Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Lament of the Sea ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Hmm don't think this needs much of one as is. I don't own Slayers. Wish they'd make more though.


Bit of angst here. Thoughts of a certain Sea King. Rumours have her insane. (I don't think she is. Her and Zelas are the only ones smart enough not to mess with Lina.)

But really what is Sanity?
--------------------------





Lament of the Sea



"Tired. So tired", I whisper to the wind as the breeze catches at my dress. I stand and stare out at the sea. Oh the beautiful sea. Deception at its finest. Peaceful and serene one moment, the next a raging hurricane. Yes, deception refined. Lure the unsuspecting with your still waters then break them with your tempest.

Oh how I love the sea.

Wet sand squishes beneath my feet as I turn and walk the beach. I taste the salt on my lips. Memories flood back. Memories of war and death and destruction. Memories of tears. I believe I fell in love with Him. He was also of the water, one who loved the sea. Our races were at war though, fight we must.

My siblings would look upon me with disgust. Weak and pathetic they would say. You were strong once. You helped defeat our enemy.

Yes, our enemy. I remember. I remember him broken and battered. His blood upon my hands. I remember my first tears as he lay dying.

I remember the turmoil in my mind as I realized my love. And it was...too...late.

I laugh at myself. We cannot love, not without a price. The knowledge that such a basic emotion is denied me stings like a blow.

I laugh again. There is more salt on my lips, not all from the sea now.

Now they say I am insane. That my kind must be insane to love. I shake my head. No. I'm not insane. I'm as sane as any human. Any human who has every lost a love.

So now I watch the sea. A star crossed lover whiling away the time. Wishing for my end so I can be with Him as I could not be before.

But life if my punishment.

"Please, please have pity upon me!" I wail to the heavens. I wait for an echo back but there is no answer.

Wiping my eyes I turn and look out across the waves once again. The evening sun glints at the edge and all turns gold for a moment.

I sigh and fall forward into the sea.

Waves of chaos break over me as I fall into the arms of my waiting love.