Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog ❯ Cast of Characters ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Here are the cast of characters:

ERIC TIBERIUS 'SONIC' MOZART a.k.a. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: Sonic the Hedgehog is like the wind: unpredictable and is always at some other place and never congregates in one location for too long. Sonic is a carefree, easy going, and laidback hedgehog who likes nothing more than to just venture across the endless boundaries of the world and enjoy his prized freedom. This is probably why he isn't too interested in dating. With an attitude just as fickle as his urge for adventure, as well as an ego as big as South Island, Sonic is a sassy, quick-witted hedgehog with a passion for just enjoying life, leaving the past behind, and to always move forward without regrets. He's smooth, cool and popular, and tends to let this get to his head from time to time. He lives and dies by his own rules rather than the standards of those around him or even for the sake of heroism. However, when Sonic gets riled up over injustice, oppression, or the despair and sadness of another, his vague sense of heroism kicks into overtime and the results could be devastating since his temper can at times be just as short as his patience. This is most noticeable when he is up against another one of his arch nemesis', Dr. Robotnik's nefarious schemes for global conquest.

MILES 'TAILS' PROWER: Ever since he first met Sonic, Tails has always strived hard to somehow replicate the admirable mannerisms of his best buddy in blue. Tails is a very loyal, docile and sweet-natured fox with a huge knack for building or tinkering with machines. His clever mechanical skills rival that of Eggman's, but Tails never thought of it as such a big deal, thus not realizing his true potential. But in the more recent times, he has tried becoming more independent; just as confident as Sonic when he gets his moment in the spotlight as a hero. Although he works hard to impress Sonic, his true blue friend already knows that Tails' awesome gadgets and positive attitude have always been a huge help for him all this time. Tails eventually came to the conclusion that it was determination he needed, and once that was realized, it made him quite the motivated little fox. If Tails is set on a goal, he can accomplish it. And there is absolutely no doubt that such a gesture impresses Sonic. A lot. Oh, and don't even think about killing Sonic. Tails will NOT let you get away it.

KNUCKLES THE ECHIDNA: Like how Sonic embodies the wind, Knuckles is like the mountain: stern, and unmovable. As long as Knuckles could remember, he was just sitting there protecting the Master Emerald at the shrine on Angel Island. This sworn duty, which he has made a well-defended allegiance to, has caused Knuckles to grow into a rather antisocial, reclusive individual; he is a loner by nature. He is very uncaring, coldly honest, egotistical, wild-tempered, and generally hard to get along with. It is often claimed that Knuckles is very untrusting, but this is by no means plausible since Knuckles' lack of social ingenuity has caused him to be incredibly gullible on the other side. He is commonly tricked by Eggman into thinking foolish things such as Sonic wanting to take the Master Emerald. Many times, this has caused Knuckles to join Eggman's side and battle Sonic, which Sonic considers fun. Sonic sees Knuckles' hot temper as no more than a cute little button to push and exploit for his own amusement, since the hedgehog seems to draw entertainment out of pissing Knuckles off. Sonic has a temper as well, though, and won't hesitate to turn "playtime" into a serious fight. But in time, Knuckles always finds out that he's been duped and the consequences are a force to be reckoned indeed. That, and if the Master Emerald is at all endangered, Knuckles' temper will rise to a fever pitch and will stop at nothing to punish the perpetrator. In spite of Sonic & Knuckles' rivalry and the constant skirmishes they get themselves into, in the end, they eventually join forces, and when Sonic & Knuckles fight together, it is one of the most imposing forces one could ever have the misfortune of being put up against, and ultimately they make amends. Knuckles, however, will always envy Sonic's insouciant and laidback lifestyle – that is probably what's responsible for his subtle inhospitality towards the hedgehog. Recently, Knuckles has found another rival in Rouge the Bat. Even though he is gullible, he absolutely won't fall for anything she tries to pull. Plus, while he does a good job of hiding it, he does have feelings for Rouge. Whether or not he'll do something about it remains to be seen. In spite of his flaws, Knuckles is a good guy and a loyal friend, once you get to know him. Just don't piss him off. EVER.

