Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Lost In Dreams ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Rouge slowly opened her eyes to stare into darkness. She could barely see her surroundings, which surprised her a little, considering that she's a bat. She slowly stood up, her head pounding, "Ugh…where am I?"

"Rouge! Rouge! Are you alright?" A voice came from above her.

Rouge glanced up as a light shine down on her face, temporarily blinding her. "Ah! Knuckles!" She quickly turned her head away, covering her eyes.

"Rouge!" The light disappeared, "Are you alright?"

The bat rubbed her sore head, "Yeah, I'm fine."

There was a pause, then, "Can you fly out?"

Rouge shrugged and tried, but fell back down as pain whipped itself through her left wing. She let out a startle cried before crashing back to the ground. "Ugh! My wing's twisted!" She shouted up to Knuckles.

Knuckles was quiet for a moment before saying, "Alright. I'll find the door to the basement. Maybe the others found something. Stay there, I'll be right back." With that said, all became quiet.

Rouge sighed as her vision blurred a little. She rubbed her eyes, "I must be tired…" She looked around her surroundings once more before letting out a small gasped. Standing in front of her was a small ghastly figure. She backed up quickly, "What…?"

The figured floated in front of her. It looked like a young fox girl, about six years old. She stared at Rouge…as if looking through her, into her soul.

Rouge didn't know what to say, "Who…who are you?"

The girl said nothing, only continued to stare at her with cold, dark, dead eyes. Her eyes flashed a bright red, glaring at the bat.

"What…what are you doing?!" Rouge shouted at the ghost as a pain suddenly went though her head. "AH!" She screamed, grabbing her head in pain.

~*~*~*~*~

Sonic and Amy made their way down the stairs to the first floor to be met by Knuckles. "Hey, Knux. Where's Rouge?" Sonic asked, not seeing the white bat with his red friend.

Knuckles frowned, "She fell through the floor."

"Oh no!" Amy exclaimed, "Is she alright?"

Knuckles nodded, "Yeah, I think." He looked around them, "Where's Shadow, Tails, and Cream?"

"They must still be on the third floor." Sonic said.

Knuckles shrugged, "Whatever, anyway, where's the basement door at?"

"Um…I don't know…" Amy answered, glancing around the room.

Knuckles sighed and started to search for the door that led to the basement. Sonic and Amy followed.

~*~*~*~*~

Tails nervously watched as Shadow looked around the room. He didn't dare speak; he didn't want Shadow to yell at him again. He sighed as he moved closer to the door. His hand slowly reached the door and he turned the knob…and turned it…and turned it. The door was lock. `What?' He tried harder to open the door, but it wouldn't budge.

Chuckling was heard from behind them, "No use, kid. You're stuck." Tails and Cream turned to see Shadow laughing at them with a smirk they never saw on his face before. It was evil, so evil it sent cold chills down their spine.

"Mr. Shadow?" Cream asked in a little meek voice.

"Chao?" Cheese said, frighten, hugging himself close to Cream.

Shadow laughed, "Sorry to disappoint you, but Shadow is no longer here."

Tails raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean no longer here? Who are you than if you aren't Shadow?"

Shadow's eyes glowed a terrifying red, "My name is Delano."

"Delano?" Tails asked in confusion.

"Yes, young kitsune." He smirked.

Cream shuddered, "But how…how are you Shadow…?"

"I possess his mind…" `Shadow', or Delano, said. Suddenly a strong wind blew around the room, startling Tails and Cream. Tails quickly grabbed Cream so she wouldn't get hurt. Many things started to fly around the room as a flash of lightning lit inside. Thunder sounded, booming inside as well.

"Tails! Make it stop!" Cream cried, holding on to the two-tailed fox as the wind blew stronger.

Tails had no idea what to do. The wind swirled around the two, pushing them against a wall and with enough forces, they crashed through it. "Ah!" Tails yelled as he landed on his back into a different room. He slowly stood up, "Cream?" He asked, looking around. Cream laid on her back and Cheese a few inches from her.

Cream shakily got up with Tails help. She quickly picked up the chao. "I want to go home…" She said sadly, looking down at the unconscious chao in her arms.

Tails nodded, "I know Cream…" He looked around the room. In the fall, he must of dropped his flashlight and saw it nowhere in sight. "Where's Shadow?"

"I'm right behind you, kitsune." A dark voice said from behind them.

Tails and Cream quickly spun around to see Shadow…no…Delano, staring at them with hatred eyes. "What do you want from us, Delano? Give Shadow back!" Tails demanded bravely.

Delano growled, "All I want is what was rightfully mine! They took her away from me. They took her away from me!" He yelled, causing the wind to suddenly start again in his anger.

