Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ On the Road Again ❯ Sky-high adventure ( Chapter 28 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 28: Sky-high adventure

After their arrival in New York, Sonic the Hedgehog and his crew found the crime fighter Scotty in the City. It was only after coming to realize the truth that Scotty trusted Metal-2, but there was hardly any time to lose. No doubt, Dr. Eggman and the other villains were also in that place, and they came to destroy the RV, and the crew with it. Sonic knew this, and it was dangerous. As we now look in on our team of adventurers, they made a stop near Central Park. Sonic let his green eyes scan the area, and so far, it was clear, safe. But he wondered how long it would last. He kept his hands on the steering wheel, and then he heard the sound of a quiet slurp.

It was Shadow, drinking coffee. "It's the best part of waking up." He grinned.

"But it's still dark outside." Sonic said, quietly. "I'll stop here for now. We're low on fuel."

Scotty stood beside Metal-2, silent, and then he spoke. "We should be watchful."

Knuckles yawned. "Count me in. I'm really great at watching." He said.

Rouge turned another page of her book. "Oh, I'm in chapter 28 now." She smiled proudly.

"I still don't understand how you can read while we're in the middle of danger." Knuckles said.

"That's nothing." Tails said, "You should have seen Metal-2. He read War and Peace."

Metal-2 nodded. "There is nothing like flipping through some fine literature between scenes." The robot said, placing the large book down, and everyone looked at him in surprise.

Amy and Tikal were asleep, but Jenean could not sleep. Of course, she felt tired, but she found it hard to close her eyes. She stared outside the window, resting on the sofa, quietly.

"Jenean?" Tails whispered, and he sat down beside her. "Are you okay, Jenean?"

The girl fox turned to him with a sweet smile. "Yes, I'm fine, Tails. Thanks." She answered.

"You look worried." Tails noticed, and he saw Jenean blink her sparkling blue eyes.

"I'm just a little tired, but I can't sleep because I was thinking of what happened." She stopped for a moment, and then she told him. "The Predator kidnapped me, burned my car shop in Kentucky, and then he took me to Robotnik. That shop was my home, and I saw it burn."

Tails saw her shivering, and so he gave her a warm blanket. "Here, this will help." He said.

"I was so afraid." Jenean continued, "When I was taken, I kept thinking of this RV, and you."

Tails was speechless, but he smiled at her, and she did the same. Jenean rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes to rest, and then Tails began to blush, unable to move.

Sonic grinned at his young friend. "Hey, Tails, little buddy, way to go." He lifted a thumb.

"I didn't do anything." Tails whispered faintly, still blushing.

Shadow shrugged. "That's usually all it takes." He whispered after another sip of coffee. "Hey, Sonic, we have been here for over an hour now, but so far, there has been no trouble."

"Yeah, I know, Shad." Sonic said, "I guess maybe we lost them, so what could go wrong?"

"Sonic, do not ask!" Knuckles gasped, warning him, but it was too late.

Just then, and very suddenly, the arm of Predator came breaking in through the RV's floor. It reached for Scotty, but instead, it dragged Amy Rose away, and she woke up, screaming.

"AMY!" Sonic called, and he jumped from the driver's chair to reach her.

"HELP!!" Amy screamed, holding on, but Predator began to drag her toward him. "Sonic, help me!" Amy called, and she felt the leader grip her by the arms, trying to pull her back.

Metal-2 armed his blasters, but Sonic yelled, "No, Metal-2, don't fire! You'll hit her!"

Then Scotty swung his Emerald Sword, attacking the enemy's arm, and then Amy was free. Predator's arm fled away, vanished until it was no longer seen. After that, Amy held Sonic tight, almost chocking him, and the blue hedgehog gasped for air, closing his eyes.

"Oh, gracious, our floor!" Knuckles said in surprise to see the damage. "Poor RV."

"It's not that bad." Shadow said, "There was a coffee stain on that carpet spot anyway."

"So, it was you!" Sonic pointed at him. "I always thought it was Freeway."

Then the baby deer Freeway gave Shadow an angry look. Shadow gulped. "Whoops."

