Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Innocence ❯ Walkie-Talkie ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer:: Pyro Angel does not own these characters. These characters all belong to Sonic Team/SEGA.

Author's Notes:: This chapter here is dedicated to RockChick. Why? Because she drew the CUTEST picture of Baby Shadow, which was inspired by this fic. So here it goes...

by Pyro Angel

Chapter 4: Walkie-Talkie

~Same Day as Last Chapter, Afternoon~

Sonic sat on the couch, watching Shadow crawling around the room, playing around with random toys scattered about the floor. Shadow stopped crawling. Carefully, the baby pushed himself off the carpet floor, holding himself against the couch. He pushed himself further, over to Sonic. Sonic looked down and smiled.

"Hey," he said. "You practicing to walk, lil' guy?"

"Pwah!" Shadow 'replied.' Sonic got off the couch, standing a few steps away from Shadow.

"Come here." Sonic said, holding his arms out towards Baby Shadow. Shadow suddenly let go of the couch, shakily making his way towards Sonic. "Ames, look! Shadow's starting to walk!"

Amy ran in, seeing Shadow take about two steps before toppling into Sonic's arms. The pink hedgehog ran up to the two boys, taking Shadow from Sonic. Together they praised him.

"Wow, Shadow. I'm surprised you started walking now, I mean, without practicing with a walker. You amaze me, lil' bud." Sonic said.

"Shadow's special, Sonic. He's a special little baby, don't you think?" Amy asked.

Sonic smiled and said, "Of course I think he is. Really! Watch, he'll start walking without falling after two steps soon. Can't wait until he starts talking."

"Neh?" The baby's stomach growled. Sonic's stomach growled. Amy sweatdropped at the two hedgehogs before her. "You guys hungry?" They both nodded at her.

"Alright..." They all headed off to the kitchen. Amy made soft food for Shadow, rice and eggs. [WTH was I thinking...?] Sonic ate home-made chili dogs. [What else would he eat for lunch?] Amy plopped Shadow into the high chair, and picked up a spoon and bowl.

"Say 'ahh' Shadow." Amy said, putting the spoon full of rice and eggs into Shadow's view. He opened his mouth, taking in the warm food.

"Num-num, ne, Shadow?"

"Koo!"

The process repeated over and over until Shadow finished his lunch. Amy took Shadow out and picked off any rice and eggs that managed to fall on him, then burped him. Sonic was about to pick him up and take him to the living room when...

"Dada?"

Freeze.

Did he just say something?

"Dada!"

Yes, he did.

Surprise!

"Di-did you hear that, Ames? He just said 'Dada!'" Sonic said excitedly.

The pink hedgehog was excited as well. She gleefully giggled, saying, "Shadow's so quick to learn! Walking and talking in the same day! I've never seen a baby able to learn both in the same day!"

"...Well, Shadow isn't exactly *normal*..." Sonic mumbled.

"..."

"What?!"

~Later On, Nighttime~

Sonic and Amy sighed tiredly. Shadow had finally fallen asleep, after having a very active day. The two were tired of chasing the tiny black hedgehog around the house, who had adapted to walking VERY quickly.

Sonic glanced at Amy, who was nodding off to sleep as she sat on the couch.

*Ploik!*

Amy's head landed on Sonic's shoulder. He blushed slightly.

//She's so cute when she's asleep...// Sonic frowned. //...Did I just think what I think I thought...?// Sonic looked at Amy. //...Not that, but she's really kind, and caring...And, she can cook! Plus, she's knows how to take care of kids.// Sonic blushed furiously, when he thought...

//Am I...Am I starting to fall in love with Amy Rose?!?!//

He gasped when Amy's arm wrapped around his body, and he turned even redder. He had to wake her up; He was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"Amy! Amy...Hello?"

"Ungh...Wha-?" Amy suddenly saw that her arms were wrapped around Sonic's body, and she pulled away quickly, apologizing and blushing. They sat in silence for a moment, when Sonic got an idea.

"We need a break from taking care of Shadow, ne? Even though it's only been a couple of days." He said.

"...What are you getting at, Sonikku-chan?"

"Whadda`ya say you an' me go out tomorrow? Alone..."

Amy suddenly lit up, jade eyes widening with surprise and excitement. "Do you really mean it, Sonikku-chan?"

Sonic smiled and simply said, "Yeah...I do."

~~~

What. The. Heck. Just. Happened?

Next chapter:: Tails is stuck babysitting Shadow as Sonic and Amy go out for a night on the town...but when they get back...home isn't quite the way they left it...