Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Red Hot Spot ❯ Turned Back Time ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Sonic Team characters used in this fic. All I own are the rights to this story.

*************************************************************** *****************************

10:59 Station Square

* The scene: an alley by Station Square Park, near where Amy's apartment is. A bright flash of light appears as Amy Chaos Controls into view. *

Amy: Huh? Where am I? (looks outside the alley) There's the park. I must be near my house!

* Someone then walks out of her apartment. Amy quickly ducks back into the alley. *

Amy: Is that a burglar?

* As the mystery person walks by, Amy sees…herself? *

Amy: What the hell? Is that me? But, I'm right here…

* After the other Amy goes out of sight, the real Amy goes to her door, unlocks it, and heads inside. *

11:00 Amy's apartment

Amy: (looks around) Well, my apartment still looks the same. Just what's going on here? (looks at calendar on wall) Wait a minute. It says "July 18." That's two weeks ago! But, how - (feels around in her pockets, and discovers the clear Emerald in her right pocket) How did I use Chaos Control?

* An earthquake about magnitude 5.9 hits the area. It lasts for 20 seconds, but that was more than enough time to knock down some shelves and other accessories hanging on the walls. After it ends, Amy looks outside to see any damage caused. Then she realizes something. *

Amy: I forgot! The first set of earthquakes from the volcano started today!

* Amy looks around some more and spots her other self rushing towards the apartment. *

Amy: And I forgot that too! (slaps head) I remember postponing my trip to the mall to see if my house was okay. Now I'll never get out time. I gotta hide.

* Amy swiftly moves into a nearby closet, keeping the door slightly open so she can peek through. The other Amy then enters only to find many of her belongings on the floor. *

Other Amy: That earthquake did more damage than I thought. *sigh* I guess I'll have to get to work.

* It took the other Amy until 10 at night to finish cleaning up. One can imagine that the real Amy was bored out of her mind by then. But at 22:30, the other Amy went to bed. This gave the real one a chance to leave. And leave she did. *

July 18, 22:48 Station Square train station

Eruption Countdown: 13 days, 18 hours, 19 minutes

* Amy arrived at the train station. She found it overloaded with people shouting at something. An officer near the main platform then speaks into a megaphone. *

Officer: Ladies and gentleman, the earthquake earlier today had caused the main train tunnel to collapse. We do have construction crews on the way, however. Barring any major problems, they will have the tunnel rebuilt in about 2 and a half weeks. But right now, they are trying to make their way past some buildings that had fallen due to the quake. So please remain calm, and we appreciate your patience.

Amy: (to herself) The tunnel collapsed?

* She runs over to the casino cul-de-sac, where the main train tunnel is. Indeed it is broken, but part of the track is hanging down like a ladder. *

Amy: I can still get to Tails' workshop! I just hope no one sees me.

* Amy proceeds to climb up the makeshift track-ladder. But an aftershock of the earlier quake, about magnitude 4.7, hits and causes the track to slip slightly. Amy almost loses her balance, but she continues to climb. Eventually she reaches the top and runs as fast as she can down the tunnel. *

July 19, 07:33 Mystic Ruins train station

Eruption Countdown: 13 days, 9 hours, 34 minutes

* All seems calm at the train station. That is, until Amy is seen walking exhaustively along the track. *

Amy: Exhausted…must rest…

* Amy is barely able to make it to Tails' workshop nearby. She weakly knocks on the door, but fortunately Tails heard it. He opens the door for her. *

Tails: Hey Amy. What's up?

Amy: …volcano…(falls down unconscious onto the floor)

July 21, 13:27 Basement of Tails' workshop

Eruption Countdown: 11 days, 3 hours, 40 minutes

* Amy is seen lying asleep on a bed of some sort. She wakes up, although with her eyes still closed. *

Amy: Ugh…Sonic?

Tails: No Amy, Tails.

Amy: (with eyes still closed) I had this horrible dream. There was a volcano in Station Square, and it killed Sonic. Then I somehow went two weeks back in time…

Tails: It was just a nightmare, Amy. You almost died of dehydration back there. But you're better now, back in July 21.

Amy: (opens eyes) July 21?! (sits up rapidly; looks around) Where am I now?

