Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers/SM Crossover ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Sailor Moon/Slayers Fic
Episode Six: Epilogue! L-sama no Miko comes visiting
By Sakura

Xellos and Hotaru stood before a blonde haired woman sitting on a throne covered with various animal skins. "You've both done very well Xellos, Xylia," she said taking a puff on her cigarette.
"Thank you, mistress," said the mazoku priest.
"Arigatou, ma'am," echoed his sister.
"No, thank you," replied the mazoku lord, "You two have managed to get rid of another of my annoying brothers." Xellas gestured beside her and a glass of wine appeared on a table next to the throne. She took a sip before continuing. "I should have known Dynast was up to no good when he always refused to visit."
"If you no longer need me, Juuou-sama -" Xel started to say.
The blonde mazoku chuckled. "Go ahead and play, Xel dear," she said wtih a smirk, knowing full well what her priest hand in mind. "I trust Lina wasn't hurt."
"Not at all, mistress." The woman nodded and smiled indicating he shouldn't keep his latest pet waiting. The trickster priest bowed then left the throne room. Hotaru was about to follow him when she heard Valgarv's voice yelling outside in the hall.
"I already told ya! Ya can't go in there! You $%#&in' deaf or something?" The purple haired girl sensed a great amount of power coming from the other side of the doors and shivered. There was a muted thump when something hit the floor and the doors opened as a hooded figure entered, calmly approaching the mazoku girl.
"What a pleasant surprise, Miko-sama," Xellas said quickly dousing her cigarette. "What brings you to this neck of the woods?"
"Konnichi wa, Xellas." The figure lowered her hood to reveal a young fox girl with pale lavendar hair and silver blue eyes. "How are things going with you?"
"Couldn't be better now that my fool brother Dynast decided to take an extended vacation."
"Oh so that's what I felt. I guess L-sama's going to have her hands full with that one," the fox girl said smiling.
"Um... excuse me," Hotaru said timidly. The power she felt earlier came from the fox girl and it was making her uneasy again. "Who are you?"
"Oh silly me, where are my manners?" Juuou said, rubbing the back of her head. "Xylia-chan, meet the L-sama no Miko."
"L-sama... no Miko?" she asked. Xellos had told her of the god who created his and many other worlds including hers, but she never imagined her to be real.
"Hello, Hota-chan," the fox girl said using the name she had been given on her original world. "How are you doing? I hope the fruitcake hasn't been mistreating you."
The girl shivered as the miko's attention was now focused back on her. "I-I'm fine thank you. X-Xellos 'niisan's been real nice to me."
"Glad to hear that. I know how wild he can get sometimes. Well you ready?" she asked holding out her hand.
"Ready?" Hotaru asked staring confusedly at the proffered hand.
"I'm here to take you home, Hota-chan," the miko said.
"You mean back to Chibi-Usa-chan and Usagi-san," it was a statement rather than a question. The lavendar haired fox girl nodded.
"You ready," she asked again.
"Just one damn minute here!" Valgarv said as he rushed in, recovering from the 'Vulcan Neck Pinch' the miko had given him earlier.
"I knew I did it wrong," she muttered.
"Nobody's gonna take Xylia anywhere!" he yelled, glaring at the fox girl as he placed himself between the two females, his feet firmly planted on the floor.
The L-sama no Miko had an amused smile on her face as she stared right back at the dragon mazoku. "Oh? And just what do you plan to do if I try, Val-chan." The aqua haired mazoku growled, being one who could never stand being taunted. He then proceeded to transform into his half anczoku, half mazoku form, ready to attack should the fox girl make any sudden moves toward the girl he'd come to love. Instead of an expected blast of power, the lavender haired miko just laughed.
"I'd love to stay and wrestle with you, Val darling, but I'm on a tight schedule here. Places to go, chaos to spread." Seeing the looks Hotaru was giving the dragon mazoku, the miko smiled as she came to a decision. "Tell you what, I'll let Hota-chan stay for now since the boss doesn't really need her back right now." That seemed to calm him down somewhat.
"Then why the %^$#in' hell'd ya come get her for?!" Valgarv asked, annoyed.
"Well, I'd thought I'd bring her back early. Y'know for just in case," replied the fox girl. "Of course, it's all up to Hotaru to decide here." She looked at the purple haired mazoku girl who was now shifting nervously on her feet, blushing slightly as the aqua haired mazoku wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Do you want to stay, Hota-chan?" asked the miko.
She looked down at her feet, suddenly interested in something on the floor. The mazoku girl was being torn apart inside. She did want to go back to her world and be with her father and newfound friends there, but she also wanted to stay there in that crazy mixed up world where she also had a family of sorts and friends. And equally important, she didn't want to leave Valgarv. He was the first man not only to kiss her, but was willing to love her in spite of what she was.
Sensing the girl's hesitation to answer, the L-sama no Miko placed a hand on her arm. "Take your time to think about this Hotaru. Once I take you home, you won't be able to come back here for a VERY long time."
She did want to see Chibi-Usa again, if only to make sure she and the others were all right and that the world would be o.k. She also wanted them to know she was all right as well. But she didn't want to make her newfound brother and boyfriend unhappy either.
Feeling her eyes on him, Valgarv turned to face her. "Look, I don't know exactly what's going on here, but if you wanna go, Xylia... then go. I'll... I'll be fine," he said trying not to sound heartbroken.
That was it. She would stay after all. She couldn't bear to see anyone in pain even if the person was a cold blooded killer or even a demon. Besides she too would be in pain if she were to leave him. During the trip to Dynast's domain, the purple haired mazoku general had fallen for Valgarv only to find that he had the same feelings for her. Their feelings for each other only got stronger on the way back.
"You... you sure I could stay?" she asked the miko timidly.
"Not permanently," L-sama no Miko replied. "It all depends on Usagi."
"Usagi?" repeated Hotaru. "Oh that's right! She's the moon princess, right?"
Nodding, the fox girl continued. "She's strong as a sailor senshi, but not as strong as she'll be in the future. Should L-sama ever feel that Usagi needs your help -"
"I understand," Hotaru said gravely. "I'll have to leave sooner or later."
"Oi! Cheer up, you two!" the miko said noticing the glum looks on the two lovers. "Think of it this way, you're on a nice long vacation Hota-chan. The way the ginzuishou's been getting stronger, I bet you'll never have to go back. Well I'll see you around. Oh and Xellas, tell that imp of a priest of yours to stop by once in a while. I haven't seen him in the longest time."
"I'll do that Miko-sama. Please feel free to pop in anytime," replied the mazoku lord.
"I will," said the fox girl pulling her hood back over her head. "If I can get a day off," she added under her breath. "Well, I'm off! Ja ne minna!" The L-sama no Miko then vanished in a burst of golden light.
"Why don't you two run along now. I'm sure Val's got a whole load of questions for you Xylia-chan," Juuou said enjoying the aqua haired mazoku's confusion at the strange happening.
Deciding to take her cue, Hotaru grabbed Valgarv and politely left the mazoku lord's throne room. When they reached the privacy of her room, the purple haired general finally let her boyfriend voice the questions running wild in his head.
"Just what did that miko person mean 'take you home?' Isn't Wolf Pack Island your home, Xylia? And why did she insist on calling you Hotaru? Your name's Xylia, right?"
Sighing, she gestured to a pair of chairs by a newly formed fireplace. 'Looks like someone's done some remolding,' she absently noted. "You'd better sit down, Val-kun. This could take some time." The dragon mazoku did as he was told and sat on one of the chairs while she took the other. "I... I'm not from this world," she began.