AMY ROSE: Amy is a hedgehog who has an absolutely hopeless crush on Sonic. She is also first officer of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (no bloody A, B, C, D or E) under the command of Captain James T. Kirk. That pretty much seems to be her gimmick. She first met Sonic by predicting with her tarot cards that she'd meet him on the Little Planet since she idolized the hedgehog and this immediately flowered into an all-out infatuation. Amy always tries her hardest to impress Sonic, especially by proving that she can be independent and do things (such as defeat Eggman) by herself, in spite of how many times she is captured by Dr. Robotnik and thus rescued by her true blue hero. Unfortunately for her, Sonic sees Amy as an annoyance and is not at all hesitant to head for the hills if he so much as senses that she is nearby, since he knows that she is prone to lunge right at him and hug him tightly. But of course, on the inside, Sonic cares for Amy and considers her a good friend. But unlike her, he seems to wish to keep it that way. Amy would love to be more than just friends with Sonic. When she isn't obsessing over Sonic, Amy's positive, protective, erratic, cheerful attitude and optimistic urge to pull the team together is always beneficial to the cast. But like the hedgehog whom she seems to love, Amy's temper can at times be just as short. The sassy, quick-witted temper of her's is mostly accentuated vocally in the form of taunting and verbal slurs. But when she gets physical and exposes that infamous Piko Piko Hammer, she always manages to maintain authority.

CREAM THE RABBIT AND CHEESOCA 'CHEESE' THE CHAO: She will be introduced in Chapter 27, Cream was brought up with the highest care as if she was royalty. Although she is not at all spoiled, she is very naive and is always new to things, which causes her to be a little short on attention. But it is definitely made up for by her very sweet, good-mannered disposition. She minds her manners no matter what situation, even offering a polite curtsy before attacking Eggman! She is very charitable, very loving, but at the same time very sensitive and rather childish. She is prone to burst into tears over something stupid like stolen candy. But this is a very meager disadvantage in comparison to how courteous and polite she is; liking no more than being happy and seeing others the same way. Don't threaten her loved ones, though, becuase this rabbit will dish out pwnage is need be. Cheese is a very loyal Chao and is always ready to help Cream in battle. If Cream is upset, so is Cheese. In case you're keeping score, that's not a good thing.

ROUGE THE BAT: She will be introduced after Chapter 5, Rouge is fearless, bewitching, and obviously overflows with feminine charm. These three features are all that she needs to get what she wants. And what does this sexy bat want? Valuable jewels. A treasure huntress by nature, Rouge has devoted her time to possessing all of the most precious gems she can get her hands on. If she sets her eyes on one she fancies, she will go for it no matter what the costs. In particular, she likes very large ones, which is how she has developed a brewing rivalry with Knuckles since she wants the Master Emerald. However, she's secretly attracted to the rad red echidna (although she'd never admit it), and she admires his fortitude when it comes to looking after the Master Emerald. Judging by her ever confident smirk and vain conduct, Rouge comes off as careless, while on the contrary, she is always calculative and scheming on the inside; performing her feats with the utmost stealth and cunning. She takes her work as a treasure huntress seriously, always looking forward to her salary at the end of her job, which comes in the form of a nice, shiny new jewel. Despite being more of a heroine than she'd readily admit, it just goes to show that when it comes to Rouge, "Diamonds are a woman's best friend." I intended to kill her in Chapter 98.

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG: Shadow is a hedgehog with ambition, to put it simply. With a wit and conduct as crude, sharp, and fast as his physical ability, he is definitely not an individual whose buttons are to be pressed. He is as serious as a heart attack and is usually very quiet and reserved, but when necessary, he is quick to throw in his 2 cents, no matter how coldly honest it is. He is not often the type to make a quick yarn or is very jocular. In many ways, he is the polar opposite of Sonic (except for the ego; they can both be rather full of themselves). If anything, only physically is he similar to the blue blur. Shadow is as smart as a whip and quick to trot; remaining ever somber and vigilant in the face of danger. Such a personality may give him off as a villain or one with bad intentions, when that is not really the case (though he will be one, if that's what it takes). He is just a hedgehog who concentrates on his motives and when Shadow is determined, he is quite literally unstoppable. He is also a loyal ally, determined to protect those he cares about from danger. He has been discovered alive since his supposed death, and was stricken with amnesia for a while. Shadow maintained his serious, motivated demeanor, though he couldn't remember his past or what was of it. When he did find out, it didn't matter. He's still the same, and no cursed past will change that. Whoever decides to become his enemy, be it an outside force or the very people he's promised to protect, Shadow the Hedgehog will fight like he always has.