Scotty kept his sword in hand, and when he deactivated it, Predator's deadly hand gripped him by the neck, choking him. Scotty instantly fell to his knees at the strong force, and he dropped his sword as he lost his vision. He tried to free himself, but it was useless. Metal-2 quickly took hold of the enemy's hand to let Scotty breathe. The robot was able to loosen the grip slightly.

"Do not interfere, tin hedgehog!" The harsh voice of Predator spoke, and he appeared in the RV. He stood with his hand still around Scotty's neck, and he faced Sonic the Hedgehog.

"Let him go, Predator." Sonic said, keeping Amy and the others behind him.

"Perhaps I will, if you tell the robot to step away." Predator hissed, without emotion.

"Metal-2, move away, slowly." Sonic ordered, and Metal-2 obeyed while watching Scotty.

"S-S-S-Sonic, I--can't--" Scotty chocked as Predator tightened his grip.

"Now, you will surrender yourselves and your vessel, or he dies!" Predator threatened. The crew became stunned, and then the enemy told them, "You have twenty seconds to comply!"

Scotty opened an eye, just barely enough to see his sword on the floor, but he could not reach it. His vision was blurry, but with his right hand, he reached for his left wrist. He slightly moved his glove to touch his Thunderbird watch, and when he pressed the button, the Emerald Sword flew toward him, and Predator dropped the hedgehog when the laser sword hit his shoulder. The enemy cried out in pain, backing away from the crew, and he vanished from their sight.

"Is it gone?" Knuckles asked, daring to open his eyes to only see nothing there.

"Is that what Chaos Control is?" Shadow asked, standing now with Sonic.

"My Sword is a Chaos Emerald, after all." Scotty reminded them after recovering.

"But where did the Predator go?" Amy asked, almost wishing not to know.

Then suddenly, everyone froze with terror when something entered the RV through the window. "Hi! I'm Omochao, and I'm here to help!" He said, happily flying over them.

"Oh no!!" The crew gasped, and then Metal-2 aimed his blaster toward the sudden visitor.

"No, Metal-2, no!" Tails pulled the robot's arm away from aiming the weapons.

"Just toss him out!" Sonic pointed to the window, and then Metal-2 captured Omochao.

"Hey, stop it! Let me go!" Omochao said, "Why don't you get yourself a teddy bear?"

"Hasta la vista, baby!" Metal-2 said, and then he tossed the annoying robot outside the window.

"Now I wonder who taught him that?" Rouge asked, and everyone looked at the blushing Sonic.

Metal-2 turned to Scotty, and he saw that he was unharmed. "Are you all right?" He asked.

"I will be when that no good criminal is down where he belongs. I must go now."

"But Scott," Sonic said, "If you go alone, you don't stand a chance. I'll come along."

Metal-2 also volunteered to go out on another dangerous mission. Tails and Jenean were ready to help with the handy laptop computer. Shadow, Amy, and Tikal were willing to make a stand.

"And I better fix this floor!" Knuckles said, looking down at it, while Rouge continued reading.

= = = = =

In the streets of Manhattan, Sonic, Metal-2, and Scotty raced together in the City, but for one reason or another, they saw no sign of the Predator. Shadow was on his own, that is, until he suddenly ran into them, and when he did, the three hedgehogs screamed in fright, quite surprised.

"Shadow, it's just us!" Sonic shouted at him, breathless.

"Guys, it's only me!" Shadow said, at the same time Sonic shouted.

Metal-2, if he could, he seemed to roll his eyes as he turned his head.

Just then, they heard Amy calling for them. "Sonic, help! He took Tikal!" She said.

"What?!" Sonic asked, and he became very worried. "Where did he take her?"

"Don't worry. I'm fine." The voice of Tikal replied, and they turned to see that it was so.

"No, Sonic!" Scotty warned him, standing in his way. "It's not Tikal, believe me!"

"Well, then who?" Sonic asked, and then he suddenly realized it. "Oh no."

It was Predator, deceiving them, and he changed back into his normal form.

Shadow growled with anger. "Where is Tikal?!" He asked the enemy robot.

"For the moment, she is alive." Predator said, not answering his question.