*****

Throughout the entire story, he had sat calmly as the girl he'd come to love explain who and what she really was. She was still Xellos' sister of course, but thanks to the Lord of Nightmares' intervention, she had been sent to one of Her many worlds to serve as its protector. She went on to explain how for a thousand years, she'd been asleep waiting for L-sama to bring her back, but it seemed that the Lord of Nightmares had forgotten her until his master Garv had seen her during one of his travels to the other worlds.
"That's one hell of a story, Xylia, um Hotaru or whatever your name is," the dragon mazoku said stunned.
"I know. I really can't believe it all myself," she said smiling at the absurdity of it all. "But here I am."
"So should I call you Hotaru now or what?" he asked her.
"I'd like that. I tried telling 'niisan to do that, but he just insists on using the name I had when I lived here."
"He's a real pain all right." The aqua haired man winced when she frowned at him. "Sorry."
"It's o.k. Val-kun. I forgive you. You want to um, take a walk somewhere?" she asked shyly, looking at her hands in her lap.
"S-sure. I'd, um, be happy to," he said blushing slightly. The two then left the cozy little room, hand in hand.


~Owari~

*****
Not much of an ending, ne? I tried to get past the dreaded problem known as writer's block and this is all I could come up with for the end. If I get any better ideas, maybe I'll rewrite this. I also apologize for the blatant author insertion in this part, but I just couldn't resist. Anyway I hope you liked it. ^_^
Ja ne!!
-Sakura aka L-sama no Miko