Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Resurrection ~ a continuation of fate ❯ Grim Defeat ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Slayers Resurrection

Chapter 8: Grim Defeat

¡@

Third piece of Shabaranigudu? Filia thought in shock. She turned her eyes sharply and looked at Prescott, her eyes trembling. Xelloss still remained his calm self, as if he¡¦d knew that this would happen sooner or later.

¡¥I should have known better that Grausherra would want his hands on this piece of junk.¡¦ Xelloss said silently. Why wouldn¡¦t Zelas tell me in the first place?

¡¥So that¡¦s why there were so many chimeras in this area?¡¦ Filia asked quietly behind Xelloss¡¦ back.

¡¥Obviously yes, because of the powers behind this piece of treasure,¡¦ Prescott looked sharply at Filia in the eyes, making her jerk, ¡¥to us Mazokus.¡¦

¡¥So tell me Prescott.¡¦ Xelloss said, putting back his mask of fake cheerfulness on, ¡¥what does Dynast actually want.¡¦

¡¥You know perfectly well Xelloss, that he wants to trigger the second Koumar war.¡¦ Prescott replied in a low voice.

¡¥Isn¡¦t that something all Mazoku¡¦s want?¡¦ Xelloss said, opening one eye.

¡¥Maybe, to some people.¡¦ Prescott¡¦s eyes suddenly made a go, which made Xelloss suddenly feel a snap of wind going through his head.

Prescott¡¦s eyes shined red, dangerously red, then it suddenly shot some energy out, aiming right towards Xelloss.

¡¥Get out!¡¦ Xelloss shouted, pushing Filia out of the way.

¡@

¡@

¡@

¡@

¡@

¡ ¥Look out Lina!¡¦ Gourry shouted, he sprang forwards and scooped a motionless Lina up in the air, then landed on the ground a few feet from Elicia.

¡¥Fire BALL!¡¦ Zelgadiss and Amelia shouted, flames bursting from their hands, aiming straight at Elicia. But the long haired girl just smiled, closing her eyes, not even moving. The crimson flames surrounded her, then melted into the air.

¡¥I don¡¦t think that you¡¦d only have that little strength would you.¡¦ Elicia said slowly, narrowing her eyes, she turned her eyes to look at Lina, who was looking back at her with determination in her eyes.

¡¥You know, I like that.¡¦ Elicia commented, forming some white and red energy in her palm. A cool breeze blew through the area. ¡¥Determination¡K..¡¦ Then she held out her arm and the energy hurled out towards them, ice pillars and fire arrows shooting towards them.

¡¥Lina!¡¦ Amelia shrieked, running forward.

¡¥Windy SHIELD!¡¦ Lina shouted, holding her hands out. Wind centered into her palms, then spread out to form a transparent shield in front of her and Gourry, neutralizing all the attacks.

¡¥Don¡¦t look down on me.¡¦ Lina said, glaring at Elicia, who had her eyes hidden under her eyes.

¡¥I never.¡¦ She said in a whisper, ¡¥look down on people.¡¦ Then she jumped up and threw small sharp pieces of ice at them.

Amelia screamed and dodged, while Zelgadiss casted windy shield.

¡¥Flare LANCE!¡¦ Lina yelled, letting go the hundred arrows of fire. Elicia narrowed her eyes, then teleported.

¡¥Where did she go?¡¦ Gourry asked, looking around, sweat coming out.

¡¥Here.¡¦ The familiar voice rang, then the green haired girl appeared right behind Lina, knocking the wind out of her. Lina screamed, falling right into Gourry¡¦s arms.

¡¥Lina!¡¦ Zelgadiss shouted, ¡¥Ra TILT!¡¦ but Elicia disappeared instantly, reappearing right in front of Zelgadiss, kicking him from the chin upwards, causing him to fall down.

¡¥Zel ¡V ¡¥ before Amelia could finish her words, she was caught in a swirl of lightening, screaming, then fell flat on the ground.

Elicia landed swiftly on a rock, her feet touching the surface softly. Looking at them.

¡¥Cur ¡V curse you.¡¦ Zelgadiss muttered, holding his chin. Amelia managed to sit up, her right sleeve ripped.

Lina was murmuring something, her talisman glowing.

¡¥Lina.¡¦ Gourry whispered

Those who oppose us shall be destroyed by the power you and I possess!¡¦ Lina¡¦s voice echoed through the forest. She held her hands before her chest, still in the sitting position, sweat dripping down from her face, shadowing her eyes.

¡¥DRAGU SLAVE!!¡¦ Lina screamed, the crimson flame bursting from her out held hands, aiming squarely at Elicia, which swallowed her completely.

They were silent for a while, looking at the flame.

¡¥Lina¡K¡K did you¡K.. we¡K¡K win?¡¦ Amelia asked, her voice coming in shallow gasps.

¡¥I, I guess so.¡¦ Lina replied, managing to stand up with Gourry¡¦s help.

¡¥Not so fast¡K..¡¦ Elicia¡¦s voice travelled through the fire.

¡¥What?¡¦ Lina looked up, and saw that the flames were rising up into the air.

¡¥Not even Dragon Slave?¡¦ Zelgadiss glared up.

¡¥Don¡¦t you feel bored? Always using this spell.¡¦ Elicia asked. ¡¥Well I am.¡¦

¡¥What do you¡K..¡¦ Lina started.

¡¥Darkness from twilight, crimson from blood that flows; buried in the flow of time¡K¡K¡¦ the flames suddenly roared out loud, more fierce than before. ¡¥In Thy great name, I pledge myself to darkess. Those who opppose us shall be destroyed, by the power you and I possess!¡¦

¡¥No¡K¡K¡¦ ; Lina whispered, her eyes trembling. The flames started to come to a point.

