Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Enigma to Paramour ❯ Princess's Reaction ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Princess's Reaction

AN: Yes, I know I should be working on "Two Souls Fated to Meet", but I had this idea pop into my head when watching Slayers the other day. I'm not sure where it came from, but here it is. Also, this will be Xellos/Lina fic. As well as an AU fic. Also, for story purposes, Lina's sister Luna doesn't exist here.

Also, if ANY ONE has ANY idea on how to do italics on a Microsoft Word document and get it to transfer onto ff.net please, please tell me. I'll be forever in your debt.

Disclaimer: I don't own the Slayers characters, just the plot I put them in.

It was a peaceful morning in the kingdom Rohain. Note the past tense was. And it had been, until the king and queen Inverse gave their daughter Lina Inverse a bit of shocking news.

"What do you mean I have to get married?!" the princess, Lina Inverse, shouted at her parents. The servants just continued about their morning tasks as if this was an everyday occurrence, and, because of Lina's infamous temper, it was.

"The laws state that you have to have to be married at the age of sixteen and your sixteenth birthday is coming up." Thomas Inverse said to his red head daughter.

"He's right honey." The red haired queen Lana Inverse said. Neither of these statements did anything to dent the red-eyed, red-haired, vertically challenged princess's anger.

"I don't give damn about the stupid law! This is marriage! I refuse to marry some stranger!" Lina said. The young sorceress felt like she needed to vent some of her anger on something.

"Lina, language." Her green-eyed mother admonished.

"He'll be coming to stay here tonight. He will be introduced next week at the ball, and I will brook no arguments." Her, also, red-eyed father said.

The young princess stormed out of the living room (not sure what they called it back then) and out to the courtyard. `I can't BELIEVE that they're trying to make me get married. I REALLY need to vent some frustration before I destroy the castle itself.

She made her way to the practice ring, which had been especially made for magically training. The walls were made from orihalcon stone. She quickly changed from her dress into a pair of training breeches and a white blouse.

Lina stood opposite a large stone slab that had been dragged there last week under orders from her parents, probably just for the purpose she was about to use it for. She began chanting the spell for her third strongest attack, knowing she couldn't use the other two as they may very well destroy the world if used incorrectly. These other two are called the Giga Slave, the strongest, and the Ragna Blade, the second strongest. Though she also knew the Ra Tilt from shamanist magic. Suffice to say that she was the sorcery genius that she proclaimed herself to be, at times when she need to, and that she may very well have been the most powerful sorcerer or sorceress alive.

"Darkness beyond twilight,

Crimson beyond blood that flows.

Buried in the stream of time,

Is where your power grows.

I pledge myself to conquer

All the foes who stand

Against the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand.

Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed by the power you and I posses!

DRAGON SLAVE!"

The huge, marble slab was utterly obliterated and the wall behind it, as protected as it was from being damaged by magic, was also cracked and dented. Normally that wouldn't happen, but the princess was currently very ticked off. And to think that that slab had been about 15 feet thick and 20 feet tall. Despite all of this Lina was still very angry, though not quite as much as before.

"I needed that." Lina proclaimed to the empty training court. She went and sat on a bench near the changing room's door. `I still can't believe that my parents would allow me to be engaged, much less married, at the age of 15. I think I'll get out of the castle for today, who knows what I'll do if I see either of my parents right now.'

That decided Lina went into the changing room and changed back into her dress. She ran back across the courtyard and into the castle. She silently raced up to her room, careful to be sure that none of the guards saw her. When she reached her room she changed into a maroon tunic shirt, maroon pants with two leather belts, white gloves that reached her elbows and had jewels on the cuff, a yellow band around her chest, a black head band and cape-the cape had shoulder guards-, and finally a pair of almost knee-high boots with jewels on their cuff as well. Her outfit was finished by attaching a sword to the back of her looser leather belt and clipping in a pair of golden looking ball earrings. All in all she look like she normally does on the series. She had bought this outfit not too long ago when her last pair of clothes had become a little to short in the leg. She wore these and but her hair up in a braid so she wouldn't be noticed as easily.

Normally her red hair and eyes were a dead give away, so she'd learned to use a hat to cover the top half of her face in shadows. She'd done this many times before and had only been caught once when she was little, the first time she had snuck out. Occasionally the guards would spot her and give chase, but she had always managed to out maneuver them and her parents never found out that it was she as the guards could never be sure. They just saw a almost flat-chested, red-haired girl running out of the castle.

Lina slowly walked out of the castle, careful to keep to the shadows as much as possible. She knew that if her family found out she would be in way too much trouble, her blouse and pants would be taken away, and she would be under much closer guard. Thus it would be almost impossible to sneak out. She made it outside the castle without being spotted, now came the tricky part. She stood in the shadows and quietly cast the levitation spell. She made herself rise higher and higher then soared over the guards and walls surrounding the castle. She found her usual spot in the woods outside her house and discreetly landed.

Lina walked casually out of the woods and onto the busy road where she quickly blended into the crowd. Unfortunately for her, she hadn't been quite as discreet as she'd thought. She heard one of the guards give yell obviously about her since it mentioned a small girl with red hair. She quickly raced along the road toward the market place. Lina dodged in between people, animals, and stalls. She used back alleys and ran into the busy center of the city where she felt sure she would b lost. Obviously the guards had gotten smarter as they managed to keep up with her the whole way through. She ran down another alley and, looking over her shoulder, straight into a person. When she looked over at the person she had collided with she was met with a startling pain of amethyst eyes in a face framed by purple, shoulder-length hair.

AN: Want to see what everyone looks like? Go to the following site, I think it's pretty good. http://homepage.mac.com/ssagan2/SlayersSerious/