Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Genesis Adventures 2 ❯ Brothers Reign ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 9: Brothers Reign

Two months after the return of Chaos and the death of Professor Grey Orin…

Two figures were walking down the main high street in Metropolis city, and they parted humans, Mobians and shops.

"Where do you think he is?" asked the female voice.

"Let's asked them," replied the male voice. The two walked over to a gang of young Mobians.

"We're looking for this guy," said the male voice. He held up a photo.

The photo was of a family of brown hedgehogs, the two adults, one female, and the other a male, and next to them were three children, two boys and one girl, all smiling and happy. One of the figures pointed to the sandy brown hedgehog boy in the photo.

"No man," replied one of the young Mobians.

As the two figures walked away, the female said to her companion, "We'll never find him."

"I don't know," said the male voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun rose slowly in the sky, and it's golden light reached the edge of the South Island. In a town by the name of Sunnyhill, it was the new base to a white hedgehog. His name was Matrix. He was relaxing with his back on a tree and he was sitting by Lake Faith. To anyone walking by him, he looked asleep.

{So peaceful…} He through {Too peaceful for me.}

"MAX!" shouted a young voice.

Matrix opened one of his eyes and saw Rei standing there. She had a big smile on her face.

"What is it Rei?" Matrix asked nicely.

"The others would like to see you," Rei said.

Matrix slowly got up. Rei went to pick up his sword for him, but the sword shocked her. She dropped the sword.

"Ouch, that hurt!" Rei said, holding her hand.

"Rei, are you okay?" Matrix asked, putting his hands on her hand. "Rei, I am sorry."

"It's okay, Max. I am okay, look, it doesn't hurt." Rei said, and Matrix gave a small smile to her.

"Okay."

As the two walked away, two pairs of amber eyes watched them. "We'll meet soon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the new base…

Sonic and Tails were talking to Robotnik at the Emerald school. Shadow sat on a chair in the base with Amy and the Genesis Crew. Knuckles, Rouge, and the Chaotix crew went back to the floating.

"What is it, guys?" Matrix asked as he walked in.

"This…" replied a male voice.

Matrix turned to see two Mobians in military uniforms in the room. They were from the Mobian side of G.U.N. Since the ARK incident, G.U.N had split into two sides, one to help the humans, and the other to help Mobians. One of the officers was a dark red male rabbit, and the other was a female light brown squirrel. The rabbit officer was holding a large box.

"So, you found me, huh?" Matrix said.

"You're hard to find," the squirrel said.

"We've had reports from our other agents, and Kerry would like to give you this." He handed the large box to Matrix. "This is yours, your family home in west Mobius." The two officers soon left the base.

Matrix sat on a chair that Shadow had put there for him to sit on. Shadow told the others to leave Matrix alone. Matrix, for a long time just looked at the large box, confused. Then he slowly opened the box, and inside was lots of family photos.

"Mom, Dad…" Matrix sobbed, and tears fell from his eyes, onto box.

He held it close to his chest and then he looked at most of the photos, and he found one photograph of a horse ranch with the Raven family and another family of hedgehogs standing outside in the ranch. This other family had two boys. All the Raven family of hedgehogs were all brown, but the other hedgehog family was a mix of green and blue hedgehogs. Matrix turned the photo over, and on the back was someone's handwriting. It said:

To my lovely family, `Let Ravens fly on wings of Justice'

~~~~~~

Emerald school…

"So, class, that's all for today," Robotnik said to the class of fifteen students, as the class started to get up to go.

Sonic the Hedgehog knocked on the door to the classroom. All the kids looked back and forth between Sonic and Robotnik. Both Sonic and Robotnik had smiles on their faces.

"So, Sonic, what is it that I can do for you?" Robotnik asked nicely to his old rival.

Sonic walked right in and up to Robotnik. Tails still did not truly trust the good doctor, so he stopped out in the corridors.

{Sonic's been talking to Robotnik ever since the ARK. It's like they're best friends.} Tails thought as he sat on the chair. Two young female cats walked by him and smiled. Tails smiled back at them, which made them laugh.

Some time later…

Tails had gone to sleep. Some time past and still Sonic and Robotnik were talking. He woke up and looked at his watch. It was half an hour later. He walked over to the door and looked through the glass. He saw Robotnik laying on the floor unconscious. He tried to open the door, but someone had locked it from the inside. There was no sign of Sonic anywhere in the room. Tails had to break the door, and he ran in.

"Robotnik! Robotnik, what happen here?" Tails screamed at the unconscious human. "Robotnik! Robotnik wake up!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Unknown location…

"WAKE UP!" shouted a voice into Sonic's ears. A clawed hand suddenly hit him in the face.

"I…I'm a wake," said a weak Sonic. He was tied up on the floor.

He opened his eyes to see the one who hit him. His kidnapper looked like a hedgehog and at the same time he looked like a lion as well. His color was a sandy copper brown.

"Shut up, NORMAL!'" hissed his kidnapper. "You're Sonic the Hedgehog, and you have my younger brother."

"Your younger brother? I don't know what you're going on about." Sonic said, trying to recover from being hit.

"NORMALS!" his kidnapper hissed again. Then he hit Sonic with his claws, leaving three red lines of blood, which cut into Sonic's right side of his face, and they would leave scars.