"Revenge!" Shadow yelled, and he jumped toward him with a homing attack.

But Predator swiftly attacked the hedgehog, striking him down with his hand. Shadow fell to the street, away from Predator, and to Sonic, everything seemed to be slow like a nightmare.

"…Maria…" Shadow whispered before closing his eyes.

"Shadow!!" Sonic called for him, and he ran toward Predator, but the robot quickly flew out of the hedgehog's reach, and with no warning, Predator captured Sonic with a cord, which wrapped around him, lifting him from the street. "I'm going up!! Scott!!!" Sonic called out to him.

"Sonic!!" Scotty yelled, and he gripped his legs, and so he was also taken away.

"Oh no, this is awful!" Amy exclaimed, "Predator has taken them both! They're in trouble!"

"I will go." Metal-2 said, and before he took off, Amy held his arm, keeping him back.

"Wait!" Amy said, "You have to promise you won't kill anyone, okay?"

Metal-2 lifted his hand in the air, saying: "I promise I will not kill anyone."

"Okay, go on, and hurry! I'll take care of Shadow. Now, go!" Amy pointed.

Metal-2 flew after Predator, and then Amy turned, running to Shadow, who was waking up.

"Shadow, are you okay?" Amy asked as she helped him sit up.

Shadow groaned, opening his eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine." He answered, quietly.

Then Amy explained. "Metal-2 went after Sonic and Scotty, but now, we better go find Tikal."

Shadow nodded, agreeing. "All right, let's go!" He called, and they departed together.

= = = = =

Meanwhile…

Tails and Jenean searched from a tall skyscraper with the laptop computer, and they soon located the Predator, but he was a little too close when he flew right over them. Predator turned, firing at the building where they stood, and then Jenean lost her balance, falling down far below, screaming. The laptop also fell, and of course, Tails went for Jenean, and he flew down after her.

"Tails, help!!" Jenean cried with her eyes closed, falling further and further down.

Tails flew down, trying to reach her, but she was falling fast. For a moment, he thought he was going to lose her, but the thought made him go even faster until he reached her. He amazingly caught Jenean before she hit the street, and he flew over New York's busy traffic, unharmed.

"I've got you, Jenean! Hold on!" Tails called, and Jenean opened her eyes to see him.

"Tails!" She called him, smiling now. Jenean held him tight as he flew her to safety.

Tails looked behind himself, and he saw the laptop, destroyed on the city street. He sighed, sadly. "It was a good and faithful laptop." He said to himself, but Jenean made him forget the troubles.

"Thank you so much for saving me. You're so brave." Jenean told him, shyly.

"Oh, you're welcome. No problem." Tails grinned. He felt like a hero, and he was so.

= = = = =

Meanwhile, somewhere above NYC…

"This is down and under crazy!!" Sonic yelled, still captured. "He needs a flying license!!"

"I know what you mean!" Scotty shouted at him because of the wind.

Predator had Sonic caught with the cord as he flew over the City, and Scotty held Sonic by the legs, not daring to look down at the dreadful sight below him. It was not a very pleasant flight.

"What's this holding me?!" Sonic asked, looking down at the cord around him.

"I'm not sure, but we're not where we're supposed to be!" Scotty replied.

"Oh, man, this is not good!" Sonic yelled as Predator made a sharp turn around a building.

"Yikes!" Scotty gasped, and his grip quickly slipped down to the red sneakers of the blue hedgehog, and when he held on to one of the sneakers, it slipped off of Sonic.

"Whoa! Good heavens, my sneaker!!" Sonic said in surprise, blushing at his sock.

"Whoops!" Scotty said with a red sneaker in his hand. "I'm sorry, Sonic!"

"Never mind, Scott! Just slip it back on!" Sonic requested, and Scotty did so.

"Now I better set us free with my Sword!" Scotty said, and in his hand, he held his sword while holding on to Sonic with his other hand. He activated the emerald green laser, and it appeared.

"Uh, Scott, what are you going to do with that thing?!" Asked a nervous Sonic.

