Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Genesis Adventures 2 ❯ The Gift ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Genesis Adventures

All related Sonic characters are ©2002 Sega Enterprises/Sonic Team by copyright law.

This story is copyrighted by Matrix the Hedgehog and I own my characters.

Written by: Alice Marshall (aka Matrix the hedgehog)

Edited by: C. E. Rodriguez (aka Scotty CF)

~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: The Gift

This story starts over 50 years ago in Neotopia, an area in the west part of Mobius.

A family by the name `Raven' owned the largest horse ranch in the area. They had over 250 stables, five large barns, four large corrals, and about 15 smaller corrals, and soon that family would be broken. The wooden house was large, and two parents had three children.

"Kids, come downstairs," shouted a voice from the kitchen. "Breakfast's ready!" A sudden eerie silence filled the wooden house.

"Coming, Mom," a chorus of young voices shouted back, and they came running down as fast as their legs could go.

The three young sandy brown hedgehogs ran into the kitchen, sat on their chairs, and they had their breakfast. The two boys' ages were five and thirteen, and the girl was four years old.

"So, kids, what are you three doing today?" asked their mother, a light gold brown hedgehog. Her name was Violet, and her husband Rime, a dark brown hedgehog, sat next to her, eating.

"Oh, I'm going around to Silas." Max said, and he had a mouth full of food as he spoke.

"Max, don't speak with your mouth full." Violet said, looking at her youngest son, who smiled at her.

Suddenly, humans smashed the front door in.

"Violet, get the kids out!" Rime shouted, and he hit one of the humans in the face, but then four jumped him from behind.

Violet got her children, and ran out the door. As she ran, she turned her head over her shoulder back at the house, and saw to her horror as Rime was shot. The humans killed him, and she turned back with tears in her eyes, and continued to run.

~~~~~~

It had been a year now since Violet had given Ken and June to Moses and Salem Corban, one at a time in two weeks, but the humans found her, so she had to run again.

Max was her youngest son, and she held him close to her as she stood on the bridge that looked a lot like the Golden Gate Bridge.

"I'm sorry, Max, here we must part, but we'll meet again, I promise." Then she put the young Max in a hole, and she ran.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A long time past, and the six-year-old had been crying for a while now.

"Ssshhh, don't cry," a soft voice said. Max looked to see a 17-year-old female human. She wore a white dress with blue here and there.

"Get away!" Max shouted at her as he waved his hands around.

"Ssshhh, I'm not going to hurt you. My name's Maria, Maria Robotnik." She picked up the young Max.

"Where's my mother?" asked Max, still crying

"I don't know," Maria said softly, looking around, and then she looked at Max. "What's your name?" she asked.

"Max," he said, drying his tears with the back of his hand.

"Do you have a last name, Max?" Maria asked.

"Raven," he replied

"Well, Max Raven, I think you and me are going to be good friends." Maria said with a smile on her face. "My Grandfather and I will take care of you."

"Maria…is that your name?" Max asked, and she nodded. She took his hand, and the two walked away.

In the shadows behind them was Violet. "I'm so sorry, son." A silver tear dropped from her right eye. She slowly turned and ran off.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A month past, and Max made himself at home on the Space colony ARK. All the humans there were nice, all apart from one; his name was Grey Orin, a Professor in his line of work.

Grey followed Max into his lab. Grey, who hated all Mobians, told the young Mobian that he needed help with his work.

"So, you want me to get in this tube?" asked the young Max

"Yes, you'll be helping me a lot." Grey said, trying to be nice.

Grey helped the young Mobian into a large glass tube, and Grey started to connect clear wires to his arms, legs, and chest.

"Why are you doing that?" Max asked, a bit confused.

"So I can hear your heartbeat." Grey lied to him.

"Okay."

>>>>>>>>>Max's point of view<<<<<<<<<

The door of the glass tube closed, and this greenish yellow, foul smelling water-like liquid filled the tube with me inside. I was trapped in the tube, and I tried to pound on the glass, but my hand only fell against it, weakly.

"Professor, let me out!" I cried, and I started to get scared.

But Grey didn't do anything. The clear wires on my arms, legs, and chest started to go reddish purple.

>>>>>>>>><<<<<<< <<<<<

~~~~~~~~~~~

2 years later…

"Grey, where is Max?" Maria said angrily. She was standing in his lab. It was a mess with papers and plans all over the tables, half full cups of coffee, and old food just lying around. Grey sat at his desk, working.

"I don't know, Maria," replied the 35-year-old Professor. He looked at her, and it sent a cold wave of fear down her spine. She turned, and walked out, down the new silver corridors of the Space colony.

{Max, where are you?} She wondered.

"Grandfather, why do you have to put up with that monster?" Maria asked as she walked into her Grandfather's clean lab.

"That guy, granddaughter is one of the scientists helping me in my work," replied the old human.

"Grandfather, do you know where--" Maria was stopped in her sentence.

"MARIA!" Two voices shouted. Maria turned to see two hedgehogs, one black with red stripes on his spikes, and the other was white with red and black stripes on his spikes. The two looked like twins.

"Max! Shadow!" She called as she ran over to them. "Where have you two been?"

"Around," Max replied, looking at Shadow with a big grin.

"MATRIX!" another voice shouted. Max turned, and the look on his face was fear; he was scared.

"MATRIX, COME HERE NOW!"

"Maria, I don't want to…" Max said, and he looked at Maria.

She bent down to him, and said something in his ear. "I promise I'll help you."

Grey walked into the lab, and shouted at the young hedgehog. "MATRIX, GET HERE NOW!" He walked over to Max, grabbed his arm, and pulled him out of the lab.

