Agreement?” Ranma narrowed her eyes. `Did the old man sell me out again?'
“The Hibiki family has absolutely no sense of direction. The entire family, I might add; even those who marry into it eventually develop it,”
“POPS! What are you saying?!” Ranma asked angrily. `There's no way I'm marrying a boy, girl curse or not!'
“Well, you see, the Hibiki family trains in a very powerful art that can only be passed down in their family because of it's destructive capabilities,” he said excitedly. “And you see, thinking only the best for my—“
“Self,” the four girls corrected before he could make the mistake, but he continued anyway.
“Descendants,” He snapped. “I thought it'd be best if we could integrate their school with ours in the only way possible.” There was silence in the room for a while before the implications dawned on them as a whole, and everyone looked at Ranko, who's eye was twitching.
“Wow, so you engaged Ranma to two girls,” She said, gritting her teeth and a faking a smile that said 'You're joking, but I'm not laughing'. “How naughty of you, silly father.”
“Haha, actually, you see, they only have a son,” He began, laughing as he scratched his head. “His name is Hibiki Ryouga and he's your betrothed, my daughter.”
The teacup in her hand shattered, and the pulverized shards fell to the floor as the hot liquid dripped from her hand.
---
A week later, Ranma was standing across from Ryoga in the field for their duel. Ranko watched from the side with a worried look, with Akane by her side.
"Aren't you worried about your husband and brother fighting a violent fight to the death?" Akane asked in mock concern, stifling a giggle Revenge was sweet...
Ranko merely looked at her and growled. Across from them and the entire student body(Who knew a fight more interesting than any action movie was about to ensue) Ranma and Ryoga were having their own little discussion.
"So, Ranma. You finally have the guts to show up," The lost boy snickered.
"Listen, Ryoga...I didn't come to fight." The other boy said, regretfully. "Just... take this, okay?" He said, tossing something at the other boy. In the distance, Ranko sighed and put her head in her hands. Ryoga caught the curry bread and blinked.
"What is this?" He asked, incredulous. 'He can't be serious.'
"Well? Makes us even, right?" Ranma said, cheerfully.
"What the hell is this?! This is joke right?!" the lost boy demanded.
"Jeez, fine greedy. Here's your lousy chow mein bread!" He tossed another pack at Ryoga.
"What the hell are you doing?!"
"Well, this is a "Bread-feud", isn't it?"
"You think a bread-eating contest will make me happy!?" the boy demanded. "Besides...these are all past the 'Sell-by' dates!"
"Well, you kept me waiting a week!" Ranma said impatiently. "Man, why don't you just tell me what this is about already?"
"I shall!" Ryoga thundered, holding up his umbrella. "With my FISTS!" He jumped at the other boy and swung his umbrella, only to be dodged."Thanks to you, I have seen true hell!" Ryoga yelled out indignantly. He pointed his umbrella at the other boy. "Saotome Ranma...Kisama wo KOROSU!" He leapt at the other when suddenly, a red-haired girl jumped into the fray brandishing a water bottle and both boys froze.
"Ranko! What the hell are you doing?" Ranma asked nervously.
"I'm right, aren't I?" she yelled towards Ryoga, unscrewing the cap on the water bottle. Ryoga looked at her fearfully, taking a step back. "You'll turn into something else, too, won't you!" She said and swung the bottle, flinging water everywhere. Ranma managed to dodge by jumping away and the lost boy blocked it with his umbrella. Ranma just growled and grabbed his sister by the collar, before booting her away. He turned to face his rival.
"I'm sorry, she's just a little crazy," Ranma said, only to find blank space. His eyes widened and he jumped to dodge an incomming projectile. He blinked as he noticed the umbrella flying around and when he landed, he realized that the lost boy had some kind of cloth wrapped around his arm.
"You won't get away!"
"Jeez, how many bandanas are you wearing?" He asked as the lost boy tried several times to punch him in the face.
-
Meanwhile, in the air, Ranko noticed something flying her way. She blinked and caught onto the handle of the umbrella before blinking. As it was heavier than she, when she grabbed it, it didn't stop spinning. When she did hit the ground, she was somewhat disoriented.
"Err..." She dropped the umbrella as she realized how heavy it was, then wondered how it'd floated in the first place. "Damn, I forgot how strong Ryoga was. Better distract Ranma by yelling out 'He's as strong as a monster'. Or something,"
-
"Ranma! Stay out of his reach!" Ranma blinked as the Ranko yelled that and lost enough concentration for the lost boy's fist to graze his cheek, which alone was enough to draw some blood.
