Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Mobius 4099 ❯ Chapter 1 ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
ÿþMobius 4099

Written by Luigi The Echidna





Author's Note and Disclaimer: I do not own Sonic The Hedgehog series or Mobius. They both belong to SEGA. I do not own anything except some characters, the plot and RoboNano Inc. And oh, SATam and possible Archie characters belong to their respective owners.

After reading the Spider-Man 2099 Comic series online, I got ideas of things like "What would Mobius be like 1000 years from SATAM time?" and this is the result. Don't worry it's not gonna be a complete ripoff of the thing that inspired it. Anyway, enjoy.One more note, the character "Luigi Espadachin" will explained later in the fic but not this chapter.



Chapter 1:



The Year 4099....



A very different Mobius then it is in the present day......



The Heroes that once defended this planet are gone, either dead or cryogenically frozen....



Disasters have caused this planet to even struggle to survive on it's own two feet...



What hero will rise to this challenge since there is no law and order here no more? We will see....





It was quiet on Mobius, the ruined wastelands which were once the outskirts of the planet were the quietest. Huts that stood there 1000 years ago were now piles of rubble or of hay. From a distance you could see what looked like a busy but beautifully multi-colored lighted futuristic city. The sky was permanantly cloudy, whenever rain came it was acid, and no sun was ever appearing.

Tents were the only sign of residence in this part of the planet, and a orangeish-purpleish rabbit, looking in their 60s, was shouting out to a mysterious figure in the distance.





"STOP! Thief!" The voice of the rabbit cried out, sounding female.



The figure is none other then Luigi Terribles, descendant of the warrior Luigi Espadachin 1000 years earlier. Except this Luigi wasn't a hero, no sir. He was a thief, smuggler and a vandal. Never been caught.





"Pfft, like taking candy from a baby!"muttered the echidna with a blue head, looking very similar to Knuckles the Echidna, and a body that was cruelly black. He was wearing what looked like a white cybernetic suit.



He ran across the side of a oil-spoiled beach scene. The water here had been contaminated for many years. how any Mobian natives survived here is anyone's guess.



Ever since the corrupt human organisation RoboNano arrived here in 4020, Mobius had been living through more hell then anyone would've possibly imagined. NanoTechnology leaked through the systems causing every Mobian on this planet to have technological capibilities in them for now and many generations to come. Monsters started appearing in the forests. Every crime known to man was made legal and the methods of stopping them illegal



Even though he was too far to hear, Luigi could only barely hear the old lady shouting to him:



"YOU'RE NOT WELCOME IN KNOTHOLE NO MORE, THIEF!"



"Pfft, I get that all the time and I'm stll welcome" Luigi muttered to himself.



He shrugged and walked along home.



He entered the door to his house, now this area was more pleasant then the area he had to rob.The walls were covered with tritanium, although by 4099's standards it was a weak material. Numerous computers were implemented on the walls. All of which had multicolored touch screen panels. Luigi headed over to one computer panel.



"Water, no wait, Replenisher Energy Drink."



As if it responded to his second call, immediately a blue glowing energy bottle of water dropped from the compartment of the computer, he took it out and started slowly to drink, although a male voice nearly made him spit out:



"LUIGI! GET UP HERE NOW! WE NEED A SERIOUS TALK!" it shouted.



"Coming father..."



He clutched the bottle and came over to a set of steel steps, he stood on the first one and waited. It seemed to take him up to the next floor of the house like an escalator.



A bronze headed, brown bodied Echidna wearing a blue police-looking uniform was waiting for Luigi.



"You realise this has to stop Luigi, Stealing is wrong. As well as smuggiling and vandalizing." He muttered.



"Says who father? Nicole, remind Father of the situation" Luigi countered.



On the brown oak table behind Luigi's father, a mini-computer seemed to activate.



"Of course Luigi...downloading law history logs...."



Nicole was treated as a religious artifact throughout Mobius as a freedom fighter from a 1000 years ago known as Princess Sally Acorn used it. But at it's resting place in a museum, Luigi stole it.



"Here we are...Forty-seventy on the 6th September at 11:00am, some of the many criminal offenses known as "Stealing", "Smuggiling" and "Vandalizing" became perfectly acceptable to do" Nicole explained to the two.



"You see Father? I'm doing nothing wrong." Luigi stated with a cheesy grin.



"Yeah but, is this affecting your consience AT ALL?!" Luigi's father retiliated.



Luigi's grin turned into laughter.



"Nope"



"MY OWN SON! HEARTLESS?!"



"Get a grip of yourself Dad, Stealing's perfectly legal now." Luigi answered calmly.



"...just shut up and go to your room, okay?" Luigi's father countered.



Luigi grunted and entered his room.



Meanwhile however, in that busy and beautiful futuristic city we saw earlier.....