BLAZE THE CAT: She will be introduced in Chapter 38. Coming from an alternate world, of course, gives you the 'oddity' benefits you'd expect, and one Blaze the Cat is by no means an exception. Shrouded in mystery, Blaze from the start has always been a shy, unreasonably solemn, and painfully antisocial girl. She is oblivious to what it means to have friends or someone to care about and vice versa. the fact that she was pciked on for her abilities when younger didn't help either. Her sworn duty has led her down a path towards the cold guardian of the Sol Emeralds she is now. Although, timid to a fault, she is stubborn as a mule and has a burning passion (pun somewhat intended) for watching the Sol Emeralds combined with a genuine sense of motivation found only in a true diamond in the rough. It wasn't until the final showdown with Dr. Robotnik and the mysterious Eggman Nega that Blaze had finally learned the true meaning of friendship.

THE CHAOTIX

VECTOR THE CROCODILE: Vector is head honcho of the Chaotix Detective Agency. He's the brains behind the operation and unfortunately this crocodile lets it get to him. But when Vector isn't worried about the next time a new client will come along or when he'll get the money to pay the mortgage on the office, he is usually a real cool, charming, and decisive crocodile. He'll handle pretty much any type of business, but he is a crocodile with morals. He won't get into anything dirty. Although he takes his work seriously, Vector is still very giving and charitable. He'll do things for people that are big tasks such as finding a lost child or even the most meager things such as finding stolen candy for a child! In spite of his daunting appearance and sometimes mildly rude and snappy attitude when he gets peeved, Vector is a child at heart and is a gentle giant with a wealthy personality, charming conduct, a cool sense of humor, and a knack for leadership. Just make sure you can catch him when he isn't too busy listening to his tunes on his headphones or when he's not checking out the local food courts!

ESPIO THE CHAMELION: Espio was once quite the hothead but, thanks to his apparent ninja training, he is the epitome of discipline, order, and wisdom. While Vector is a child at heart and loves to jam, and while Charmy is a loudmouth, Espio is the silent and shady one of the bunch. You ALWAYS gotta have a silent and shady one, afterall. However, the silence/shadiness is not of his friends' concern, since that usually just means Espio is meditating and storing spiritual energy and power to unleash in battle. Espio has a very militaristic discipline and is always quick to trot in spite of that he is usually quiet and laidback. However, if you were to congregate with Espio, you'd find he is very opinionated and very self-obsessed. But when things look bad and the outlook is dreadful, Espio is always loyal to his comrades and acts with the utmost determination and stealth; always asserting an intense drive and focus on the mission. Without considering his obvious aptitude and expertise at the martial arts, Espio always thinks his Ninja training is never over.

CHARMY BEE: Loud, rowdy, immature, scatterbrained, hilarious to watch, mischievous, and hyper. These are the words that most aptly describe one Charmy Bee of the Chaotix Detective Agency. Vector and Espio like to see Charmy as just a cute kid mascot, but his tracking skills for when he has a hunch are definitely of value to the Detective Agency's success. Anyone would suspect such a conduct out of a 6 year old kid, though. Especially when he hangs out with a near equally as childish 20 year old and a silent 16 year old. Their clashing personalities probably leave a large impression on Charmy. Everything Charmy does is something you'd suspect out of a 6 year old. He is always moving when he is awake; hovering in the air and zooming back and forth and from side to side, or flailing his legs when he is sitting. It is unknown as to whether or not Charmy is just naturally hyper or if he eats a lot of sugar. But the conduct has taken its toll on Espio and Vector since they sometimes find Charmy's loud and obnoxious antics rather annoying. But Charmy usually takes it to his advantage and bugs his two friends even more! But in the end, Charmy is invaluable to the team and Vector and Espio treat the little guy as an equal nonetheless, and express quite perceptibly that he is a crucial part of the Chaotix Detectives.

SALLY ACORN: Sally Acorn (also know as Princess Sally Elisha of the House of Acorn) prefers to be called just "Sally". Being of Royal Blood, this fifteen year-old, part squirrel (her father)/part chipmunk (her mother), has far from "fallen out of her Royal family tree". She continues her endless quest to return her world to its original state and find her father, the King. He was exiled into the Zone of Silence by the evil Dr. Robotnik during his coup d'etat, in yesterday's Mobotropolis. To achieve her mission, Sally organizes a group of Freedom Fighters, who under her leadership, "strive to survive" and help Sally achieve her goal. Together, with her half-robotic side-kick (ouch!...metal side) Bunnie Rabbot and her "user friendly" pocket computer Nicole! These three "Freedom Fighters" can really kick bot-butt and take names later. Problem is none of Robotnik's Swatbots have names, only numbers. How ironic!! Sally is independent, headstrong and extremely intelligent. She knows that the only way the Freedom Fighters can defeat Robotnik is to work together by combining brains and instinct... Sally's smarts... Bunnie's strength...Sonic's speed...and the entire group of Freedom Fighters' spunk... Sally knows that smells of victory are within reach!!! And only if you can keep a secret: Sally's got a real crush on Sonic -- and you know what?-- the hedgehog likes her almost as much as chili dogs! WAY COOL, HUH??!!!