"Don't worry!" Scotty answered, and then Sonic began to sweat on his face. Scotty began to climb a little higher, enough for the sword to reach over the blue hedgehog's head, and he swung his sword, cutting the cord with no trouble, and they were over the Harbor, in other words: water.

"WATER?!" Sonic asked, screaming as he fell down far below with the crime fighter.

"Jumping skyscrapers, we're falling!" Scotty yelled when he saw the Statue of Liberty.

"At least we're free!" Sonic shouted at him, and he closed his green eyes.

But just before they reached the water, Metal-2 caught them both, carrying them.

"Oh, Metal-2, you saved us! Thanks!" Sonic said, smiling at the robot.

"And we're skiing on the Harbor's water! Super cool!" Scotty said with excitement.

"I hate to interrupt this ride, but the Predator will return." Metal-2 warned the hedgehogs.

"Right," Sonic nodded, and he said, "There's no doubt of that, but that guy is history!"

"It won't be that easy, Sonic!" Scotty then reminded him, "Remember what he did."

"Correct," Metal-2 said, "Now we must return to the City before he reveals himself."

"Okay, Metal-2, and thank you." Scotty smiled, and Metal-2 winked his eye.

"Hey, how did you do that?" Sonic asked the robot, surprised in his eyes.

"I am full of surprises, as you say." Metal-2 said, and then Scotty shook his head, smiling. The robot carried the hedgehog to safety, unaware that Predator was watching them, in rage.

= = = = =

Leaving the hedgehogs for now, we find Tikal opening her eyes from a sleep, and she found herself on a blue sofa. She sat up, blinking her eyes to focus, and she was in a room. She turned her head slightly, looking around at her surroundings as she tried to recall what happened.

Then she heard Chaos. "She's alive!" He cheered, happily as he entered the room.

Metal Sonic angrily snorted. "Good, then throw her out!" He spat.

"No!" said Chaos, "She will stay here, and you can't stop me, so there, screwy!"

"Excuse me," Tikal asked him, "Where am I?"

"Oh," Chaos turned to her, and he answered, "You are the lucky guest of Chaos Zero the great!"

"Okay," Tikal said, cautious with her moves. "But I'm very thirsty. Could I please have a drink?"

"Sounds like a good idea for milk and cookies, and that's just what I've got!" Chaos said.

"It's all he's got!" Metal said, angrily waving his arms in the air.

Tikal looked down at the tray, and she saw a glass of milk, and three sandwich cookies. "Thank you." She said, and in secret, she kept him busy to give the crew time to arrive.

Chaos blushed, covering his eyes as he stepped away, and then Tikal tried a sip of milk. It was cold and fresh, just how she liked it. Metal suddenly lifted his head from deep thought when he heard Shadow, and he came jumping through the window with glass shattering. The black hedgehog landed near Tikal, and he faced the two enemies, while Amy carefully came in.

"Pathetic villains, you won't even get the chance!" Shadow growled, furious.

"This is terrible, it's Invaders from Mars!" Chaos cried, running in a panic.

"I destroy!" Metal yelled at Shadow, but before he could attack the hedgehog, he heard Dr. Eggman through his communication devise, saying:

"Metal, forget the girl echidna, and get that RV while it's trapped!" Eggman commanded.

"Excellent," Metal said, "This will be perfect! Chaos, let's go!" He dragged him away. The evil robot escaped outside the window with Chaos screaming with fright, and they were gone.

Then Shadow turned to the others, his friends. "Tikal, are you all right?" He asked.

"Yes," Tikal answered him. "I'm fine." She twisted a sandwich cookie to lick the icing.

"Well, at least she is not hurt," said Amy, "But now we must save the RV, before it's too late!"

"Then we must be going. Come on, you two." Shadow called, and he led them outside.

After a high adventure in the land, water, and sky, the crew still had a problem on hand. The RV was now a target with Metal and Chaos on the way there. Knuckles and Rouge were still with the RV, but there is no way of telling what could become of this surprise attack on them. Shadow, Amy, and Tikal were also on their way to the RV, but which will reach it first? In the meantime, Metal-2, Sonic, and Scotty were still in danger as Predator stalked them. They had to be ready.