Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Gods Of The Dark Age ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gods Of The Dark Age

* i do not own or make money off of this. Cream the rabbit, Knuckles the echidna, are all related property of SEGA. and the only thing i own in this fic is Static and Smoke.

Knuckles apparently woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning. He wasnt even in his bed.

when he woke up, he wasnt on his bed. he was on the ground. his house wasnt even their.

He was in a prison cell!

" Hey! let me outta here!"

a General stood in front of his cell door.

" who are you?! and what am i doing here?!"

" im..... General Hakucho."

" what kinda name is that?"

" its japanese fool."

" then, why am i here?!"

" you see, you remember Project shadow?"

" yeah!"

" well, besides shadow, they were two other hedgehogs created with him.

" and who were they?"

" there names are not known to us, but we call them by appearence. the first one, named Static, who is yellow and black striped. apparently he was modeled after thunder clouds and lighting. he was last seen attacking station square with lighting type attacks. and the other, Smoke, he is colored like real smoke is. black and grey. he was also last seen with Static."

" so.... what do i have to do with it. "

"well, we were going to question you, but since you know nothing..... you will be executed later."

" WHAT!!!!!!! YOU CANT DO THAT!"

" thats how we deal with unwanted weaklings..."

then the general left the room, leeaving knuckles alone.

" im.... going to die? no, im not!!! wait... this place is a airship prison... so i should be able to escape."

suddenly, he heard crying. he turned around and saw a little rabbit, crying and knelt down beside a chao.

" um... .why are you crying...."

" well... because.. sniffle. i was kidnapped by them, and they wouldnt tell me why and they said the would kill me tommorow. and my parents are gone too!"

" thats sad! well, little girl, your coming with me! were busting outta this joint, and heading home!!!"

she stopped crying when she heard this. she got up and hugged him.

" oh, thank you! oh, i forgot to tell you my name. im Cream the rabbit!"

" and im Nakkurusu Za Ekidana, but in english its Knuckles the Echidna."

" nice to meet you knuckles! oh, and this is my chao, cheese!"

she held to cute lil chao in her arms to show him it.

knuckles and cream turned around to see some freaky GUN guys ( haha.)

knuckles lept into the air and kicked the first guard in the head. he then turned around and grabbed cream and cheese.

the guards chased after our heroes until they dfound the exit. when cream opened the door, she almost fell out, but Knux caught her.

" if we walk out the door we'll fall" cried cream.

Knuckles picked up a machine gun and started to pump the gurads full of lead. ( ouch)

" cream, cheese, hang onto my back!"

knuckles, holding onto his friends, lept out the door and into the open air.

general Hakucho walked up to the door.

" sorry sir, but they escaped " said a lowely guard.

" dont worry, we will find them soon enough. soon enough..."
the GUN soldiers stood by on the nearby beach, ready for anything.

general Hakucho was, there, as always.

" men, according to eye witness reports... Static is in the area. and.. we have to fight him! because the echidna may arrive soon, and cause more problems."

all of a sudden, Static arised from the water. he emitted sparks of electricity at the GUN soldeirs.

men screamed and ran for their lives. those who were hit by the shock lost their lives.

general Hakucho escaped by swimming away, of course.

Static heard something and jumped into the bushes.

knuckles and cream swam out of the water, after falling from the air.

" knux, the water is salty."

" of course the water is salty. everyone must be peeing in it."

both of them laughed hard about that.

" hello suckers!"

knuckles looked at the hedgehog who had just stepped out of the bush.

" your static, aint cha?"

cream saw him too.

" your that hedgehog that locked us up in jail."

" yes, i sure did! and look at what i have!"

" thats the master emerald!" exclaimed Cream

" THE MASTER EMERALD????!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT?!" screamed knuckles.

"im going to share the power of this with smoke, to avenge shadows death. actually, shadow was a weakling. i am superior to him."

" not if i can help it!" screamed knuckles as he lept forward and broke the master emerald.

Cream gasped. " knuckles, why did you do that? now the master emerald is gone."

" cream, if its in peices, i can fix it!"

they all turned around... to hear a distant rumbling.

" its GUN!" screamed Static.

" farewell, losers! we'll meet again!"

" wait! Cream, lets head to station square!"

Knuckles nabbed the little rabbit and ran off to the city.

Cream and Knux stopped and noticed that station square was surrounded by GUN troops!

Knuckles grabbed cream and jumped into a nearby bush.

" Cream! how are we gonna get into station square like that!"

"hm.... i know!"

a few moments later, Cream and Knuckles stepped out of the bush, dressed up in GUN outfits.

a officer approached knuckles.

" ah, yes..... soldier!"

" what????"

" have you and.... this... small.... soldier seen smoke around yet???"

" nope, sure havent."

" oh, well. say, trooper!"

" what sir!!!!"

" i want you to have this... crystal shard thing. we think smoke is after it."

" thanks!"

" anyway, i gotta get going. the troops need me on the outlook."

as he ran away, Knuckles and Cream gasped at what they were holding.

" look at it knuckles..... it the first peice!"