~~~~~~~~

Back at the Sunnyhill base…

"Are you sure Tails?" Shadow asked. He was talking on the phone. "Thanks, T." Shadow replied and put the phone down. He walked into the room where the others were in, but Matrix was not in the room.

"Guys, Sonic's been captured by someone," Shadow said to them.

"Sonic! Oh, noooo!" Amy screamed. She still had it in her mind that Sonic was hers. "Oh, my dear Sonic!"

Shadow looked confused at her. "Amy, will you sit down and shut up?" He said forcefully to her, and she did.

"So, blue blur needs help…" Matrix said. He was standing in the doorway, and his gang turned to look at him. Matrix was holding a gun in his right hand, and on his back was the Dark Omega Sword.

"Well, he always gets into trouble." Shadow smirked

"Well, let's go help him," Matrix said.

Soon Shadow, Matrix, and Genesis Crew, apart of Amy, ran out the door.

"They always leave me behind." Amy sighed heavily, and she sat back in her chair.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic had been hit by his keeper more times than he liked. He had been hit in the left shoulder and had been hit in the face more. Now weak, Sonic's head was low on his chest with blood coming for all his deep cuts, and his right arm was broken badly.

"I will not ask again," hissed his keeper. "Tell me where my brother is!"

"I don't know," came a weak voice from Sonic. He was hit again, this time in the chest. Sonic screamed out in pain.

"Tell me where my brother is!" said the hedgehog lion.

"I don't know," Sonic said again.

"Wrong," hissed the half lion, half hedgehog. He raised his hand up and hit Sonic in the face again.

Sonic slowly looked up at his keeper. "I told you, I don't your brother. If you tell me his name…" Sonic said, and his voice was so weak.

His keeper roared at Sonic, "MAX!" showing his teeth.

"Max, I…I didn't know he had another brother…" Sonic's voice was low, but could be heard. He was still looking at the cat-like hedgehog, and he asked, "What's your name, please?"

Shocked at this, the half-breed said, "Tell me where my brother is!" The look on his face said to Sonic, `I will kill you if you don't tell me.'

{Sonic, don't worry, we're coming} said a psychic voice. It was Matrix.

"Now NORMAL, tell me where he is!" shouted the cat-like hedgehog.

The half-breed turned his ears so he could hear a little better. He heard a sound of someone behind him, and he turned fast to the group.

"Who are you?" asked the half-breed.

Then Matrix walked past the others and into the light so the cat-like half-breed could see, and his eyes widened with shock.

"Brother, is it really you?"

"Matrix, is he your brother?" Sonic groaned in pain.

Matrix and the cat hedgehog looked at each other, and then Matrix closed his eyes, then he asked, "Are you?"

"Yes," came the reply.

Matrix used his psychic abilities and after he slowly opened his eyes and looked at the half-breed, he said, "Brother," and the two moved to each other, and hugged.

"What happened to you?" Matrix asked, still hugging his long lost brother.

"Hmmm, I don't really like talking about it, little brother," he said, and turned his head away at the sound of his past.

He was so happy just to see his kid brother again, and he turned his face to Sonic. "I am sorry, here let me help."

He walked over to Sonic and put his hands out for him. Sonic felt a weird shock go through his body. A minute later, Sonic got up off the floor with no cuts or blood.

"What did you do?" asked Shadow.

"I used my abilities. You see, my little brother Matrix has psychic abilities, and I have the ability to heal with my hands." he replied

"That must be cool." Rei said

The lion hedgehog looked at Rei and saw she was like him a half-breed "It has its ups and downs, kid."

"Have you heard anything from sis, bro?" Matrix asked

"No, not in some time," the cat hedgehog said. He stood next to Matrix and in height he was taller.

"Oh, guys, this is Ken, or Chronos." Matrix said, happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~