Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Red Hot Spot ❯ The Mayoral Meeting ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Sonic Team characters used in this fic. All I own are the rights to this story.
***************************************************************** ***************************
 
July 26, 13:18 outside Station Square City Hall
Eruption Countdown: 6 days, 3 hours, 49 minutes
 
* Amy appears outside the city hall, where most of the local government officials gather. She is still holding the test tube that she used at the park the previous night. As Amy starts to walk toward the building, a security guard stops her. *
 
Guard: Hey, who are you?
 
Amy: Um, Amy Rose.
 
Guard: You know you need clearance to enter this building.
 
Amy: I'm sorry, but this is urgent. I must speak with the mayor right away.
 
Guard: No can do. Like I said, you need clearance.
 
Amy: But I have to! The safety of the local citizens is on the line!
 
* Then a really big quake strikes, about magnitude 7.6. Both Amy and the guard fall off their feet from the intense shaking. Halfway through the quake, Amy notices a figure flying nearby, and seeing who it is, she calls out to it after the quake settles down. *
 
Amy: Hey Rouge, over here!
 
* The figure flies toward Amy and lands next to her. *
 
Rouge: Hey there. I never expected to find someone like you here.
 
Amy: Rouge, thank God I found you.
 
Rouge: I didn't know you were looking for me. I was only flying to avoid the earthquake that just hit.
 
Amy: Listen, I'll need your help for something important.
 
Rouge: Like what?
 
Amy: The quakes we've been feeling over the past week aren't fault line tremors. Something else is causing them, and I gotta talk to the mayor about it.
 
Rouge: Well, if that's the case, I can get you into this building. I'll listen to whatever you need to say while we're in the mayor's office.
 
Guard: (to Rouge) Hey, that's not fair Rouge. She's just a kid. We can't have kids inside a delicate place like this.
 
Rouge: (to the guard) Now pay attention, buddy. This “kid” is old enough to care of herself. She'll be just fine inside the city hall.
 
Guard: Oh alright. Go ahead.
 
Amy: (to the guard) Thank you! (to Rouge) Oh, one more thing, before I forget. Have you seen Sonic around lately?
 
Rouge: No, not recently.
 
Amy: That's what I was afraid of…
 
July 26, 13:36 Station Square City Hall
Eruption Countdown: 6 days, 3 hours, 31 minutes
 
* Rouge and Amy are just outside the mayor's office, when Rouge tells Amy to wait there for a minute or two. After that time interval, Rouge opens the door for her. *
 
Rouge: Come on in, Amy. Welcome to the mayor's office.
 
Amy: Thank you Rouge.
 
* Amy steps into the mayor's office, a moderately small room of decent décor.
It is a bit messy from the recent earthquake however. *
 
Mayor: (to Amy) Good day to you. Please, have a seat.
 
* Amy sits down in front of the mayor's desk. *
 
Mayor: Now Miss Rose, Rouge told me that you have something important to tell me about these quakes.
 
Amy: That's correct. Now don't jump on this, but these tremors are being caused by an underground volcano, not a fault line.
 
Mayor: (not convinced) Really?
 
Rouge: No way.
 
Amy: It's the truth. I collected a sample in the park that proves it.
 
* Amy takes the test tube out of her pocket and gives it to the mayor. *
 
Amy: If a scientist examines this, it ought to show there is a high concentration of sulfur in this water.
 
Rouge: Now if only Tails were here, he could help us out with this.
 
Amy: Just take it to any local scientist.
 
Mayor: I'll look into this. But for now, though, I'm not ready to assume the worst. No offense, but we'll also need to see that this isn't a fake.
 
Amy: I understand sir, but please get it done right away. This volcano is bound to erupt within one week.
 
Mayor: What? “One week”?
 
Amy: I'm afraid you wouldn't understand how I know the specific date, but I hope you'll take my word for it.
 
Mayor: We'll see. I'll get this analyzed pronto, and I'll send some volcanologists to study the town. But unless you somehow have a head start in studying this, your volcano, if it even exists, is bound to erupt before we can find it.
 
* An intercom on the mayor's desk rings, and he presses a button on it. *
 
Mayor: Yes?
 
Intercom: Sir, a pink hedgehog named Amy Rose has just arrived, and she wants to speak with you regarding the whereabouts of Sonic the Hedgehog.
 
Mayor: … … …
 
Intercom: Sir? Are you there?
 
Mayor: One second. (releases button)
 
Amy: That must be my past self at the front desk. Act like it's the first time you've seen me today, okay? I gotta go before my past self sees me. (rushes out the door)
 
Mayor: (to himself) Her past self? Can she really be from the future?
 
Rouge: Hell, I don't know. But I have the strangest feeling we'd better do what the future one says for now.
 
July 26, 13:47
Eruption Countdown: 6 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes
 
* Amy manages to find a back door out of the building in order to avoid her past self. She steps outside and takes a sigh of relief. *
 
Amy: Whew. That was close.
 
???: Amy! There you are.
 
Amy: Hey Tails.
 
Tails: (flies in and lands near Amy) What are you doing back here?
 
Amy: I just came out of the mayor's office. It looked like he started to believe me about the volcano. We may need a bit more evidence though.
 
Tails: Oh, I just remembered. I found more activity from the volcano, but this time there's enough gaseous matter for a decent sample.
 
Amy: The mayor said he would deploy some volcanologists around the city. If you find any of them, show them your site immediately.
 
Tails: Okay.
 
Amy: Oh, and just out of curiosity, where is that site?
 
Tails: Don't you know already?
 
Amy: No! Remember the mind reader machine you used on me?
 
Tails: Oh yeah, you were unconscious.
 
Amy: So, where's the activity?
 
Tails: (hesitating) It's…right under the park, where Cream and Vanilla live.
 
Amy: … … …
 
Tails: Amy?
 
Amy: Tails, get Cream, Cheese, Vanilla, and G-mel out of there now! The gases may get inside their house. Bring them to some safe place!
 
Tails: Would your house be good?
 
Amy: No, my house is right next to the park.
 
Tails: I'll see what I can do.
 
Amy: Please hurry. After all, I still have to find Sonic. He already knows about the volcano, but he doesn't know about his death yet.
 
Tails: Maybe I can find some of these volcanologists and have them study the site for me, while I use radar to find Sonic.
 
Amy: Okay. Contact me right away if you've found Sonic.
 
Tails: Bye. (flies off)
 
* After Tails flies away, Amy leaves the scene as well. However, Zero MK-II, the rebuilt robot from the previous night, was staring at them from a rooftop the whole time Tails and Amy were talking. *
 
Zero MK-II: *beep beep* Data collected. Resume mission: destroy future Amy Rose.
***************************************************************** ***************************
 
Please review! And I may or may not be updating this fic as often as before, since I want to get back to some other fics, as well as start new ones. But fear not - this story will still be finished as soon as possible! See ya!