Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Outrageous: Xellos is a father?! ❯ Brother of Mesuinu?! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mesuinu's Quest
Chapter Two: Mesuinu has an older brother?!
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊMesuinu arrives in a rather large city. Unlike the last city, filled with vampires, she doesn't seem to stand out at all. Why should she? She's just an ordinary mysterious priestess. "Okay. This time I should take the direct approach. The next lady I see I'll ask her if she knows my father! That should speed things up a bit.", Mesuinu comments to herself. Looking around, she glances at a beautiful blonde outside an antique shop. "Well.here's my chance.", Mesu sweatdrops.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊThe adventuring young priestess approaches the blonde woman without caution. The woman looks up at her, her eyes widening slightly. "Oh excuse me miss, I'm sorry to startle you. I am a traveling priestess and I was hoping the you could provide some information about a fellow priest called Xellos.", Mesuinu requests going straight to the point. "X..e..l..l..o..s..!!!!!", the blonde grimaces. Her hands immediately fly up and under her dress and before Mesuinu could even teleport away, the mace is brought up against her causing her to go soaring into the air.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ"Aaaaaaiiii iiiiiiieeeeeeeeee!!!!", Xellos's daughter cries out as she finds herself flying backwards into the air. Mesuinu quickly calms herself and teleports safely right side up on the ground. "Oooookay. Direct approach.bad. Hmmm.that woman looks kind of familiar.could she? Nah, of course not! Guess I better stick to plan A."
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊA few moments later Mesuinu is standing in front of a Brothel Tavern. Mesuinu steps to the side as less than pleasant company heads inside the building. "I'm.actually having second thoughts. I really need to figure out how to change my sex. There's no WAY I can go in there as a girl!" Mesuinu sighs and takes another step away from the brothel. A streak of light crosses Mesuinu's eyes as she gets a feeling of being watched. Her eyes dart to the side starting left then darting right. Slowly she turns her head before turning the rest of her body around to face tall, and maybe even handsome, figure that stood before her.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊThe man in question has sea blue hair with tall spikes on top and long and sharp around the sides loosely framing his face and yellowish eyes. He is a bit thin, but very muscular. His face appears solemn and serious, as if he has no reason to be happy and no need for pleasure. His almost invisible mouth widens into a smile and his eyes light up with joy as he suddenly wraps his arms around the young priestess in a tight bear hug. "I FINALLY FOUND YOU!", he proclaims embracing her. "Found.me? I.I think you found the wrong person."
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ"Of course not. I've been looking for you for a long time now. I'm so happy that I finally found you!", the young man informs letting go of his tight and deadly embrace. Mesuinu takes a couple of steps back and away from the stranger. "Look, I'm REALLY sorry, but I'm obviously not who you're looking for. I'm actually looking for someone myself. Besides, I don't even know you." "^^ I can tell you everything you need to know. Why don't we head to Eatall's Chow and discuss it over lunch?", the gentleman suggests.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊOf course, being half-Mazoku, Mesuinu knows not to trust strangers.or anyone for that matter. However, her stomach didn't care. Mesuinu sweatdrops with her eyes tightly closed. "Lunch sounds nice. I hope you're buying.", Mesuinu informs. "Of course I am." "You're SO going to regret that!", Mesuinu notes.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊIn less than half an hour, Mesuinu and her new companion are eating at Eatall's Chow. They both are eating the buffet and the gentleman is seeing just how piggish the priestess's manners are. "I NEED A REFILL.please!", Mesuinu orders quickly devouring food and dashing up to the buffet to get some more. A waiter comes by, opens yet another bottle of red wine, and just sets it on the table where she is sitting. Mesuinu immediately begins stuffing her face and guzzling down her wine. "Uh.it's kind of hard to talk while you're eating." "I'm not handicapped. I can listen and eat at the same time.", the priestess informs between meals.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ"I am Val, and I've been searching for you for a long time. Ever since I was very little." Mesuinu returns to her seat with two more plates of food. An adorable kitty plushie appears on her shoulder holding up a sign that reads "Mesuinu." (( Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon! I SOOOOOOOOO want to watch it!) The plushie promptly disappears. "Uh.Mesuinu. That's your name?", Val inquires. The plushie reappears holding up a sign with a red circle around it then disappears again. "I'm glad I finally found you! I was beginning to lose hope of ever finding my little sister!"