"Gerald…" It was all Grey said.

"Maria, you promised me you would help!" Max screamed as he was dragged out the lab.

"I'm sorry…" Maria whispered to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in Grey's lab, Grey walked over to a table, and he picked up a needle with purple liquid in it. "Hold still, rodent!" He pushed the needle into Max's right arm.

"Aaaahh!" Max cried in pain.

"Shut up!" Grey hit Max around the face, and then he grabbed another needle from the same table; this one had a clear liquid in it. "Now get in the tube."

"No," said the 8-year-old Max.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY," Grey shouted, "RODENT?"

"Nothing." Max said.

He walked over to the tube, and got inside. Grey connected the clear wires to his arms, legs, and chest. Max put a mask on, and after he did, the tube instantly filled with greenish yellow liquid. Max closed his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

A year later…

The tube opened, and Max fell out, coughing and he vomited water. Then he started to have a coughing fit.

After the coughing fit, he asked himself, {No sign of Grey?}

Max stood up, and the steel floor was wet and cold under his feet. He, too, was wet and cold. He grabbed a lab coat, put it on, and then walked out of the lab and into the corridors of the Space colony. But something was wrong. The once silver corridors were now lifeless and dark.

"HELLO?" Max called. His voice echoed down the corridors, and then he put his hand to his mouth. {Is that my voice?} He thought. His voice was still that of a child, but to him, it sounded funny.

He heard a noise around a corridor, and he walked to see what it was. He instantly turned to the corridor to see five humans in crimson red military uniforms staring at him.

"Hey, kid," one said.

Max turned, and ran the way he had just came from, but he ran into a dead-end. He turned to face the upcoming humans. He held out both of his hands, facing the danger, and a wave of white light left them. Shocked and confused, Max ran past the humans on the floor. But this time he ran into someone. He looked at the person in front of him.

"Ma…RI…a," Max tried to say, and he looked at her. She was bleeding on her right side, and badly too.

"M…a…x," she said weakly, and then she fell to the cold floor.

>>>>>> Max's point of view <<<<<<

I helped her up, and being a hedgehog, I thought she would be too hard to carry, but she was as light as a feather. I got her into an escape pod, and we left the ARK. After the pod hit the planet, I helped Maria out, and I had to get her to a doctor fast. The closest town I got to had a doctor, and he helped Maria.

>>>>>>>>><<<<<<< <<<<

~~~~~~~~~~

Another year had gone by, and Max is nine years old now.

Both Max and Maria had been captured by another military power called F.I.R.E. Max was in a cell alone.

"MARIA!" A young voice called from a cell. The young hedgehog sat in the corner of the dark cell, and he had been in this dark cell for over four weeks, with no food or drink.

"Maria, are you okay?" The 9-year-old asked.

"Never better, rodent," a male voice said. The door opened, and Max saw Maria being held by her neck.

"You'll come with us now," demanded a different voice.

The voice that spoke before was from one of the military officers; he had a crimson red uniform on.

Max stood up in the cell, and walked out of the cell to see Grey, and more humans in crimson uniforms. But one of the humans had a black uniform, and he was the leader.

Max did as he was told. Then one of the soldiers put Max, Maria, and Grey in a large red helicopter, and they soon arrived at another base. The three walked into a lab-like room, and in the center of it was a cryogenics tube.

"Get in it," one of the soldiers ordered Max.

Then Max turned to see Maria. She was sad, and she started to cry. The soldier pushed Max inside the tube, but this one didn't fill with liquid; this one froze him. After Max was frozen, the leader turned and walked out the room.

"Grey, that's the last time your creation is going to see daylight," a voice from the shadows said.

"BUT…"

"No, Grey, Project Genesis is over. We have all your work and data here, now go," the voice ordered.

"FINE." Grey walked out of the room, and did not turn back.

Half an hour after Grey had gone…

"Commander," said one of the officers.

"Yes, Project Genesis is not finished. `03' and `02' are here in this building, and they will help us, or should I say, they will…" The owner of the voice walked out into the light to reveal a male human.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12 years passed…

The cryogenics tube opened, and Max slowly opened his eyes to see humans in greyish blue uniforms looking at him.

"Hello, sir," one of the humans said, "don't try to talk, you've been cryogenic for twelve years." Max only nodded.

"I'll help you," another human said, and he helped Max to sit up.

The humans soon got Max to the infamy, and he sat on the table as the cat Mobian doctor check him over.

"How do you feel?" The doctor asked.

"I've felt better." Max said weakly, and the doctor looked at him.

"You've been threw a lot, haven't you?" The doctor asked, and Max just nodded.

"Doctor, how is he?" asked a robotic voice.

Max and the doctor looked up to see a robotic hedgehog standing in the doorway.

"I'm sorry, but you have to wait outside," the doctor said.

"Daddy…" Max said quietly.

The robot hedgehog heard him, and ran up to him. "Max, you remember me." He hugged Max.

"I thought you were…" Max said.

"We helped him," another voice said. Max turned to see a human in a Commander uniform.

"My name is Kerry, and you're Max Raven," Kerry told him. "I am pleased to rejoin you to your family." Kerry stepped aside, and Max's brother and sister ran in. Ken and June hugged Max, and then Violet walked in slowly.

"Mom!" Max said, and the two hugged for a long time. The doctor and then Kerry left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later, Max was up and walking.

"Max, I have something to ask you," Kerry said, and Max looked over to him. "Would you like to join G.U.N? I mean would you like to be an agent for us? You can think about it if you wish."

"The answer is yes." Max replied. "Oh, don't call me Max."

"Oh, what would you like to be called?" asked Kerry

"Call me Matrix." Max replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~