Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ A World Without Chaos ❯ Lamenting Chaos ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A World Without Chaos
-Lamenting Chaos-
 
“Silver, over here!”
Within the pounding of a melting instant, Silver quickly flew from his location and to the side of his comrade.
But his immediate words weren't needed.
Now, before Blaze and himself, was a small group of huddling Chao on the ground.
And Silver's face lit up with triumph. “You found more of them!” he beamed.
Also sharing a smile, Blaze nodded. “Yeah. So, we should take them back to the Master Emerald.”
Silver didn't respond. He had heard her, but he was too occupied with cooing and speaking unintelligent gibberish to the Chao.
Rather amused, but expectant of his behavior towards the peculiar life forms, Blaze smiled warmly to herself. She was glad he had such a close connection towards them, but regardless of their reunion, they had a job to do. And time was not on their side.
“Silver...” she spoke quietly while placing a warm hand on his shoulder.
A few moments passed before he nodded to her in understanding and stood up. “Right. Let's get these guys to the Master Emerald... Um, why the Master Emerald again?”
All the solace seemed to drain from her face and left seriousness and disbelief in its place. “...Because it just makes sense. Since we don't have time to look for individual Chaos Emeralds, then using the Master Emerald should work just as well. It carries superiority other the Chaos Emeralds.”
“Mm” Silver nodded, although only parts of her statements translated fluently in his mind. “Right, of course! If we gather them there, maybe we'll be able to keep them safe and sealed off from that monster...”
Blaze nodded.
Instead of scooping them up in his arms, Silver lifted them telekenetically. His milky coat glowed with tapering tints of green as he carried them.
The ones he couldn't retrieve with his powers, Blaze knelt down to grab. But her hands went straight through them.
In shock, she winced and quickly looked at Silver.
The Chao he carried were empathizing the same effect.
They were running out of time.
--
 
A lonely and boreal gale whisked through the trees and rolled over the grass that bore daily witness to the Master Emerald.
Many Chao had migrated to the majestic stone. But why? Some did so out of fear, others did so out of panic and uncertainty.
A crisis had broken itself upon them and they had no one else to look to help them besides 'him'.
More than half of them faded before even reaching the gem's pedestal.
Sensing an abnormality within the very beings of his 'children', the formless entity of Chaos awakened.
His presence was seen only by those from him, of him and who bound themselves to the Master Emerald itself.
Once the weary and terrified eyes of the Chao fell on his form, all was silent.
The wind had become slightly more frigid while the snowfall continued uninterrupted between them.
When the Chao realized there were safe as long as they were close to Chaos, their expressions changed to relief...and they collapsed.
One by one, row by row, group by group.
And at this heart-wrenching sight, Chaos was able to only do one thing.
Mourn.
Distraught, it emitted a low and remorseful wail to the patches of white and gray above.
As it continued to grieve, the bodies of the Chao assimilated with him, like water vapor would to sunlight.
As his cries intensified, so did the absorption and indirect slaughter of the Chao.
And from the pain of Chaos came the reaction of another entity.
Bound to both the Master Emerald and the 'heart' of Chaos, her essence roused.
Bathed in a pale pink light, her intangible form wavered in fear from what was happening.
She watched helplessly as the bodies of the Chao joined with the body of Chaos and malformed into something more.
As more of the Chao were absorbed, the body of Chaos began to contort and flicker.
The aquatic body he had soon began to emerge vulnerable to the weather.
His lower extremities began to freeze over, but his upper torso started to stretch.
And a sight that would normally have been unwitnessed by those with a tangible body and a soul could be seen for miles.
The torso of Chaos had begun to shift and evaporate partially into the sky.
And suddenly, the freezing snowfall transited into an absolute blizzard.
Even tiny stones of hail began to pelt the planet.
But all Tikal could do was watch and plead for him to stop.
But his mutation was beyond even his control now.
'What could have done this...? Who is responsible for this?! Chaos wouldn't do such a thing on his own!'
But once she caught sight of the faded and dun color of the Master Emerald, pieces of the puzzle had begun to be comprehended by her understanding.
The Master Emerald had become defected. It had lost its control and its power.
But something else had to have happened in order for the Chao and Chaos to react in the ways that they did.
And it had.
When the desire for a world without chaos was spoken into existence, the Chaos Emeralds targeted themselves and lost their powers.
The 7 Chaos Emeralds are the servers.
Chaos is power enriched by the heart.
The 7 servers set to unify that power.
 
Because the Master Emerald had power over the Chaos Emeralds, when the emeralds lost their power, so did it. Without that power, the Chao were unable to continue their lifespan. No chaos energy meant no Chaos Drivers or anything else that they needed. So they were drawn to their last source of hope, Chaos.
When Chaos sensed their turmoil, he knew there was nothing he could do. His cries were the result of ultimate realization the Chao no longer had a purpose or reason to live.
So he took that pain within himself and became as burdened and grotesque in appearance as was the crime of the relinquished murders of the Chao.
No Chao meant there was nothing left to hold the planet together and nothing to stabilize Chaos.
And a world without Chaos, was chaos indeed.
 
To be continued...