" according to our radar, there are five. so lets keep on alert for those guys."

the soldier who had talked to them earlier heard a small rumbling.

" troops, get your guns together!!!! smoke is here!!!!"

Smoke used chaos control and popped out of nowhere.

" hello.... GUN members. i see shadow was not good enough....."

the GUN troops sprayed bullets all over th sky, missing smoke as he quickly lept above them.

" feel my wrath... feel.... SMOKE!!!!!!!!"

a poisonous gas sprayed into the air and the GUN troops already were vomiting from the noxious mist.

and then some bodys dropped.

during the confusion, knuckles and cream ran for their lives onto a nearby boat. the rabbit and echidna breathed a sigh of releif knowing they were not in SMokes range.

while smoke was destroying station square, the boat drifted off to sea.

Cream noticed that hand was grabbing her shoulder.

" um, knuckles, are you grabbing me?"

" nope!"

" ahoy, suckers!"

" AAAA!!!" knuckles and cream spun around to see.....

eggman?

"hello..... echidna and rabbit!!!! well, your lucky im not trying to kill you....."

" whys that?" said the innocent looking rabbit.

" because...... MY TEDDY BEAR DIED!!!!"

" what does that have to do with anything?!" said knuckles.

" because of.... this."

he ripped off his head, revealing that annoying general guy.

" seize him!"

out of nowhere GUN troops beat up knuckles and cream and tied them up quickly.

" not again!" cried cream.

" why are you after us?! we are not those stupid hedgehogs!" screamed knuckles.

" well, because, like i said earlier, i must kill unwanted pests." he said as he puffed on a cigar.

" now, we will feed you rabbit friend to the sharks."

" no! please, dont!" cried cream as the soldiers carried the tied up rabbit to the plank.

Knuckles had had it. he snapped the ropes off him and lept onto the soldier an bit into his neck hard.

without thinking, he proceeded to rip the poor fellows throat out.

he screamed in pain and tremendous amounts of blood poured from his neck.

he fell to the ground, dead.

knuckles then untied cream.

after that, he walked over to the general, grabbed him by the neck, looked him in the eye and said,

" NEVER, try to kill my friends , EVER AGAIN!!!!!. because, if you do, I'll make you regret it in HELL."

instead of cowering, Hakucho clicked a button. cream and knuckles fell through the floor, only to land in a cage.

" you have done enough damage! tommorow, you will be taken to prison island. we have the rest of the master emerald shards. so, tommorow, we will take you emerald shard, and put it with the others in our vault in security hall."

after being locked in the ships hold, kunx and cream looked out at the island in the distance.

"knuckles, what will we do?"

" when they bring us there, were going to take it all back!"

At Metal Harbor, the ship finally parked itself. when they boarded the ship, they found a broken cage. and general Hakucho was on the ground.

" are you alright, sir?"

" of course im alright, fool! they are heading towards security hall!"

" whats that!!!" screamed a soldier.

two hedgehogs flew over metal harbor, shotting lightning bolts everywhere and spreading smoke.

soldiers shot missiles, cannons and guns at them, but were unnafected.

Smoke and Static Stopped for a minute.

" yo, Static! Head for security hall , and kill those animals. ill take care of the troops."

Static flew off to security hall. smoke opened his mouth, and breathed acidic mist on the troops.

they felt the skin rot off their bones as the screamed. and the last thing the general saw was a glint of light that peirced through his skull.

meanwhile....

" alright, cream, i almost have it opened.. there!"

cream and knuckles ran in the safe... to find the master emerald.

" FINALLY!"screamed knuckles.

Static kicked him across the room.

" ow! damn @&#@&%#&! its that electric guy again."

" why dont you leave us alone?" said cream.

" because of.... this." he said, pointing at the master emerald.

knuckles lept in the air and grabbed the master emerald and cream.

" LETS GET OUTTA HERE!"

Knuckles and cream dashed madly with the master emerald out of security hall with static in hot pursuit.

as they ran through white jungle, knuckles stopped.

" why did you stop?" asked cream.

" because, if we want to beat those guys.... give me the emerald! i think it may be able to kill them.

cream held onto knuckles back and and he ran up inside a tree. charging up in energy in his hands, he put his knuckles ( great pun!) together, and a light shined.

static dashed madly thorugh the woods. when he saw knuckles, he shot lighting bolts throughout the forest, setting it on fire.

a terrifying roar was heard throughout the island, peircing everyones ears.

" CHAOS CANNON!!!!!!!!!!"

Knuckles let the shine escape from his hands, emmitting a strong blast colored of rainbow.

it went right through static as he screamed.

it shot into the ground, throwing knuckles and cream far from the island.

the beam then shot up as a nuclear curtain of chaos energy destroyed the island, and as soon as he looked up after killing the general, smoke felt his body was litterally torn to peices.

knuckles and cream landed in Dry lagoon, which was a safe distance away.

" we did it knuckles! we beat them! but.... what are we supposed to do now? i cant go home...."

" hm..... you can come live with me."

" really? oh, thank you so much knux!" the rabbit said as she hugged knuckles.

picking up the master emerald, knuckles and cream started the long journey home.

THE END.