Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Game, Betrayal. ❯ Return To Abandonment ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deep in a secluded forest a blue hedgehog let out a pained moan as his eyes slowly flicked open, quickly shutting again as the harsh sun light assaulted his eyes he laid there trying to figure out where he was and why and how he had ended up where he was.
Frowning the hedgehog tried to remember what he assumed had happened a few hours ago but the hangover like headache he had to contend with was doing it's best to keep him away from his answers, eventually he inwardly sighed and gave up letting his ears take in sound for the first time.
Birds, wind, leaves rustling, no other people around…
`Mystic Ruins' he guessed, finally starting to think straight the pain subsiding as he did so, `Must be in the Mystic Ruins…' Slowly he again opened his eyes, squinting until he became accustomed to the bright light that filtered through the canopy of leaves above him.
The hedgehog pushed himself into a sitting position and looked around confirming where he was, by the stone pillar that dominated the landscape, which was once a temple for an ancient civilization that died out long ago
Looking around the hedgehog didn't see anything that could help him figure out which direction he should go, pushing himself up to his feet he almost went back down again, looking at his right leg he almost swore as he saw twisted metal and sparking wires, the metallic hedgehog looked around again before spotting one of his ex masters long abandoned basses.
Frustratingly slowly Metal started dragging himself towards the base, there still should be tools and plenty of materials left in the base since Robotnick never cleared out old bases, usually because there wasn't one left to go back too, but on the few occasions one did survive he just left in a state of disrepair waiting for it to degrade until it ceased to function completely.
Metal after several minutes made it to the turbo lift door for the once grand base, keying in the activation code that would take him into the complex where he could re-power his systems and if he was really lucky find a working set of repair bots, the increasingly loudening high pitched squeal of the seized shuttle stopped with a ping as the doors opened.
Metal dragged himself inside and activated the transporter, its doors shutting on the green forest he had come to loath so quickly, Metal made a mental note to change the access codes to the base if it was in an operational condition, it would make a perfect place to regroup and mark out the next plan to finally eliminate his organic copy.
Metal Sonics red eyes glowed brightly in the darkness of the small shuttle as it sped across the shear cliff drop, taking him to his destiny, taking him towards his ultimate goal.
So engrossed in his thoughts of seeing Sonics life end by his hand, the metal hedgehog didn't notice the fresh blood smear that covered the back of the shuttles doors.

And so I'm back, this time for good, seriously this time, college is over and I've not got a job so I'm writing once again.
Sorry about the shortness of the chapter but I wanted to get it started again before I went into long chapters and since it's been about 2 years since I've last updated anything…yeah see my point right?
As always read, hopefully review and please don't shout at me for taking so damn long