Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Mazoku's Domain ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Mazoku's Domain
Chapter 3
By: Jay-chan

Zelgadis and Xelloss were waiting patiently outside of the trading center for the girls to be brought out, when Xelloss decided to start up a conversation.

"You know, Zel-kun, you just made a very dangerous enemy back there," he made a movement with his thumb towards the slave center.

Zel lifted an eyebrow, "Oh? And who would you be inquiring?" This caused Xelloss to blink a few times.

He opened his mouth to answer when the back door to the building opened to Seigram and two struggling girls. Zelgadis watched from atop of his horse as Seigram shoved the short brunet in Xelloss' direction and turned back to the rowdy red head. He promptly slammed her into the hard paved ground, forcing her to slam her head into the pavement.

Seigram then made a move to kick her in the side, but Zelgadis chose that moment to intervene.

"If I do remember correctly, I believe we already went through this. I wish my merchandize NOT to be tampered with." His voice was cold. He turned away from Seigram and picked the dazed Lina up and walked to his horse.

Zelgadis deliberately placed his arms on either side of the girl to insure that she stayed put before he kicked the horse. It wasn't until they reached the city gates that Lina started to struggle yet again, but to Lina's misfortune, Zelgadis had expected it and simply moved his arms so that she was tightly enclosed between them.

Behind them Xelloss seemed to be having a lot less trouble. In fact, Amelia and him seemed to have hit it off pretty well.

"So your name is Amelia? How nice!" Xelloss had Amelia sitting infront of him, the same way as Zel had Lina, and was having a nice little conversation with her. "That's Zelgadis and my name is Xelloss, Xelloss Metallium or the Trickster Priest as they like to call me!" He gave Amelia a closed eye smile.

"Why is that?" Amelia asked with child like curiosity.

Xelloss held the reins in one hand and brought the other towards his face, placing his index finger to his mouth. "Sore wa himistu desu!" Amelia blinked in surprise before replying with an 'Oh.'

Xelloss removed his finger and grasped the reins once again. "By the way, Amelia-chan. What's your friends name?"

"Oh, you mean Lina!" Amelia looked towards Zel and smiled. "She was assigned to be my personal guardian by father."

"Hmm...Interesting." Xelloss opened one of his eyes thoughtfully.

Zel chose this time to tune the two out and concentrate on the road ahead of him and the precious package in front of him. At lest now he knew her name.

***

It hadn't been an hour since they had left the city before Amelia fell asleep and Lina was starting to feel tired as well, which was understandable considering she hadn't slept in three days. Her eyes started to droop and her body began to slip from the saddle untill Zel had to re-center her before she fell off. She knew that she was showing weakness, but she couldn't help it...

"You can rest against my shoulder, if you wish." Zelgadis tried to hold the blush down, but failed miserably. Luckily he didn't have to worry because Lina wasn't facing him.

"You would like that, wouldn't you?" she said bitterly, causing Zel to mentally sigh. However, it didn't matter because in another ten minutes Lina's body gave in and she passed out in Zel's arms.

Zel moved her small frame so that her head was resting on his shoulder and her legs were draped over the opposing side of the horse in an attempt to make her more comfortable.

***

It took another three hours to reach the estate, but it went by quickly with the girls asleep. Zel pulled his horse to a stop at the back door, near the stables, and was quickly followed by Xelloss. Two of Zelgadis's servants soon arrived to assist the two Lords.

The taller of the two had long blond hair and soft blue eyes. He stood pacently by Zelgadis's black horse while awaiting his master's orders. The other servant, who had light blue hair which was cropt short except for two long stands hanging before the ears, did the exact same action with Xelloss.

Once the Lords relenquished the girls to the slaves they moved inside the estate as the girls were taken to their new rooms.

"Thank you, Gourry, Mizu." Zelgadis nodded his approval before leaving their presence. "Comming Xelloss?"

"Hai, Hai. What's the rush, Zel-kun?" Xelloss calmly followed his friend into the den where a slave, who went by the name of Sylphiell, served them drinks. "I still don't see why you call your slaves by name." Xelloss sipped his drink from accross the coffee table.

"It makes them feel more comfortable. Besides, what else would I call them?" Zelgadis didn't bother to look up from his coffee.

"Slave?" Xelloss smiled as Zel snorted at his reply.

They were interupted by a loud scream that emanated from upstairs. Both lords looked up from their respective drinks and moved to investigate, Zelgadis in the lead.