"Eh. Managed to cut me. I may have to get serious," Ranma said.
"He's got a demon's strength!" Ranko yelled out.
"Heh..." Ryoga snickered as he pulled his fist back. "Looks like you realized that..." He threw the punch, smirking. "A little too..." He blinked as Ranma fell down, then went under his legs and turned the lost boy over in a complete circle, using the bandana that tied them together against his opponent.
"What did I find out a little too late?" Ranma asked cheerfully from his position atop the other boy.
"You dare...try to push me..." Ryoga asked as he continued flipping over. Ranma blinked as he found himself hanging on to his now vertical opponent.
"Uh." He realized then that Ryoga was standing on one hand. Holding both of them up.
"...To my knees?!" The lost boy cried out as he used his single arm to launch himself and Ranma into the air. Ranma flipped them over again, landing on the ground with one hand and using the bandana to toss Ryoga to the side.
"Incoming!" Several boys shouted as Ryoga flew towards Ranko. The boy skid somewhat before stopping in the dirt. Spotting his umbrella, he reached for it and thrust it at Ranma's shirt. The boy barely dodged enough to avoid crippling injury, but his shirt was not spared.
"What the hell's the idea?! That was my favorite shirt!" the boy yelled out angrily as he looked down at the huge hole in it.
"This is a war!" Ryoga yelled out. "Don't be a girl!"
After that last line, there was silence as Ranma's eye twitched. And suddenly, the pig-tailed boy was a blur of rage.
"WHO'S A GIRL?!" He asked, infuriated as he jump kicked his surprised opponent in the chest over a fence. Ranko and Akane jumped after them to see Ryoga on a water fountain and Ranma in the air. "WELL?! WHO'S..." Ranma started as he crashed into the water fountain with a stone shattering kick that Ryoga barely jumped to dodge. "...A GIRL!?" The enraged teen yelled out, eyes wide with fury. There was a splash of water as the pipes broke and the pig-tailed teen stood there, totally unaware. Ryoga looked up at her with his umbrella out to block the water, and his jaw dropped.
"Well?!" Ranma asked. "Who's a girl?!" she called out angrily.
"W-wait..." Ryoga pointed and stuttered at the red-head. "W-who...what...where..."
"What's your problem!?" Ranma yelled as she scissor kicked his chin, knocking him back slightly.
"Who are you?" Ryoga asked, pointing.
"Who do I look like, you blind stupid jerk?!" She asked.
"Ranma, your chest!" Akane said as she neared the two.
"Eh? My...Oy," She blinked, wide eyed and covered herself with her hands. She growled and looked up at Ryoga bitterly. "Go ahead and laugh, why don't you?" She started. "I don't know what I could have done to you to make you so bitter, Ryoga...But look at me! I'm cursed with this body yet I take it in stride, treating others with kindness!"
There was silence, then suddenly, Ranko landed beside Ranma. Everyone looked at her, wondering where she'd come from, and she crossed her arms.
"It's not what you've done, Aniki," the girl started. "If Chichi-ue hadn't knocked you out and dragged you to China that night, neither of you would be cursed right now," She nodded sagely. Ranma's eyes widened significantly.
"How'd you know?!"
"Eh?" She blinked.
"I only told you that he did it when I was sleep, so how'd you know he beat me up?" Ranma demanded Ranko's eyes widened and she blinked.
"You mean...I was right?"
-
When everyone finally picked themselves up after face-faulting, Ryoga began laughing, and everyone looked at him in confusion, while Ranma merely brooded, convinced he was laughing at her curse.
"It is to laugh!" The lost boy said bitterly. "That...you call a curse?" He growled, grabbing his bandanas. "Whining about your misery...with such an adorable figure!" He shouted, jumping up and flinging his bandanas at Ranma. Ranko and Ranma both dodged and Ryoga continued after Ranma. "Ha! Such a JEST!"
As the bandanas flew around, Akane got it into her head to get some hot water for Ranma.
"Eh?!" Ranma asked, as she saw Akane running. "Akane, where are you going?!" She asked.
"Don't worry about it! I'll make it-" Akane tripped, and a bandana passed through the air where her head was.
"Idiot!" Ranma yelled as she dived for her fiancée.
