Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Mettalium Rouge ❯ Arriving At The Mettalium Rouge ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Mettalium Rouge

A/n: I was blocked with Sore Wa Himitsu Desu so I decided to write some insanity! The slayers decide to put on a musical, and choose "Moulin Rouge". Beware….i own nothing. Suing me would be an excretion in pointlessness and you wouldn't win anyways. I changed some things about the plot too. Enjoy!

~~~~~

*The curtain opens up to a large shot of pairs, it zooms in to a broken down old theater. An odd looking man with purple hair named XELLOS walks out and bursts into a mournful song:*

Xellos: There was a chimera,

A very strange, enchanted boy,

They say he wandered very far,

Just to find a cure,

A little shy,

And sad in eye,

But his heart was pure,

And then one day,

One magic day,

He came my way,

Although we talked of many things,

Fools of kings,

This is what he said….

"The greatest thing, you'll ever learn is just to love. And be loved in return"

The strange man walks slowly away as it zooms into a small apartment where ZELGADIS sits, sniffling.

He looks very sad and disoriented, not to mention a bit drunk. He opens his tear soaked eyes and walks over to the type writer.

He sits down and types:

"This is a story about love. The woman I love is…dead"

Zelgadis began to cry, and remembered…

~~~~~

I was a foolhardy young lad who had just arrived to the city of dreams, hoping to find a cure for my disorder.

I bought a small flat and began to search the town, I saw nothing but some crackpot old fools trying to sell me pixie dust.

I returned to my flat, tired and annoyed. Then, suddenly, a big blond man crashed through my ceiling. He was shortly followed by a blind man dressed as a dragon.

I stuttered. "Excuse me…?"

The man dressed as a dragon stepped forewords. "Excuse me, sir. I am Rezo and this is Gourry Gabriev. We WERE practicing for our play when the floor collapsed. Poor Gourry." He shook his head.

Zelgadis eyes widened at the mention of Rezo's name. "You mean you are THE Rezo, the great magician?"

"The one and only, young man, or are you old, alas I cannot tell," Rezo smiled as he continued, "Now I am reduced to doing the special effects in Xellos Mettalium's shows at the Mettalium Rouge."

"I see." Zelgadis replied, looking down.

Rezo looked at Zelgadis, or at least, turned in his direction. "Say, how would you like to read Gourry's part until he wakes up."

Zelgadis nodded, a bit put out, and followed Rezo up the stairs….

~~~~~~

"Everyone, meet Zelgadis Greywords, he'll be sitting in for Gourry," Rezo explained to the two others, a black haired woman and a long purple haired woman.

"Fine." The purple haired one said. The black one just stared at Zelgadis with little hearts in her eyes.

Rezo put his index finger to his lip and said, "Now, what to do with this lyric…"

The black haired one put in, "Maybe, The hills chant the sound of melody?"

Rezo shook his head, "No, Amelia, that will not do."

The purple haired one put in, "Maybe it should be, The hills are possessed by the melody of music?"

Rezo replied, "Sounds too demonic."

The two females argued for a while longer, when suddenly, Zelgadis spoke up, "The hills are alive with the sound of music!"

Rezo cried out, "Brilliant!"

Amelia was overjoyed as well, "Oh, Mr. Zelgadis, that was beautiful!"

The purple haired woman was not impressed.

Rezo didn't seem to notice and said, "Zelgadis-San, how would you like to co-write this play?"

"Will I be paid?" He asked

"Of course."

"Alright."

"THIS IS RIDICOUCOUCOUCOULOUS!" The purple haired woman pouted, "He made up one verse, how should he get in?"

Amelia stuck her tongue out at the purple haired bitch.

"Fine, I don't want to be part of this stupid play anyways!" She screamed and left.

Rezo shrugged.

Amelia was suddenly hit by a problem. "This will be the Mettalium Rouge's first big show! How can we get a first time writer to co-write it! Mr. Xellos will never approve!"

Rezo winked, or tired to, at least. "I have it all planned out. We'll get a meeting between Zelgadis and the Sparkling dragon so he can read some poetry he wrote! Then she'll recommend him to Xellos Mettalium and all will be well!"

"Sparkling Dragon?" Zelgadis asked.

Amelia looked at Zelgadis, "The sparkling dragon is the most beautiful prostitute at the whore house down the street. She also sings, dances and acts."

Zelgadis blinked. "So a whore house is doing a play…."

Rezo nodded and relied, "A bit hard to believe, but oh well."

Zelgadis smiled and said, "When will we be going?"

Rezo replied, "Tonight."