Tails and Cream was pushed back again in it, "Who, Delano?"

The wind died down as Delano glared at Tails, "They took my little girl from me! They took her! And they shall pay!" The wind once again started up, pressing against the two children. Cream let out a startle cry as the wind pressed hard against her body.

Tails gasped, "Who took her?" He yelled over the roaring wind.

Delano growled as it grew stronger, "Those bastards took my baby from me! I'll kill them! I'll kill them all!" He yelled in anger.

Tails was growing frustrated, he wasn't making any sense! "But why take Shadow's body?!"

Delano glared at the fox, "In a physical form I can take my revenge, but in a spiritual form, I am useless." He explained; the wind slightly calming down, but still strong.

Tails thought for a moment, so…he must be a wandering spirit, unable to rest. He wanted revenge. On who, though? "How long…how long have you been…been…"

"A spirit?" Delano finished for him. Tails nodded, "Since the year 1872."

"1872?!" Tails exclaimed in wonderment. "But that's been over a…century ago!"

Delano growled, "You lie!" The wind quickly picked up again.

Tails held his ground, "I'm not lying! It's now the year 2004! You won't be able to find the ones who took your daughter!"

The spirit in Shadow's body glared at the child, "How dare you tell me what I can not do! I must find them! And be reunited with my child once again!" Lightning blindly flashed around the room, scaring Cream and Tails.

"Stop it!" Cream yelled, tears rolling down her round face.

Delano eyes snapped at Cream and glared a terrifying red color before lifting her up and throwing her into a nearby mirror. She crashed into it and…disappeared.

"Cream!" Tails yelled, horrified. He turned back to Delano, "What did you do to her?!" He demanded, rage boiling in his blood.

Delano eyes glared those same red malicious eyes. "You're next." And everything went black for the fox.

~*~*~*~*~

Knuckles led the way, holding his flashlight out, searching for a door which led to the basement. The storm outside had died down a bit, but rain still pour heavily.

Sonic was growing bored as he placed his hands behind his head, "So…she just fell through the floor?" He asked, looking around the dark room.

Knuckles nodded, but didn't say anything.

Sonic raised an eyebrow, "She just fell…like that?"

Knuckles growled, "Yes Sonic!"

The blue hedgehog chuckles, "Just making sure…"

Amy giggled as she quickly attached herself to the blue hedgehog, "You're so silly, Sonikku."

Sonic grinned, "I know."

Knuckles rolled his eyes at the two, annoyed with them. His flashlight soon fell upon a dark and gray wooden door. "Maybe this is it?" He pushed the door open slowly, allowing it to screech a bit. He was welcome to the sight of horribly unsteady steps which led downward. "C'mon…"

Amy looked over Knuckles shoulder, "That doesn't look too safe…" She said as she looked at the stairs.

The red echidna shrugged, "You could stay here if you're scared." He stated before moving down the stairs slowly.

Sonic went after him, leaving poor Amy alone. She quickly made up her mind and rushed down after the two boys. "Okay! Wait!"

~*~*~*~*~

Rouge slowly opened her eyes only to close them again. The sun brightly beamed down on her face. She rolled over on to her stomach to block the sun's rays from her eyes. Then her eyes quickly snapped open. Sun rays? Was it morning already? She hurriedly stood up and looked around. Then where were Knuckles, Sonic, and the others?

She was standing in some sort of meadow overlooking a large, strange manor. She glazed at the manor in wonder. It looked very familiar. The mansion was beautiful, with three floors and made up of wood painted white.

Suddenly the wind started to pick up as Rouge got closer to the mansion; she paused in her step, feeling a presence behind her. She slightly turned around to see the same fox girl from before. Rouge was confused, what was she doing here?

The young child pointed to the manor, not taking her cold and lifeless eyes from the bat. Rouge turned to the manor to see a figure open the door. It was a middle age man, a blue fox, dressed in an old fashion suit. Following behind him was a young six year old child, a beautiful light turquoise fox. She waved happily to the man.

Rouge then realized that the young fox was the girl standing behind her. But…how was this happening? Was this a…memory from the child's past?

While deep in her thought, darkness quickly took over the land. Rouge quickly snapped out of her thoughts as she took notice in the darkness that had fallen. "What?"

Turning her attention back to the manor, she saw a group of men rushing into the house. They broke down the door, running into the many rooms. Shots were soon heard. Rouge hurriedly rushed to the manor to see what was going on.

~*~*~*~*~

Oops! What do you know…a cliff-hanger I suppose! How do you like my newest creation? I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am! Sorry for the shortness!