In the heart of this futuristic city, lies a stone and metal ruin with the symbol of the villain who terrorized here 1000 years ago, Doctor Ivo Robotnik. Or as many people called him because of his shape, "Dr Eggman". Near this ruin, lies a more recent building but still looks in ruins. Inside this building sat a slim figure, human sized. With a green robe and hood. His face was shadowed by the complete darkness of the room, he seems to have been watching Luigi Terribles from the robbery to when he was sent to his room on the huge viewscreen in front of him. He glanced all around the room at the numerous control panels glowing a dark blue.



"Hmm, this Echidna may prove useful for my plans...." He muttered to himself.



The large steel door opened to reveal a bronze colored robot, short and had an unusual sized nose for a robot. This face would've been recogniseable 1000 years ago as a very familar lackey.



"Sir, what's the latest plan?" It asked in a static-covered, deep voice.



"Well, Snively. See this Echidna on the screen? We are going to capture him and use him for experiements.Because nobody does not have the complete attention of me, the Cyber Tyrant." The hooded figure ordered.



"As you wish sire." The robot turned to leave.



"Before you go, two more things" Cyber Tyrant stopped Snively before he could leave.



"Well, do you remember anything before you were first activated?"



"No sir, although I have been getting strange memories as of late." uttered the robot.



"What kind of memories?"Cyber Tyrant replied.



"I am not sure...but I see a human.He was washed up on a blue and yellow shore and falling into a tube...don't remember anything after that in my regeneration data" The robot explained.



"Any description?"



"It is vague, master. But from what I saw,he is modeled in the same way I am."



" I see... Have you managed to locate the frozen heroes, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and their companions yet?" Tyrant asked.



"No sir...we've been searching for them since you took over the company, what makes you think we would find them now?"



"We need those furries if we want to complete our plans to take over this stupid planet. Just think, upon revival we will infect them with NanoTechnology. Then reprogram it and they will become slaves under us. Keep searching" The Tyrant explained



"As you wish, Lord Tyrant. How should we get the echidna?"The robot inquired.



"Send a squad over Snively." Cyber Tyrant confirmed.



"As you wish, M-"Snively robot was about to say something, but Cyber Tyrant cut him off.



"Don't call me by that name" He uttered.



Snively nodded and walked away, leaving Cyber Tyrant to contend over things...



Back at Luigi's home, he was talking to the personal hologram of Nicole in his room, it seemed to take the form of a casually dressed red kitsune but the hologram image was shaded green.



"And in 3072, Luigi Espadachin died." Explained the holgram.



"Okay...can you save the personal moves and abilities of this warrior onto my computer?" Luigi asked.



As in to respond to his inquiry, Nicole nodded and began uttering things like "Copying file Tornado_spin.04.dat" and "Copying emerald_compatibility.ini".



A knock on Luigi's door, he got up from his bed and answered. Five hedgehogs in black suits and sunglasses were the ones knocking.



"Luigi Terribles?" Asked the main Brown Hedgehog.



"Yeah, who's asking?" Luigi responded.



"Agents from RoboNanoInc, we'd like to ask you a few questions."asked a green Hedgehog with the group.



"Says who?" Luigi asked, sticking his tongue out.



A orange Hedgehog sprayed Luigi with some kind of gas, and he fell to the floor, seemingly unconsious.



'Why is it Cyber Tyrant always picks the idiots?" asked a dark pink hedgehog.



The last Hedgehog, a red one picked up Luigi and hauled him over his shoulder, all five walked away.



Soon afterward, Luigi started to slowly open his eyes and started to look around. He seemed to be in a cage in a bright green room. To his left four other cages were around him but he couldn't recognise who were in each cage. Some kind of rifle was attached to a wall to his right and numerous control panels were there.



The hooded figure entered the room.



"Heh Heh Heh, Luigi Terribles. Nice to meet you at last" He uttered.



"Who are you?" Luigi asked, he tried to move but found he was chained to the cage bars by an electromagnetic force found in the bars.



"Who am I? Just call me, 'Cyber Tyrant'. Cyber for short" Cyber Tyrant explained.



"Okay Cyby, why am I here?" Luigi retilated.



Cyber Tyrant just laughed and looked over to a control panel, he presses a few buttons and data started appearing on the screen.



"I've been in charge of this company since 4075, and we've been experimenting on you pathetic Mobians. We've just never let it out until then.Suprised you didn't hear" He explained.



"You...MONSTER!" Luigi shouted out.



"Ah ah ah...I'm going to give you a little present!"



Before he could, Snively entered the room.



"Sir, we located the furries" It explained.



"Excellent, bring it over to the testing lab for later."

Snively left.



Cyber Tyrant reached for the cupboard and seemed to get an old fashioned syringe. He went over to a test tube rack and removed the lid from the syringe and poured some red liquid in it, putting the lid back on he walked over to Luigi.



"This won't hurt a bit..unless you struggle, then it's going to hurt, LOTS."



Cyber Tyrant started to slowly jab the syringe into Luigi's arm....





End of Chapter. Next Chapter up whenever