~~~~~

That night, Rezo, Zelgadis and Amelia all entered the Mettalium Rouge. It was filled with Can-Can dancers talking and such.

Amelia smiled and said, `I have to get into costume, my musical act is coming up."

Zelgadis looked at her and said, "You are a prostitute here too?"

Amelia shook her head. "No, I just sing and dance as a favor to Mr. Xellos."

Zelgadis nodded as Amelia left to the dressing room.

Rezo leaned in so he could whisper something to Zelgadis. "You don't want to miss this."

~~~~~

A few minutes later, a fat, bald man was at the front of the stage. He montioned for silence.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you….Miss Amelia Seyrunn!"

Amelia came out onto the stage dressed in an elgant blue gown and began to snap.

Amelia: Where are all my soul sisters, let me her flow sisters.

Can Can Dancers: Hey mazokou, go mazokou, soul mazokou, flow mazokou, hey mazokou, go mazokou, soul marokou, go mazokou,

Amelia: She met Mettalium down at old Mettalium Rouge,

Strutting his stuff on the street,

He said "Hello,

Wanna give it a go?" Woah woah

CCD: Gitchi gitchi ya ya da da (hey hey hey)
Gitchi gitchi ya ya hee (hee oh)
Mocca chocolata ya ya (ooh yeah)
Creole Lord Mettalium (ohh)

*Suddenly, Xellos dances onto the stage wearing black leather and twirling a whip*

Xellos: Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir (oh oh)
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi (yeah yeah yeah yeah)?

Amelia: She sat in his room,

While he freashied up,

Boy, she drank all that magnolian, spilled on his satin sheets

His sueds, dark greens, yeah.

CCD: Gitchi gitchi ya ya da da (hey hey hey)
Gitchi gitchi ya ya hee (hee oh)
Mocca chocolata ya ya (ooh yeah)
Creole Lord Mettalium (ohh)

Xellos: Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir (oh oh)
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

Amelia: He comes through with the money and the garter belts
Let 'em know we 'bout that cake, straight out the gate
We independent women, some mistake us for whores
I'm saying, why spend mine when I can spend yours
Disagree, well that's you and I'm sorry
I'm keep playing these cats out like Atari
Wear high heeled shoes, getting love from the Dudes
I'm one bad ass chick from the Mettalium Rouge

CCD: Hey sisters, soul sisters
Betta get that dough sisters
We drink wine with diamonds in the glass
By the case, the meaning of expensive taste
We wanna gitchi gitchi ya ya (come on)
Mocca chocolata (what)
Creole Lord Mettalium!

Amelia: One more time, come on
Mettalium (ooh)
Lord Mettalium (ooh yeah)
Mettalium (ohh)

Hey, hey, hey
Touch of his skin feeling silky smooth, oh
Colour of cafe au lait, all right
Made the savage beast inside

Xellos: Roar until she cried!

CCD: More, more, more!

Now she's back home doing nine to five (nine to five)

Living a gray flannel life

Xellos: But when she turns off to sleep, memories creep

All: More, more, more

Xellos: Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir (ce soir)
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi
Oh my lovelies
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir)
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi

CCD and Amelia: Creole Lord Mettalium!

~~~~~~

Zelgadis applaued with the rest of crowd, "That was well done, for a whore house."

Rezo smiled, "That's the Moulin Rouge's motto."

Everyone's attention turned to Xellos, who had raised his hand, wanting to get the crowd's attention.

"I assume you all want to party, and I shall not disappoint you." Xellos said calmly, "Because we can-can-can" He said as he burst into song.

A/N: Thus ends chapter 1. Enjoy it, for I wrote it in 2 hours.