"An opening!" Ryoga yelled as she threw his umbrella and readied more of his bandanas. "There's no way for you to dodge this!" He cried out. Ranma was about to kick the umbrella when a blur from the side knocked it out of the way just as Ryoga let go of his bandanas.
"A cheap shot in a duel of honor?!" Ranko cried out, indignantly. "Attack your opponent while he's helping the defenseless with his back turned? You brazen cur!" She accused, pointing at the other boy. He froze, blinking.
"I'm not defenseless!" Akane screamed.
"Ranko..." Ranma sighed. "Not now." 'Man, what's wrong with her today?'
"Go get some hot water or something, Aniki!" She said. "I'll hold him off!"
"Man, what is it with every girl and her grandma interfering in our man-to-man fight today?!"
"JUST DO IT!" She screeched.
Ranma quickly nodded at this and took off after picking the umbrella. He opened it and leapt into the air.
"What do you want?" Ryoga growled angrily.
"Hibiki Ryoga," Ranko said, looking him up and down. "Not too bad. I guess I could have done worse," She muttered. "I challenge you to a duel!"
"Huh?" Ryoga said intelligently. "I don't fight girls. I'm not some thug!"
"Liar! You just attacked my brother with his back turned!" She shouted, pointing at him. "My own twin! You shameless coward!"
"W-what?" Ryoga asked, eyes wide. "B-brother?" He blinked.
"That's right!" She took up a fighting stance. "If you want to fight him you've gotta get past me!" She yelled.
"Uh..." Ryoga was thoroughly perplexed. Ranma didn't seem capable of having such a nice, caring sister as this one obviously was. Add to the fact that was a vastly undeserving. "Listen, I think there's been a bit of a misunderstanding..."
"No! I saw you! You were going to attack Aniki and Akane! Don't you ever take in your surroundings? How can you call yourself a martial artist?!" She pointed at him, accusingly.
"I...I-" Ryoga's eyes were wide.'She's right! I...I abandoned the code in my quest for revenge!' He shook his head. 'No! I can't falter in this! Ranma has made my life hell!' "I'm sorry!" He yelled out, jumping over her. "But I can't stop now! Not after the suffering I've endured!"
"Wait!" Ranko called out, attempting to follow him.
-
Ryoga found the two on top of a bike rack. He took off his belt and snapped it across one of the poles holding up the structure, cutting it twice. With it's support gone, it crumbled underneath the combined weight of Ranma and Akane.
Ryoga wordlessly reared back as he prepared to strike the two with his belt, and Ranma blocked it with the umbrella.
"Let me go!" Akane screamed at her fiance.
"What? You don't think that I'm holding you because I want to, do you?!" Ranma yelled back.
-
"Uhh," Ranko blinked and followed the sound of the slap that resounded throughout the yard. "Oh boy, here comes the good part," she sighed. After a few minutes, the field where Akane's hair got butchered came into view and she found Ryoga standing alone. "Damn, I missed the best part!" She walked down to Ryoga and growled. Ryoga looked over at her in surprise.
"Eh? Oh, you." Ryoga said. Ranko blinked at his face.
"That must hurt a lot," She said.
"Yeah, it does."
-
"I feel better now," Ranko said, rubbing hands. Even without the Bakusai Tenketsu training, Ryoga's face was still hard as rocks.
"What the hell was that for?" Ryoga asked absently.
"Whatelse? You were being a jerk, so I punished you." She hmphed, crossing her arms.
"Omae..." He growled. She took up a defensive stance.
"What, you wanna fight? Huh, punk?"
"Hmph...What are you doing?" He demanded. "Ranma and I agreed to postpone our fight until his fiancee was feeling better. I'm not as honorless as you think."
"You're gonna have to prove it." She said, unbelieving. "I bet you're as honorless as they come!"
"Wh-why you!" He yelled, raising his hand to his head.
"What, I thought you didn't attack girls?" She asked. 'Alienating someone has never been so easy! Now he'll never marry me!' She inwardly gloated.
'Shouldn't use lethal force.' He berated himself and then went into an offensive stance. 'I'll go easy on her first. If she's as good as Ranma, then I'll have nothing to worry about.' "No. However," He said, approaching her. "I'm willing to teach a lesson to cocky female martial artists!" He shouted as he leapt at her.
"Uh?!" She blinked as he leapt at her. 'Maybe this was a bad idea!' She frantically dodged his attacks and jumped away to the right as he threw a particular clumsy roundhouse and kicked him in the hip, knocking him over before smirking. "Well then, senpai, teach me a lesson, why don't you?!"
