Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ For True Hero ❯ Drifting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“For True Hero” Shadow/Abareanger crossover
Chapter 2
 
 
Silence.
There was nothing but silence.
He didn't know where he was.
He didn't know who he was.
All he did know was that he had to still be alive.
His body floated weightlessly in the large incubation tube; surrounded by a comforting but also slimy liquidy substance. His breathing was deep, but satisfactory. Inside, he felt as if though he were lost.
Memory-less.
Did anyone know him before? Was anyone sad that he had gone missing? Had anyone ever loved him?
More questions began to encircle his mind in his state of suspended animation in the tube, but as quickly as they arrived, they were lost.
Forgotten—like he was?
Silence.
*
Watching the hedgehog eagerly and expectantly, Mikoto's eyes fleeted between Shadow and the negative spaces of liquid around him as his body continued to float. Patiently, he waited for any sparks of life to animate the hedgehog at any given moment and made very sure not to take his eyes away from him for a second.
While doing so, his mind reeled back to the moment when he had first come discovered Shadow. He had never seen such a bipedal being before, let alone one with glowing quills. This possibly new type of species was a find he couldn't bare to pass up, and his interest had only heightened once he heard the mammal speak back to him. Not wasting much of any time he brought Shadow back to his lab and placed him inside the tube for him to heal more quickly than he would heal naturally.
Moments passed that seemed like meticulous hours, and although his body became tired from next to no movement, Mikoto still continued to watch Shadow. And as if his loyalty was paying off, Shadow's body began to fidget and an uncomfortable expression drew across his features as he continued to move around within the liquid.
The substance slowed and sustained his motions mildly, but Shadow's movement was very apparent. Seeing his obvious discomfort, Mikoto rose from his seat and dashed over to the tube and flipped a switch to quickly begin draining the liquid.
*
Inside the café, Emiri lazily leaned back in her seat, kicking her legs back and forth in boredom. It had been more than 20 minutes and she was still the only one in the main section of the café.
Heaving a sigh, she glanced up at the clock on the wall and made a face. “What's keeping them so long? They should have been back by now!” she groaned. Sighing again, she trailed her tired eyes towards the secret lab door, hoping for something to happen.
Just at that moment, the front door to the café swung open and Emiri briskly and eagerly stood to her feet in anticipation. “FINALLY, you're back!!”
*