Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Somethng's gonna happen ❯ Long hair and flying rocks ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

BORING! Thought a certain purple haired priest, sitting up in a tree above a small clearing. It's so boring after we finish a long quest.
 
The group had just yesterday found the manuscript they had been looking for during the past several weeks. Zel had herd a possibly rumor of a cure so he drug the group off in search of the small silver orb. The orb was suppose to be able to undo one bad thing that had happened in a persons past, it didn't actually change the past though it just changed the person so they would be if the event had never happened to them. The odd rumor and stories took them through 6 old abandoned cities, 7 dangerous old caves and 1 brothel. It had been Xellos's idea to go to the brothel, but sense they actually found the orb there no one was able to complain. Except for Amelia of course, she complained about everything. It had been uses as a brooch by the owner. Xellos never told how he had gotten it from he man but that was fine because no one really wanted to know.
 
When Zel finally used it three days later under the required full moon, it didn't come out the way he wanted it to. The problem was, the orb did undo a time that Zel in the past. But the problem was the orb picked a random event to undo. So when all was said and done and the orb had disintegrated, Zel still had the rocky skin, demonic speed and the hard metal like hair. Only now the hard metal like hair went past his shoulders.
 
Apparently when he was younger someone had forced him to get his hair cut very short
 
Xellos could still hear Lina and Gourry's loud laughter ringing in his ears, and Amelia lecturing them about how mean they where being while she tried not to laugh herself. He still felt slightly ill from all the mirth that he had been exposed to.
 
They now where traveling to a near by town to find a set of strong shears to cut Zel's hair. Lina had broken his small pair while cutting his bangs in to his normal style.
 
Xellos looked down at the slumbering group spread around a dyeing fire.
 
Lina was flopping around every now and then, already halfway out of her bed roll. Most likely dreaming about fame, fortune, and food, you could tell because she was drooling. She had her cape folded up as a pillow and her short sword was no where to be seen. She had laced it in one of the small pocket dimensions in her cape to keep it safe for the night.
 
Gourry was also half out of his bed roll, floundering around like a fish out of water. The jellyfish couldn't even keep still in his sleep! He even still had hi sword and all of his armor on. That had to be uncomfortable.
 
Amelia was lying comfortably curled up, muttering short justice speeches under her breath. If you ever happened to listen the speeches got dumber and dumber as the night wore on. The trickster up in the tree was sure he herd her say, “juz-tice goood, rock nice…friend….” at one point.
 
Zelgadis was oddly enough the most normal sleeper out of the bunch. He seemed to have found a good spot lay there and hadn't moved sense. He had his longer hair pulled back in to a pony tail to keep it out of his face and his sword was in front of him ready in case of a night time attack.
 
What to do tomorrow? Xellos thought to him self trying to rid him self of his boredom, he may have been immortal but that didn't he like having nothing to do.
 
Zel will definitely want to get those new clippers, but that shouldn't take very long. Maybe I should let the location of another powerful item slip...Naa, we just did that. Hummm maybe a exotic restaurant hunt? No, the closest one s much to far away...
 
Xellos sat and thought for a few hours tying to think of something that they haven't done recently and wasn't a 12 day walk from where they were.
 
“I”VE GOT IT!” he smiled while yellingtriumphantly.
 
“SHUT IT YOU DUMB MAZOKU!” Lina screamed woken by his loud exclamation.
 
Xellos was just about to apologize, when a rock flew up and hit him in the head knocking him out of the tree.
 
Zel smirked to himself as he lay back down. Bull's-eye
 
Lina smiled and got back under the warm blanket, happy knowing she would wake up tomorrow and see Xellos with a black eye. He had it coming to him.