BUNNIE RABBOT: Bunnie Rabbot with her cute "li'l ol, accent" and sugar-sweet disposition, is the strongest of all The Freedom Fighters. Since being taught some martial arts moves from Princess Sally herself, Bunnie's been able to flatten a door with one kick, split a boulder with a judo chop and "just plain ol' pound some Swatbot be-hind." Bunnie still maintains her perky personality despite squeaking and clanking if her joints aren't regularly oiled, Bunnie was a simple southern-country Mobian when her land was raided by Robotnik's Swatbots. Armed with a portable roboticizer, they captured and roboticized many southern Mobians, including Bunnie's parents. Bunnie escaped but was followed and later captured herself. She was half-roboticized when Sonic and The Freeedom Fighters came to the rescue. Having only her legs and left arm roboticized, they took her to Knothole where she met Princess Sally. The two quickly became the best of friends. Bunnie wishes three things: 1 ) To end Robotnik's reign of techno-terror, 2) To find a way to de-roboticize herself, 3) To become Sally's Royal hairdresser when everything is back to normal.

ANTOINE D'COOLETE: Antoine D'Coolette's family is from the French section of Mobius. His father was a general in King Acorn's realm until he was sacked by Robotnik's mechanical forces during the coup. Antoine's mission in life is to follow in his father's footsteps. He sees himself as the one who will restore the realm for the Princess through his honor and courage. Others see Antoine as a sometimes cowardly-acting klutz. Sometimes they are both right. Somewhat jealous of Sonic, Antoine is constantly competitive with him. This has caused many a rift between the two, even though Sonic doesn't take Antoine seriously half of the time.

ROTOR: A walrus inventor with high technical skills, Rotor is the only one who can fight Robotnik's technology with technology. Not being much of a socialite, like Sonic, Rotor keeps to what he knows: building anything he wants and fixing anything he can. Though he can program them, the one thing he can't fix are computers. Because he is a fast-learner, he continuously takes things apart to learn how to put it back together. Sonic thinks of him as slow as a lava flow, but underwater -- zoom-- like a torpedo! Having grown up next door to Sonic, they escaped together when Robotnik took over. His mom escaped with his little brother (a baby at the time) to the arctic. Rotor's father and older brother (who he hasn't seen since), was captured and supposedly roboticized. Rotor misses his family a lot. He is waiting until Robotnik's defeat. Then he'll find them so that they can be a family again.

MINA MONGOOSE: Mina first appeared after Eggman’s forces had captured her mother, and Mina wanted to go save her before she was roboticized. Soon she found herself under attack from Eggman's men, and was saved by Sonic the Hedgehog. Sonic told Mina it was probably too late and that she would probably risk the same fate. This response upset Mina because she didn't think Sonic understood how she felt, but Sonic explained that his own parents had been roboticized too. Having someone who understood how she felt seemed to calm her down for that moment and Mina would go with Sonic and the other freedom fighters to Knothole. Once Mina arrived at Knothole she would this time period, Mina would mourn over the roboticization of her mother and dealt with moments where she wished she would be roboticized so that she be with her mother. Mina managed to head out of such times, by getting a job with Rosie babysitting orphans who had lost their parents like she did. Her sentiments towards Sonic, also changed during her stay in Knothole. While he explained that he understood the nature of Mina's loss, Sonic still seemed to her rather distant. It was only until she walked in on an intimate moment between Sonic and his parents, did she respect Sonic as a hero who had a soft side. Regardless, Mina would not have an encounter he himself would recognize until much later. At this point, Mina's depression over the loss of her family led a desire to confront Robotnik herself. For Sonic, he was heading to Robotropolis to restore free will to his uncle using the sword of Acorns he had stolen from the kingdom. After a brief argument over the motives one another had for going to robotropolis, the two would deal with an ambush that would result in the loss of the sword of Acorns. After the incident, Mina would find herself trying to cover up Sonic's theft since she could finally bring herself to respect Sonic as a hero. This however didn't go on long as the kingdom's secret service began to suspect Sonic of stealing it. By telling Mina they would avoid persecuting Sonic if she told them what happened, they received the confession from her that they desired and went forward confronting Sonic whose knighthood would be removed due to this incident. She would also begin life as a school girl, and would be Sonic and Bunnie's classmate. Bunnie wouldn't take kindly to Mina due to noticing that she could very well end up as competition for Sally over Sonic's affections, so Sonic would be her only close friend. Eventually, the time would come for Mina to go with Sonic as his friends as a comrade. The mission was at Robotropolis, and originally the idea was to rescue Nate. However, with the sword of Acorns found wielded by Sally, the free will of the robians (roboticized mobians) was restored. Mina on the other hand would undergo a scouting mission for Nate. Though the mission was ultimately a failure, Mina received her first taste of being a team player, and would also aid the freedom fighters in safely helping the robians out of the city. When everyone had reached Knothole, there were many reunions, including that of Mina's reunion with her mother, Isabel(la).