Tails: This is a secret basement I have for other inventions. I've never really shown you anything in here before.

Amy: Forget that, Tails. Listen to me. There's volcano underneath Station Square. It'll erupt in less than two weeks. We have to prevent the citizens from getting killed by it.

Tails: Volcano? This dream really got to your head, didn't it?

Amy: It's not a dream, Tails. Sonic did get killed by the volcano. I did get sent two weeks back in time. And I'm still in the past!

Tails: Are you sure it's not a dream? I know there are volcanoes here in Japan, but your story sounds too farfetched.

Amy: It's not a friggin' dream! Don't you believe me?!

Tails: Well, no. But I can find out for sure with that machine over on the wall. I call it the Mind Reader Deluxe, Version 2.0. It can read brain waves and determine whether or not they were from reality or from dreams. It needs a Chaos Emerald to function, though.

Amy: I got one here in my pocket. (takes out the clear Emerald) Here.

Tails: Hold on. How'd you get that?

Amy: Sonic gave it to me in the future, and it came back to the past with me. (gives the Emerald to Tails)

Tails: Fine, fine. (points to a helmet attached to the machine) Put that helmet on.

Amy: Okay. (puts the helmet on)

Tails: *thinking* But Sonic should still have this Emerald with him. I wonder…

Amy: Well, what are you waiting for?

Tails: Okay, okay. (puts the Emerald into a slot; the machine starts up) Where should I start looking?

Amy: A little less than four days ago.

Tails: (looking up at monitor) Let's see…"reality" when you took a trip to the mall; you arrived back at your apartment - a massive earthquake hit later?!

Amy: From the volcano, Tails.

Tails: Right. (looks back up at the monitor) It appears you blacked out during the quake. And now it says "dream" when you…saw a big, green robot try to kill you?

Amy: It's called Zero, Tails. I was always scared of that robot, but these recurring nightmares are starting to get to me.

Tails: Let's get back to the monitor. Now it says "reality" when you ran out of your apartment and found…the erupting volcano!

Amy: See? I told you!

Tails: Wait. There's more here.

Amy: I'm not too sure if you'd want to see it, though.

Tails: (still analyzing the monitor) You called Sonic on your cell phone, wondering how you even got a signal…a few hours later, Sonic and I caught up to you, and - oh my God - I got smashed by a lava rock.

Amy: I said you wouldn't want to see that.

* Tails still looks at the monitor, but he seems a bit disturbed by what he saw. *

Tails: You got your foot trapped in gravel, then the ground fell under Sonic's feet, and he…burst into flame from the lava.

Amy: That's another thing I didn't really want you to see.

Tails: I'm gonna be sick…

* Tails rushes to the bathroom nearby and barfs somewhat. When he comes out, he has an extremely disturbed look on his face. *

Amy: Tails? Are you alright?

Tails: No! (falls to his knees and starts crying) And it said "reality" that whole time! It was all real! Sonic and I both died!

Amy: Tails, please calm down. It couldn't be helped then. But I feel like I now have an extra chance to save everyone in the city, including you and Sonic.

Tails: Change the past?! How can you? I can't just show the Station Square city council the reports from my Mind Reader Deluxe! They'll act more stubbornly than I did!

Amy: That's the problem. I need a way to convince them…hey, I know! I'll show them some sort of measurement from the volcanic activity! Do you have something that collects and monitors volcanic gases?

Tails: I think so. The machine is right on that table over there.

Amy: (walks over to the table) Thanks, Tails. (picks the small machine up)

Tails: But what about Cream and her mother Vanilla? They live right in the park, but I doubt they'll listen to you either.

Amy: They still have G-mel, right?

Tails: Oh yeah, that's right. I equipped it with a lie detector so it can identify intruders. Maybe you can use that to your advantage. Maybe.

Amy: And there's still Sonic.

Tails: Well, you could show him the clear Chaos Emerald. As far as I know, he still has it with him.

Amy: All I hope is that he has enough time for me to talk with him about it…

*************************************************************** *****************************

Well, what do you think? I hope you didn't mind the "Back to the Future" reference when Amy was in Tails' workshop. Anyway, please review! Until nest time, see ya!