Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Zelas goes Christmas shopping ❯ Zelas goes Christmas shopping ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: Never owned, never will.



Zelas sighed as she looked down at the rather long list in her hand. This just wasn't working.

Everyone had scoffed at her when she had decided to raise her priest as if her were her son. They said it would make him weak. Well she showed them. Not only was her priest the strongest, he was the most loyal minion any of them had. Of course that loyalty wasn't without a price.

Zelas sighed yet again as she reread Xelloss' list of 'demands'.

She hadn't heard of half the things on his wish list and the other half were sold out. Here she was on Christmas Eve, trying to work her way through the crowded city streets to find one thing that Xelloss might like.

To top it off all this holiday cheer was giving her a headache.

Christmas was definately not her favorite time of year.


----------


"Sorry ma'am we just sold the last one half an hour ago," The scrawny toy store clerk chimed to Zelas automatically.

She marked a line through the item on her list. Just one thing left to try.

"Okay so you don't have the Lina Inverse, Enemy of All playset. How about a Lord of Nightmares action figure.?"

"Eh, no ma'am. Those had a safety recall after the little boy blew up half his town."

Zelas sighed out of habbit and wandered out of the store. Now what was she going to do? That was the last toy store and she didn't have a thing!

A caroller barrelled into her, causing her stumble. She felt her last nerve snap as she grabbed the errant singer by his shirt.

"Why don't you look where you're going you...pitiful...ex..." Zelas dropped the human and took a step toward the wonderful sight that had drawn her attention. She hurriedly pulled the, now tattered, list from her pocket.

"Let's see. My First Clair Bible, no. Naga the Serpent life size doll, definately no. Orange of Doom, no. AH! Here it is! Pet." A slow evil smile crept over her face. "Perfect. Just perfect."


----------


The lights on the Christmas tree shone dully off the Shabranigdo ornaments. A crooked star clung to the top for dear life as Zelas shoved a very large box under the not quite tall enough tree. A big purple bow and tag marked 'Xelloss' hung haphazardly to the top.

It seemed she had just barely collapsed into a chair and closed her eyes when Xelloss came prancing into the room.

"YES! IT'S CHRISTMAS! IT'S CHRISTMAS!" the hyper priest shouted as he bounced around her chair. "Can I open my present?! Can I?! Can I?!"

Zelas resisted the urge to choke him and instead wave him toward the tree. "Yes I guess you should. I seem to have forgotten the air holes."

"Air holes?" questioned Xelloss as he pulled the monsterous box out from under the tree. "What did you get me that requires air holes?"

Zelas sighed, then shook her head to break the habbit. "Just open the dang thing. It took me long enough to find you something."

Xelloss pulled off the lid and looked inside.

"Thankyou! Thankyou! It's just what I wanted!" he called to his 'mother' as he pulled a bound and gagged Filia out of the box.