Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Edge Of Fire ❯ Six Years Later ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
(Darkness)

Reporter: We are here at station square's rebuilt city hall as the new grand opening has taken place.

Fade In-

Int. ICU Center

(6 years later)

(Reporter continues)

(Heart Monitor Beeping)

We now see a hospital room where lots of stuff were there. Medical stuff like X-ray sheets, heart monitors, etc. On a bed, a familiar figure was seen on the bed. She had an oxygen mask on and was hooked to a heart monitor which continues working. She was also hooked with an injection on her left arm supported by a tube and a big plastic bag of liquid for the blood stream. Her chest was bandaged and so was her forehead. Yep. The subject's name was Agent Bunnie Rabbot of Tri-Max Militant Agency. Although the doctor's never heard of her and doesn't have any medical records on the subject, it was hardly unlikely to give her any treatments. But since her injuries were severe, they decided to treat her anyway. The sounds of the reporters on the news was echoing in her head at the same time a flashback came in from out of nowhere jolting through her head. That caused bunnie to wake up, gasping for air. She looked over her surroundings to find out where she is. Although she pondered this, a look on her face gave her the expression that she doesn't know where she was or how she got there. That sent a feeling to her forehead which resulted a headache as she felt her forehead. She didn't know what was causing her head to hurt like that but she wanted to find out soon enough.

In another area at a desk, Rob 'O the hedge was writing on document papers for medical appointments as he went and took one look at the cameras to the ICU center and went wide-eyed.

Rob: No way.

Rob quickly got up and went to the intercom.

Rob: (on intercom) Rouge, report to Intensive Care Unit immediately!

Int.

Rouge was wearing a nurses outfit and has glasses on as she ran straight to the ICU Center. She got there a few minutes ago and couldn't believe what she saw. Rob got there alnogside her.

Rouge: How long ago has she been awoke?

Rob: I-I don't know. About 5-10 minutes ago.

Int. ICU Center

Bunnie was still in the bed when rouge entered the room with a clipboard. Bunnie looked at her straight before speaking.

Bunnie: Where am ah?

Rouge: You're at the station square hospital. Try not to move.

Bunnie calmed down for a minute before speaking.

Bunnie: W-who are you?

Rouge: My name is Dr. Rouge T. Bat. What about you?

Bunnie took a long pause before clearing her head a little. But everytime she tries to do it, she started to get a headache from her forehead. Rouge soon noticed.

Rouge: Are you okay?

Bunnie: (paused) Yes.

Rouge: Mind telling me who you are?

Bunnie had some sort of shocked expression on her face before answering.

Bunnie: Ah-Ah don't...Ah don't know.

Rouge was speechless for a second but tried not to show it by continuing to write on the clipboard.

Several minutes later, Rouge and Rob were checking the X-ray sheets by the bed.

Rouge: It says here that she sustained severe damage to the forehead and damages to the chest. The reports say that she was one of the victims of the explosion 6 years ago. They didn't even know that someone was in the building or what caused the explosion.

Rob: Yeah. But her injuries is probably the cause of memory loss.

Rouge: How long before she recuperates?

Rob: It'll probably take no more than 5 hours. After that, we'll probably release her.

Rouge: (nods)

Ext.

A mob of reporters were outside flashing pictures and questioning someone about the incident that took place at city hall 6 years earlier. The mayor was on the podium.

Reporter 1: Mr. Mayor. Is there any connections leading to the attack at the city hall 6 years earlier?

Reporter 2: Any idea what caused the attack?

Mayor: To answer both questions, these attacks were results of terrorism. As our course of action, we'll use as many military forces as possible. No further questions.

The mayor walks away as the reporters followed him.

Cut To:

Int.

We see the inside of a house which has lots of stuff inside. Couch, tables, bed, everything. Nothing like royalty or anything. The TV was on as Shadow Hedgehog was seen smoking a cigarette and watching the news. He has just got into retirement from the marine about a month ago and it was about time that he had some rest. Needlessly to say, he would love to get back into action again.

Cut To:

Ext.

It was 5 hours later and everything was fine.

Cut To:

Int.

The door opened as bunnie was resting comfortably in bed before waking up at the sound of the door opening. In came rouge, who started to approach bunnie. Bunnie had everything taken off her and her head and chest seems to have healed naturally.

Rouge: Good Morning. Sleep well?