Ryoga growled from the ground and then coiled up before using his arms to launch into her with his feet. She jumped back to dodge this and jumped up into the air, descending with a kick aimed towards his shoulder.
Ryoga smirked and caught her one handed before tossing her into the ground. She groaned as she slid across the field, then flipped and righted herself before blasting forward towards the lost boy. She was surprised when Ryoga met her charge and rammed into her shoulder with his own, stopping her momentum. She grunted and held the shoulder he'd hit as she jumped back.
"You're way too eager to attack," He snorted as if lecturing her. "You get fully devoted to each attack before you know whether or not it's going to hurt me."
'He's right,' she growled. 'I'm angry right now and that's not helping me at all.' "Thank you, sempai," She gritted through clenched teeth. The two circled around for a while and she leapt at him again, pulling her fist back for a straight horizantal punch. He smirked as he moved to block her and then blinked as she crouched down suddenly and smirked, calling out the name of her attack.
"Shoryuken!" She yelled as she sprung from the ground to give him a powerful uppercut, and the attack connected with his chin. Ryoga's eyes flashed as he flew backwards and he smirked, righting himself in the air.
'I've seen something like that move before,' He wiped his chin with the back of his hand and went back into his stance, grinning. '"Rising Dragon Fist" eh?'
"Heh," She smirked. "Did I hurt you, sempai?" This time, he lunged at her with his fist cocked back and she smirked and back-somersaulted towards him. He blinked at the odd motion and the moment cost him as she kicked him in the chin, knocking him back again and stopping his advance. "So, sempai," She started innocently enough, "How's the lesson going? Do I pass?"
"Grr," He growled before smirking. "Actually, that was just an assesment. Here's your first real lesson!" He smirked as he ran towards her and smirked when she bent down to her knees. She called out the name of her attack "Shoryuken!" and he stopped his motion immediately. However, as she was already in the air and in the middle of her rotation, she was left completely open and he took advantage with an open-hand palmstrike to her hip.
Ranko's eyes widened and she clenched her teeth in pain as she was knocked onto the ground by his initial strike. When she caught him flying at her with both fists at his sides out of the corner of her eyes as she landed, she rolled to the side and allowed him to run right by her as she spun in place and ended standing up. 'It's been a while since I was able to fight with Akane like this!' She smirked but then faltered as she saw Ryoga jumping backwards at her, his knee raised. He kicked backwards, kicking her square in the same shoulder. She growled as she held her shoulder and rolled over to the side to dodge his next strike, a hammer fist, and had to block the scissorkick that followed it. She countered, grabbing his leg by the shin and pulling him towards her before uppercutting him in the pelvis. She smirked as his eyes widened with considerable pain and he fell, clutching his crotch. He lay crumpled on the ground, and groaning in obvious pain.
"Cheap...shot..." He called up at her angrily.
"Looks like I win, sempai," She smirked as she held her head up condescendingly.
"Not by a longshot!" The boy grumbled as he stood up angrily, baring his fangs.
"E-eh?" 'What the hell is this guy made of? Sterling Steel?' "Dude, it's obvious who outclasses who here. You should just give up," she bluffed.
"And accept defeat from a girl?" He laughed. "Ranma'd never let me live it down!" Snarling, he leapt at her, with his fist cocked back for a horizantal strike. She flinched and sidestepped him, before clutching her shoulder and ducking under a roundhose."I will not accept defeat from Saotome's younger sister!" He shouted.
"Hey, it's only by a few seconds!" She shouted. The meaning was lost on Ryoga as he continued to relentlessly attack the girl.
Ranko weaved around his attacks, her speed rapidly decreasing. The aches and pains in her shoulder, hip and where she'd hit the ground were building up and she'd be incapacitated soon if this kept up. She jumped back and held up her hands for one final attack. Ryoga looked at her hands as they started glowing.
"It's time for the Saotome Final Technique!" She said, with an air of drama. A ball of light appeared in her hands and started growing bigger. Ryoga's eyes bulged and he took a few steps back.
'What the HELL?! Could that be...a Chi attack!?'
"The power you see before you, in its weakest form, is beyond that of anything you have ever witnessed before." She told him with a superior voice. Fear engulfed Ryoga as she brought it down and closed her eyes. "LIGHTING!"
