Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ No Whey Out ❯ Did I miss something? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the Slayers series or any of the characters
 
 
A\N: I really hope you guys are enjoying this and please please please review!!!!
 
 
The next few days went by restively for the group of adventurers. Then suddenly…………….”AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH!!!” Every person in the palace clapped their ears shut at this scream of pure terror. Thanks to his abnormal speed Zel was the first on the scene just to have Lina run into him and cling for dear life. “IT'S A SLUG!!!!! I CAN'T STAND SLUGS!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE GET THE SALT!!!” Zel stared at the sorceress still clinging to him. “A slug?” She was still clinging and shaking. Not that he minded, but it would probably be best if he did something about the slug. Setting Lina aside he strode into her room and saw the pet slug of one of the kitchen boys on her dressing table. Picking it up he carried it to the kitchens and returned it to its owner. Walking back to the scene of the incident he saw Lina being comforted by Gourry…………..Damn. And here he was getting hopeful. But fate evidently did not favor him because just as he was about to disappear, who should notice him but Amelia? She pranced over to Zel and he started wondering what it was about him that invited her to cling to him continually? Maybe how he smelled? Zel made a mental note to change his deodorant brand after Amelia complemented him on his exciting new fragrance. Lina turned at that moment to see Amelia clinging to the chimera whilst he had a slightly glazed look on his face. She frowned thinking that it was a sign of Zel's love for the young girl and decided to put paid to that little romance, after ball Amelia was still too young. It wasn't as if she liked Zel herself. Not at all. She was just trying to be a good friend to both. Right. Little did she know that the glazed look was Zel thinking about how happy he would be if only it were the right girl clinging to his arm. And so the morning moved onto the afternoon.
 
After having recovered from her bout of near hysteria Lina was feeling decidedly embarrassed and as a result was avoiding Zelgadis whenever she could. This of course was very frustrating since the only reason he was here was to see her. Amelia, however, was doing her level best to make up for Lina's lack of attention. The way things were going he was going to high tail it out of there faster than Lina could cast a fireball. The other adventurers were also getting fed up with this whole business and cornered the sly princess to find out when her plan was going to get going. Apparently she had been waiting for the fake Mazoku to make his appearance since the show couldn't get started without him. She had chosen a powerful warrior from a neighbouring country so that he could defend himself enough to let the plan succeed. Zel on the other hand had been told that he was here to defend Seyruun against a recent outbreak of Mazoku attacks that had been going on in the city. Little did any of them know how accurate that falsehood had actually been, since at that very moment a Mazoku was silently attacking the population of Seyruun. He had heard rumors that the famed sorceress Lina Inverse had gathered there, and he was gathering information…….
 
Meanwhile, as news of the Mazoku attacks started filtering through to the palace Amelia just thought that it was her plan that was finally coming together. She was a bit indignant about how the actor she had hired hadn't come to introduce himself, but she figured that he probably didn't want to be seen around the palace too soon. Thus, having dismissed these troubling reports as such she went downstairs to hold a last conference with her fellow conspirators.
 
Lina frowned while walking next to Gourry. Amelia had placed them on the first “Patrol”, and she was still trying to think of ways to break up Amelia and Zel. Little did she know she was being watched by the latter as she went. As they were walking Gourry asked suddenly, “Oi, Lina? What do you think will happen to the plan if the Mazoku gets defeated before he can capture Amelia?” Lina frowned, then suddenly she started laughing. “Gourry!!!! What a brilliant idea!!”
“Eh?” What was she on about now?
A plan was already starting to formulate in her mind. If she could get rid of this fake Mazoku then he wouldn't be able to kidnap Amelia and then Zel wouldn't have to look for her. Throwing her arms around Gourry she gave him a kiss on the cheek. He stumbled in surprise as she quickly let go and ran off down the corridor. He sighed and started to give chase.
 
`Damn it!!' Thought Zel. He had been watching the oh so touching scene, but since even his hearing wouldn't reach that far he had obviously mis-interpreted the scene. He thought that Lina had finally given in to her feelings and confessed to Gourry which had caused her to run away in embarrassment. He hung his head. He was actually jealous of Gourry. His life had reached an all time low. How was a guy supposed to confess his feelings to the girl of his dreams when she was going around kissing other guys?!? Especially when he himself looked like a freak of nature. Even after all this time, he was still self-conscious about the way he looked. If only he could find that cure!!! On this depressing thought he left to go and walk around aimlessly until lights out.
 
Lina was still jogging. She had sprinted away from Gourry, out of the palace, and she was well on her way to the scene of the alledged Mazoku attacks. She was going to confront this two-bit actor and talk him out of this foolish plan before he even so much as reached the palace. The only problem was that she first had find him, and she had no idea what this guy even looked like. No sooner did she have this thought than she realized that she was being very foolish. The guy would obviously be dressed as a big bad monster. She turned around and neatly tossed a fireball at the freak who had only moments ago been right in her face. Looking around she heard disembodied laughter. “There's no way out for you now.” Okay, so maybe this guy wasn't a two-bit actor. All she had to do now was state her knowledge of Amelia's plan, and wait for the guy to surrender. “Hey, get out here you second-rate actor!!!” She yelled, making anybody within a mile of her block their ears. “Are you talking to me?” A very realistic looking Mazoku appeared before her. “Yeah I'm talking to you. Would you cut the big bad monster act, I know why you're here.”
“Do you now?”
“Yes. You're here to fall in with Amelia's little plan but I'm going to stop you from ever reaching the palace!”
“The palace?”
“Yes, the palace. Wait……..you are the actor Amelia hired aren't you?”
The Mazoku sweatdrops.
“No, and I don't see why I should even go near the palace when everything I want is right here!”
“Eh?!?!”
“That's right Ms. Inverse, I'm here only for you!”
“Oh sh**!!” Lina cursed loudly running away from what she had finally determined was a real Mazoku. “Fireball!!” She cast the spell behind her whilst running. She was in no shape to be fighting a Mazoku. It was near THAT time of the month and she could lose her powers at any moment. Then suddenly “MEGA BRANDO!!!”……………..Nothing happened!!! “Oh no.” She groaned softly. She had probably jinxed herself when she thought about it, but that time had come. She was already losing her major spells. Maybe should have considered a bit better before running off to face a Mazoku, but then, she hadn't been expecting a real one. All this was running through her mind as she headed for the palace and saw the most welcome sight of her life. It was Gourry and Zelgadis!!!! As she strained towards them a blast from behind enveloped her, and she knew no more.