Bunnie didn't answer as rouge noticed before passing it off as nothing.

Rouge: You ready to go?

Bunnie: (paused) Uh, yes. (nods) Rouge, right?

Rouge: (smiles, nods)

Int. Hallway

Rouge was supporting bunnie via wheelchair as she rolled her to the exit of the hospital. This took about a few minutes before they could get there. Bunnie slowly gets up from the chair so she could stand. She started maintaining her balance and stood completely.

Rouge: How do you feel?

Bunnie: (paused) Um, ah feel...(nods) great. Thank You.

Rouge: (nods) Welcome. Listen, if you need any help or anything, (gives bunnie a card) here's my card. Open 24 hours a day.

Bunnie: (nods)

Rouge smiles and walks away at the same time bunnie did as she got out the door and maintained her balance on the stair rail.

Elsewhere, bunnie was walking the streets trying to find someplace to eat as she stood across a hot dog stand. She approached the place and looked at the menu for her choice of food. She could hardly make out what she wants as the person in front of her left.

Furry: Can I help you?

Bunnie paused for a second before looking at the menu again. She then knew what she wanted before ordering away. She walked away unaware of the fact that someone was watching her from a car. The figure soon drove away.

Voice: (V.O) This can't be.

Cut To:

Int.

Inside a huge office, Xenin Echidna was seated at a desk where a DL Echidna was standing in front of him. Xenin was left shocked and speechless after hearing the news from one of the members. The DL Echidna could hardly believe it himself after 6 years.

Dl Echidna: I saw her with my own eyes, sir. She was at a hot dog stand.

Xenin: (paused) I want you to send in your furries and I want you to find her. I don't care where, but do what you have to do to find and assassinate her.

DL Echidna: Yes, sir.

The DL Echidna walks away leaving Xenin alone.

Cut To:

Ext.

It was night in the skies of Station Square as we see bunnie sleeping on a bench in the middle of the park somewhere. Lights were illuminating off of lamp poles and everything was quiet for bunnie. Suddenly...

(Flashback)

Bunnie was seen wearing a geared outfit and has night visions on. She was soon surrounded by 5 DL Echidnas in camoflauge suits and armed with snipers in hand as bunnie stood where she was. Suddenly, the room fade into darkness and nothing could be heard until...

(Silence gunfires, furries grunting)

(Punches and kickes landing)

Ammuntions were lightly seen in the middle of the darkness.

(Bone cracking)

(Furry screaming)

(Silence Gunfires)

(Bodies hit the ground)

(Casings rattle on ground)

Lights started illuminating in the room as bunnie was left standing in the same place without moving. She hasn't got a scratch on her as she held two sniper guns in hand. The 5 dead DL Echidnas were on the ground in their own blood.

Furry: (V.O) Hey!

(Flashback Ends)

About 3 thugs were waking bunnie up on the bench.

Bunnie stirred before waking up to see the 3 thugs in front of her.

Thug 1: (English Accent) Hand over the cash.

Bunnie: (shocked) Who are you?

Thug 2: (speaks austrailian) He said hand over the fucking cash!

Bunnie: (stutters) Ah-Ah don't have any-(speaks austrailian) Ah don't have any cash!

Thug 3: She's fuckin' lying.

Thug 1: (to bunnie) Stand Up!

Bunnie does as told as she stood up pretty much afraid.

Thug 1: Check her.

The 2nd thug was about to grab and search her when bunnie, at a fast movement, grabbed the 2nd thug's right hand and twisted it backwards. But not too hard.

2nd Thug: (in pain) Aah!

The 1st and 3rd thug saw this before taking out switchblades. Bunnie didn't know what was happening other than her sudden memory loss. She then kicked the 2nd thug in the guts before throwing him to the ground. The 3rd thug ran at her with the knife as bunnie quickly dodged a right swipe with her left hand before using her right to grab him by the throat and get him to the hard ground knocking his head back. Upon doing that, she quickly yanked the knife from his hand, twirled it, and quickly aimed it at the 1st thug before he could even try and make a move as the thug stopped in his track. The 3rd thug was on the ground bleeding from the back of his head while the 2nd was still yelping from the pain on his hand.

Bunnie: Drop the knife, please, sir.

The 1st thug does as told if he doesn't want to end up almost as his two friends did. The thug didn't have any choice but to run as bunnie closed her eyes in relief before dropping the knife and leaving the site.