There was a flash- a damned bright flash that burned Ryoga's retinas enough to cause him slight physical discomfort, and...not much else. Ryoga clutched his eyes and blinked them slowly, trying to focus. When he looked around, he noticed there was no sign of the Saotome girl.
"..."
-
"WHAT KIND OF ATTACK IS THAT?!" a familiar voice resounded throughout the district.
Ranko winced as she leapt across the buildings of Nerima. The 'Fast Break' was meant for rethinking a strategy for your opponent, or so Genma and Ranma claimed, but she was using it for a full-out escape. Ryoga was way beyond her level - he was second only to Ranma(and the old ghoul/leech but they don't count) when it came to skill, and his punches weren't anything like Akane's at all. With Akane, she could have gone maybe another twenty to thirty minutes before either losing or tieing, or even the occasional win, but the Tendo girl did have the advantage of years of training over her, so it was inevitable of who would win.
"Ow!" She cried out suddenly. "Ow ow ow ow ow!" She cursed and stopped leaping across the roofs and landed in the street, panting. The pain was finally coming full blast, and without her blood pumped full of adrenaline, it hit her like a sack of rocks.
--
"That doctor called you cute. I thought you'd like that." Ranma said from the atop the fence he and Akane were on.
"...It doesn't matter anymore," Akane responded from in front of him.
"Oh right," He snorted. "'Doesn't matter!'"
"Tofu-sensei likes Kasumi, anyway. Not me." Akane continued, despite her fiance's sarcasm. "It's okay now. I guess I've finally gotten over him."
Ranma stared at the back of her head as he followed her on the fence. He jumped over her and turned to face her.
"You know, I forgot to mention," He said. "Your hair does look good like that."
Akane stared up at him.
"Are you ill?" She asked.
"Hey! Listen, jerk--"
"Just don't worry about it. You don't have to cheer me up." She said, walking away.
"You think that's what I'm doing!?" Ranma growled as he followed his fiance. "I try to compliment you an'-- Ah, who says you're cute?!"
"No one. I'm not cute."
"I just meant that I like your hair better!" Ranma continued. Akane turned to look at him. "I mean...that is...not that my opinion matters," He said, looking away. There was silence for a few moments before Akane finally called Ranma's name, and he turned to look at her. She was standing right next to him with a smile on her face and he blushed.
"Thank you. Even if you don't mean it...that's nice of you to say." They were silent for a few more moments before--
"Ohhhh..." groaned a nearby voice. The two looked around and spotted Ranko stumbling around across the street with a walking stick. "That was the dumbest thing I've ever done...urgh..."
"Ranko?" They asked in stereo. "What happened to you?!" they both leapt over to her, concern etched on her face. Ranko noticed Akane's now short hair-cut, the one that was a staple throughout the series.
"I see you finally took my advice," Ranko smiled at her friend. "I told you you'd look better that way. Short-hair has always suited you." Akane blushed at that.
"Err, well...Nevermind that! What happened to you?! You're all filthy and hurt!" She asked.
"Not much, just got hit by an eighteen wheeler," She groaned. "You don't look too great either," Ranko pointed at her eyes.
"It's nothing, I'm over it now," Akane said, remembering that she had been crying only moments before.
"Who the hell did this to you?!" Ranma demanded seriously. "I'll kill them!"
"Ah, it was nuthin," She waved it off. "I just picked a fight with the wrong kid. Of course, I won, but he got a few good hits in,"
"He?" Ranma asked. "What kind of disgrace would do this to a girl?!"
"A martial artist who knows how dangerous female martial artists can be," Ranko growled at her brother. 'I am so going to hurt Genma,'
"What are you talking about?" Ranma asked, indignantly. "Girls are-"
"Listen, I picked the fight, I won, so just shut the hell up! I don't feel like listening to your macho bull!" She growled, stumbling away. Ranma just stared after her and Akane glared at him.
"You need help?" Akane asked, offering her shoulder.
"I'm fine," Ranko snapped.
'She's so independant,' Ranma thought, annoyed. He growled and jumped behind his sister, picking her up off the ground.
"H-hey! Put me down, you jerk!" She yelled. "I'm not some weak little school girl!"
"Your dress says otherwise," Ranma growled. "Now I'm going to carry you home, and you're going to shut up about it. You got that?" He said. "And then you and I can spar when you're feeling better, if you're still mad at me for helping you."
"Fine, then I will!" She promised him. Akane smiled at that and followed, knowing that in their own way, the two siblings were bonding.
-----
¯\(ºo)/¯