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊMesuinu's eyes widen as she drops her plates and her food begins to leak out of her wide-open mouth. She shakes her head and zooms back into her seat. "SISTER?! Now I KNOW you've got the wrong person!", the miko protests. Mesuinu's elbows rest on the table and she looks at Val sternly. He doesn't seem to be phased at all by her proclamation. "There's no WAY I can be his sister! Even so, if my father did have any other kids, there's no way I can let them live.", Mesuinu thinks deviously. "It's true. You are my little sister. You were kidnapped as a baby, but I never gave up hope of finding you.", Val insists. "I'm sorry, but you're looking for someone else. I was never kidnapped.", Mesuinu testifies. "Yes, you were. I awoke one morning to find you missing. Mom said that you were kidnapped, but she couldn't find a ransom note or anything.", the young man explains.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊMesuinu shakes her head. Her father may lie, but she knows that he would never have kidnapped his own child. With all of the trouble she had caused him, there was no way he had kidnapped her. Besides, why would Xellos actually WANT to raise a child, especially such a troublesome and mischievous child as Mesuinu? "I hate to tell you this, but my father never kidnapped me. The thought wouldn't have entered his head. I burdened him. He wouldn't bother to kidnap a baby. He was actually enjoying his life as it was before I was born, so why would he ruin his life by kidnapping and raising a child?", the mysterious priestess questions. "I didn't accuse your father of kidnapping you. Someone else probably kidnapped you and then left you with him.", Val suggests.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ"That does make sense. However, Xellos is CLEARLY my biological father. What would the chances be of me being kidnapped and then handed over to my biological father? Not very likely unless Lord Beastmaster wanted me to join the Mazoku race and had me kidnapped and given to my father, who was currently unaware of my existence. No. That doesn't make much sense either. I vaguely remember my babyhood. I think I was left on his doorstep. Someone must have intentionally put me there and daddy wasn't expecting someone to deliver a baby. It's clear that what my father told me was true, that my mother abandoned me. There's no way I could be this guys little sister. Still.the thought of having an older brother.is becoming.strangely.well, I suppose the thought makes me feel important and happy. However, I'm not this man's sister and I never will be.unless my dad has started shacking up with his mom sent I left.", Mesuinu monologues inside her head.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊLooking Val in the eye, Mesuinu opens her mouth to explain what she had already explained to herself in thought. "Are you looking for your mom?", Val asks. "Yes.", Mesuinu replies. "She's right in town. I can take you to her.", he smiles politely and pays the bill. Val immediately takes Mesuinu by the wrist and drags her outside. "She should be at the Antique Store.", Val notes escorting the priestess in that direction. Mesuinu gulps. Fear seems to momentarily take hold of her. Shaking her head, she closes her eyes.
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ"Mom! Guess what! I finally -!!", Val begins, but as he turns to look behind him, he sees no one there. He spins around looking for his little sister to no avail. "What did you say Val?" "I.I found my sister.but she's gone now. I'm sorry. I won't give up!"
ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊMesuinu takes a deep breath. "I barely got out of that one. That was close. I have a quest to complete, and I don't need to meet other people's mothers. I have my own to find. If he wasn't so delusional, he might have been able to help me. Oh well, I'll have to find her on my own.", Mesuinu comments to herself looking behind her as she walks off in the street. Suddenly she stops and finds that she has run into a tall and handsome young human male with short red hair and blue eyes. At his side is a well-crafted sword.