¡¥DRAGU¡K¡K SLAVE!¡¦ suddenly the flames shot out, travelling separately in what looked like a thousand of paths, then surrounded the four of them and wrapped them up in a tornado of roaring red flame.

¡@

¡@

¡@

¡@

¡¥Xello ss!¡¦ Filia shouted, just as the red light aimed squarely at Xelloss¡¦ gut. The Priest widened his eyes, then fell to the floor with a loud thud, his staff landing right in front of Filia, the light surrounding his body. For a moment, Filia thought that he was already dead, her eyes filled with horror. Then she looked up and saw that the strings of red light were controlled by Prescott¡¦s eyes. The general walked forward slowly, his mouth curved in a grin.

What does he want? Filia thought, clutching her cloak with her hand, still kneeling on the floor. Prescott stood right in front of Xelloss¡¦ lump body, his eyes burning with anger. He lifted Xelloss up like a feather by the neck. The Trickster opened his eyes reluctantly, clutching his stomach with his gloved hands, sweat coming out.

¡¥I do know perfectly well that my powers are no comparison to you Priest Xelloss.¡¦ Prescott said, staring right into Xelloss¡¦ eyes, which made him yell out in pain. ¡¥But I know that your weak point, is your spirit.¡¦ The red light that was surrounding him suddenly stopped, then broke into sharp pieces, piercing on the surface of Xelloss¡¦ skin. He yelled louder, while Prescott was still forcing Xelloss to look at him.

Spirits? Filia thought. Aren¡¦t all Mazoku souls afraid of mental attacks? What difference will it make for Xelloss? Or is he, is Prescott trying to look inside his soul? She looked at the staff which was abandoned in front of her. Then suddenly the red jewel at the top shined violently. While the people around them screamed at the shining light. Filia saw that Xelloss had stopped shouting, his eyes closing¡K

¡@

¡@

¡@

¡@

Where am I? Slim lavender eyes slowly opened, then looked at the surroundings.

Darkness¡K¡K

He heard battling sounds, swords clanging to each other, ringing endlessly through the darkness.

Sounds of terror ripped through, making his heart beat faster. With, joy?

But something uncomfortable was swirling in his head, something that wanted to make him stop, making his heart stop beating. Did he have a heart anyway?

Then faintly, very faintly he saw a figure with long hair

Then something sharp, a blot of light came shooting out from nowhere, piercing right through the figure before his eyes, disappearing.

His lavender eyes widened, trembling¡K

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

¡@

&iex cl;@

¡@

¡@

¡¥NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!¡¦ Xelloss suddenly yelled hysterically, snapping open his eyes, he lifted his hands and wrapped it around Prescotts neck, squeezing so tight that it would have been cut off if he had just put in a little bit more strength.

¡¥Xelloss!¡¦ Filia screamed. Then she covered her eyes as Prescott increased the numbers of light piercing through Xelloss, but the priest ignored the pain, narrowing his eyes, he suddenly turned into a glob of black energy, then into swirling black cones, which in return starting going right through Prescott.

¡¥Xelloss¡¦ real form,¡¦ Filia whispered, staring at the scene before him, ¡¥a mazoku¡K¡K¡¦

Then the next thing was explosion.

¡@

¡@

¡@

¡@

¡@

¡¥You didn¡¦t kill them did you?¡¦

¡¥Of course not.¡¦ Elicia said, slowly opening her eyes, floating in the air. ¡¥I wouldn¡¦t even think about it.¡¦

¡¥You wouldn¡¦t suppose that the Dragon Slave you gave back to them would take their lives would it?¡¦ the voice rang in Elicia¡¦s head.

¡¥No,¡¦ Elicia narrowed his eyes, looking up at the tornado that was swirling around, causing the trees around it catching fire, ¡¥if they do die, then I would never understand why they¡¦d have the ability to destroy one piece of Shabaranigudu, Darkstar or the servants of Ruby eye Cocette.¡¦

¡¥They do have some sort of magical barrier to protect them though.¡¦ Cocette said.

¡¥I just want to see, what other spells they¡¦d have.¡¦ Elicia was still staring at the flame.

¡¥The only ones that have a chance to defeat you might just be Laguna Blade and Giga Slave.¡¦

¡¥No, Lina wouldn¡¦t even dare use Giga Slave.¡¦ Elicia lowered her voice, ¡¥and Laguna Blade does not have any effect on me, now that I¡¦m with you.¡¦

¡¥Well you can always use my powers if you¡¦d like Elicia.¡¦ Cocette responded.

Elicia suddenly jerked up and turned around sharply, focusing her eyes on a black figure that suddenly disappeared.

What was that? Elicia thought. She heard a chanting voice from the fire.

¡¥by all of the power thou possesseth, grant the heavens¡¦ wrath to my hands¡K¡K¡¦

Elicia smiled, ¡¥Finally using the one and last spell eh, Lina Inverse.¡¦

¡¥unleash the sword of dark, freezing nothingness; by our power, our combined might,¡¦ the fire started to slow down, while dark energy started peeking out from it, ¡¥let us walk as one along the path of destruction¡K¡K. Laguna BLADE!¡¦ Lina¡¦s voice echoed through the place, the flames melting into the howling blade.

The red haired sorceress sprang forward, raising the blade above her head. At the corner of her eyes she saw something colorful light shining in Elicia¡¦s hands, forming something long a sharp. Then in came in contact with the blade.

¡¥What the ¡V ¡¥ Lina widened her eyes as it turned out to be a long sharp sickle, which started to suck in the blade¡¦s energy. ¡¥NO.¡¦

Finally the dark blade was completely gone, vanished from Lina¡¦s hands. Elicia suddenly appeared behind Lina, the sickle¡¦s inner blade right under her chin.

¡¥You lost, Lina Inverse.¡¦