Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Alliance for Ages ❯ Eggman's Secret ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10

Eggman's Secret

"Is the weapon set up?" Sigma demanded from Robotnic. They sat once again in Sigma's control center. Sigma was striding down the hall to the weapon control core with Dr. Robotnic close behind, running to keep up.

"Yes sir," he responded, sounding winded. "The crystal is secure and power is flowing regularly. We should be able to utilize it in a few days, as long as we don't have too many problems."

"Eggman, what did I tell you about talking too much?" Sigma pressed his palm against the door pad and it slid up as if trying to hide from Sigma's presence. He entered the Core, glancing around at the various weapon control consoles lining the circular walls. Hanging overhead was a massive blue crystal, surging with energy, wired to the clear glass concave ceiling. "Incredible. This is definitely the ultimate source of power. We will have to use it sometime soon. With this weapon, I will definitely conquer the Universe."

Sigma hit a button on the nearest console labeled "Drop Mechanism". The concave dome that the crystal was wired to lowered itself so that the crystal was nearly touching the floor. He walked toward it like he was approaching a god, nearly dropping to his knees. He slowly placed his hands on the crystal's surface, feeling the energy swell outwards.

Very quickly.

Before he knew it, Sigma was being drawn into the huge saffire, engulfed by its incredible powers. Next thing that he knew, he was looking at his own body, cold and lifeless, wrapped in the lattice of the saffire. He was inside the computer.

Robotnic watched as Sigma's body was wrapped by the tendrils of energy extended from the saffire's surface and drawn inside of it. The body threw its head back as if to scream or laugh-Robotnic couldn't tell. Then, the surges of tremendous energy increased, causing the lights to flicker and the computer consoles to all re-boot. It was clear why in a moment. Sigma's face appeared in crude 3-D on each of the computer screens around the room, looking quite confused. "Eggman! Explain what has happened! What did that thing do to me?"

Robotnic sneered. "Well, Sigma, it seems as though the Weapon has absorbed your body and placed your system data into the core computer system." Robotnic felt a surge of relief come on. His tormentor was now powerless and weak.

He could escape.

"Well, Sig, I guess I'll be going now. Got bigger, better World Domination plans to work on, and, frankly, you don't figure into them. See you later, Jerk!" As Eggman began to leave, Sigma found the access to the security weapon systems and two large sentry guns dropped from the doorway Robotnic was attempting to leave through. One fired at his feet to make him stop.

Eggman jumped and turned, looking both surprised and betrayed at the same time. "What is this, Sigma? You dare betray me? You dare to stop me from leaving a partnership I never really wanted?" The faces of Sigma laughed at him, his voice reverberating around the room.

"You poor, weak-minded fool," Sigma responded, still chuckling. "I won't let you out so easily. You're in this for the long run now. Either you find a way to get me out of this computer, or you'll never leave. Now, get to work." But as Eggman began to leave the room, Sigma changed his mind. Two guard robots quickly emerged from a side hall, grabbed Robotnic and dragged him out through a different door. "Take him to the labs and lock the door. Don't let him out until he finds the solution." Both guards nodded and continued to drag Eggman out, still cursing and yelling.

"You slimy bastard virus. I'll make you pay. I may not be able to get you out of my system, but I will find some way to make you feel more pain than you have ever felt. I'll make you hurt so much… I HATE VIRUSES…" And with that, they disappeared down the hall.

"I will make him hurt SOOOO MUCH," Robotnic screamed from the bench he was sitting on in the locked lab section. After that first tantrum, Eggman decided to gather himself up and make the best of the situation. "But first, I have to find a way out of here," he said to himself. As he moved about the room, looking for some escape route out of the room, he talked to himself, trying to reassure himself that he could win. "Hehehe, at least he doesn't know why that crystal absorbed his body. And, without knowing about the super-sensitive microphone and camera hidden in the corner of the room, he blurted out everything he knew about the Legend of the Seven.