SONIA THE HEDGEHOG: As she was raised with luxury and wealth, Sonia tends to be quite high maintenance, spoiled, and snooty. She hates getting dirty and constantly worries about the condition of her hair and clothes. Although she appears to be selfish, she is generally good natured and helps those that are in need. Sonia is known to occasionally talk like a valley girl, despite being voiced by a man in the English variant of the show. Sonia is very self-sufficient and does not hesitate in taking on any threat or challenge that she may encounter, often coming out on top. She likes to think things through and on many occasions, has helped her brothers out of their own troubles.

MANIC THE HEDGEHOG: Manic plays the drums in the band of the three siblings Sonia, Sonic, and himself. Like his siblings, he possesses a medallion resembling a drumkit that doubles as a weapon. Manic's character is a pickpocket, placing him in the lowest role of growing up for the siblings: Sonic lived in an average home, while Sonia lived like a princess. When their mother was forced to separate them, his basket was stolen and brought to the thief, Ferrel, who raised Manic to be a thief. Though Sonia has a distaste for Manic's lifestyle (and his tolerance for sewers), his thieving skills and mastery with computers and machines is greatly needed. Manic seems to be the only one of the three that can pick locks, get away with stealing, fix auto machinery, and hack into computers. While he gets defensive when his old background is criticized, he grew up without ever feeling he had a real home until he met his siblings. Manic is the "laid back" sibling, and slangs sometimes in the show. Manic possesses neither his brother's super speed nor his sister's strength. However, when used properly, his drumset can control the earth, creating seismic activity under Manic's direction. His cymbals can even reflect laser fire. According to the Oracle, his drums are the most powerful weapon of the three. He rides on a hover board which also acts like a surfboard.

DR. JULIAN ROBOTNIK/EGGMAN: Dr. Robotnik: a romanticist, feminist and (self-professed) gentlemanly genius hell bent on world domination with an unreasonably immature and childish character. One would think that with such vast intellect and resources (which have never been revealed), taking over the world would be child's play. But there is always one flaw in Eggman's plans. As you would have thought, it wasn't some minor miscalculation in the programming and structure of his innovations. (Although there have been few cases where his robots did something that they weren't designed to do.) It was actually Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends. As he watches his plans of global conquest go down before him, at the receiving end is always a blue grinning hedgehog or perhaps an angry red echidna, or even a rather ill-tempered pink hedgehog with a large hammer mounted on her shoulders. Sonic, in particular, always stops Eggman's plans to take over the world; destroying his giant doomsday machines or cutting through his intricate bases like a hot knife through butter and cornering the dastardly doctor to the point of inevitable surrender. Recently, he's seen a technical rival in Tails, but doesn't let it concern him… unless it's the fox dishing out the punishment. In any case, he doesn't take Tails too lightly nowadays. Although Dr. Robotnik wishes for global conquest, perhaps his plan for it if he were to happen to actually achieve that goal wouldn't be so bad. Unlike how most believe, it's not death or complete and utter destruction he seeks out with his quest for conquest, despite the fact that he came THIS close to killing Sonic once. He actually has a deep respect for Sonic's determination, evident by the now more frequent occasions where Eggman has helped Sonic & company when things looked bleak. In the end, Eggman is just full of himself, and he wants to show that to absolutely everybody. It doesn't take an IQ of 300 to figure that out considering all of the depictions of his face on his robots or even his moon-sized space stations. (But hey, Eggman's got an IQ of 300 anyway, so yeah.) Unfortunately, the attention and celebrity Eggman has received thus far is on the negative side, but his childish and stubborn fortitude drives him in the opposite direction from actually learning his lesson.